The online racing simulator
Portal 2
(108 posts, started )
#26 - Uke
Quote from DevilDare :Did not live up to the hype for me.

Well the only dissapointing thing for me was that it ended.
The ending was "meh".

The gameplay was an even bigger, "meh". Its just Portal with more complex puzzles. Yeah I know, thats what the game is all about and there is nothing more you could really do. But it does not justify spending 30 quid on it. No way.
Quote from DevilDare :The ending was "meh".

The gameplay was an even bigger, "meh". Its just Portal with more complex puzzles. Yeah I know, thats what the game is all about and there is nothing more you could really do. But it does not justify spending 30 quid on it. No way.

thats just your experience innit. It'll feel well justified for other people.
GOTY 2011, 'nuff said.

Co-op alone is worth the money.
#30 - Uke
Quote from DevilDare :The ending was "meh".

You didnt mention the dark humour. And no, IMO It's not just about the puzzles imo.
The British ball robot thing was pretty funny, I'll give you that.

However, saying its not just about the puzzles is extremely stupid... Unless you can explain what you actually meant and give examples.

Also, best game of 2011? For petes sake, we are only in April. You still got tons of games to come...

Anyway, dont get me wrong. Its a good game. But I'm glad I didnt get worked over it like some people have, literally counting minutes until release.
The puzzles in Portal 1 were great, but the worldbuilding and little details were even better. I expect the same will be true of 2.
Quote from DevilDare :Also, best game of 2011? For petes sake, we are only in April. You still got tons of games to come...

portal 1 was the best game in the last 10+ years... if protal 2 is merely half as good its safe to say that its going to be the game of the year in the eyes of everyone who isnt a massive twat
Modern Warfare 3 is clearly going to be game of the year. I mean, when your character is named Ghost he just has to have the most epic storyz.

*Runs*
Quote from Shotglass :its going to be the game of the year in the eyes of everyone who isnt a massive twat

He has a point though, there are some hot contenders for the GOTY title still to come later this year: Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield...
I've bought 3 copies of it today. 1 for myself and 2 for close friends of mine.
Quote from bbman :He has a point though, there are some hot contenders for the GOTY title still to come later this year: Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield...

L.A Noire too.
Quote from bbman :...Deus Ex...

The new Deus Ex will be generic console shooter garbage seen by currently released gameplay videos. Only GOTY contender for Portal as far as I can see is Skyrim.

Anyway, finished the game. I really wish they would have used more repulsion gel based puzzles. Was dissapointed the one they made a trailer of wasn't in the game.

Back to co-op epicness!
portal 2 - excellent engine, level design, glados' excellent humour and very funny and interactive gameplay make this game one of very few actually playable these days
So how much better is this than Portal 1? Im seriously thinking of buying this. Dont have enough money then for Dirt 3 so gotta know if its really a good game
I don't know how it compares to Portal 1, but I can pretty much guarantee that it will be better than Dirt 3
Quote from Crashgate3 :I don't know how it compares to Portal 1, but I can pretty much guarantee that it will be better than Dirt 3

If Dirt 3 will be better than Dirt 2 then no, portal 2 cant be better than Dirt 3
#44 - JJ72
Quote from bbman :He has a point though, there are some hot contenders for the GOTY title still to come later this year: Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield...

I have a feeling that Deus Ex will suck because it is developed by Square Enix....after the load of crap which is mindjack I am having really low expectations.
Finished co-op, loved it all the way through.

Edit: oh, and what comes to deus ex 3, see attachment.
Attached images
1303320598584.jpg
Quote from bbman :, Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield...

Are you even serious Mass affect is horrible!
I fail to see how people can like it id rather take a shit on it then play it.
I may have read this wrong, but am I right in thinking the co-op is cross platform? So PC and xboc players can team up?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Are you even serious Mass affect is horrible!
I fail to see how people can like it id rather take a shit on it then play it.

ME1 was mostly great and I've heard ME2 is better in almost every way.

Hopefully the trend continues w/ 3.
Quote from Myffe :So how much better is this than Portal 1? Im seriously thinking of buying this. Dont have enough money then for Dirt 3 so gotta know if its really a good game

It has everything that made Portal great, without the stuff that would make it a repetitive copy. It's bigger, grander, newer, shinier. If you enjoyed Portal by any stretch, you'll surely enjoy Portal 2. It looks and runs great even on average systems too.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I may have read this wrong, but am I right in thinking the co-op is cross platform? So PC and xboc players can team up?

Quote :
"Portal 2" is the first console release to link up in some way with Valve's iTunes-like digital download service for PC (and now Mac as well) games. At the most basic level, built-in Steam support on the PS3 disc offers cross-platform "matchmaking, gameplay, friends, chat and achievements."

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com ... n-ps3-and-steam-detailed/

Portal 2
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG