The online racing simulator
feeling sad for lfs
(36 posts, started )
well i just came back to LFS after a year or two (or three?) and theres still servers with plenty of people and good racing. the game is still as fun as it ever was, not sure what the problem is.

only bad thing is that im still slow as hell
I'm an LFS member since 2003, and I'm one of those who quit LFS (about a year ago), but still come to the forum to see what the community is talking about and to see if Scawen posts something new.

I believe it worth the money I've spent, and I would even recommend buying S2 for newcomers. It gave me a lot of fun, but can't stand the current physics anymore.

I'm waiting a patch that fixes some handling issues (and makes those absolutely unrealistic setups and driving techniques a performance penalty), and if S3 comes out, I'll probably be buying it.
Quote from Mogar :I'm an LFS member since 2003, and I'm one of those who quit LFS (about a year ago), but still come to the forum to see what the community is talking about and to see if Scawen posts something new.

I believe it worth the money I've spent, and I would even recommend buying S2 for newcomers. It gave me a lot of fun, but can't stand the current physics anymore.

I'm waiting a patch that fixes some handling issues (and makes those absolutely unrealistic setups and driving techniques a performance penalty), and if S3 comes out, I'll probably be buying it.

The same for me.
I think the main problem here is: the patch got anounced and after 2/3 years it still isn't released. If they didn't anounce the patch before they certainly knew it was ready for release we wouldn't have so much moaners now.
Quote from Calzone :I think the main problem here is: the patch got anounced and after 2/3 years it still isn't released. If they didn't anounce the patch before they certainly knew it was ready for release we wouldn't have so much moaners now.

We would, they'd just be moaning about different things... At least now we have something to be looking forward to...
sad
i feel sad too, its good, realistic game but it feels so old, still nothing, nothing ne... same cars, same tracks, same bugs, same graphics, same psychics for eternity.....
This thread is now invalid.
Quote from Mi5ho.s :i feel sad too, its good, realistic game but it feels so old, still nothing, nothing ne... same cars, same tracks, same bugs, same graphics, same psychics for eternity.....

its not the same for you since you haven't bought it.
Quote from eddy678 :
Devs: Look i know its only 3 men but please can you give us some regular updates like once every 2 weeks to see how the game is proggresing?

Actually I don't understand who/what is the obstacle to hire another few developers so that LFS could be developed faster. I understand that it would imply additional expenses, but ppl buy it, so they could afford at least one or two additional developers. They could find some sponsors at last (if they don't have any yet). This is what I would do.

Anyway, I play only simulators for many years and LFS is the greatest of what I have seen. Also RBR for rally.

So keep it on guys! You are doing a great job!
Quote from piggy501 :This thread is now invalid.

Not yet, at least for me (and I believe for a bunch of people), what is missing is physics changes that changes the car handling and setup behaviour. The changes announced are more program optimizations, that although important, LFS is already fast and stable even on very modest configurations, and also about circuit layouts.

And, as on previous situations, it's an announced patch, and not a released patch.
Quote from cargame.nl :I will light a candle tonight...

You just be careful in your server room.. Cause if Cargame goes down, I'm whoopin' your ass!

feeling sad for lfs
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG