The online racing simulator
Post your Mobile Desktop..
(555 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Which is really easy?

Nice. What did you use for the clock? My mom has the same phone (white version), but I use it most of the time anyway.

Exactly my point :P
Android is the definition of ugly. The whole UI is a cluster****ed mess without any Interface guidelines anywhere. It's a ****ing miracle anyone can use it.
Oh shut it dustin already You're talking with yourself, Android is pretty damn good so far..
Android isn't good. It's a method for Google to shove advertising down your throat to make them money. It's a disgusting platform for any developer to work with. What do you target with an app? 2.1? 2.2? 2.3? 3.0? You haffto target all (if not more) if you want everyone to be able to use your application. Why should a developer need to cull his userbase before he writes a single line of code? That doesn't seem like a good way to get an application out to everyone.

Plus everyone touts Android as being open? Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually an open project has a working Source control where anyone can pull the source code and compile/browse it while it's being developed. If Android is so open, why does Google wait until well after the OS is released before they make it "open"? (That doesn't sound very open to me... Sounds like them just following the bare minimum of the GPL.. at their own leisure).

If Android is so open as well, why hasn't 3.0's source been released when there's been devices in the wild for a month with 3.0 released on it? That's pretty open I guess.. Google withholding the source for no good reason, other than they can. I can see how Android is such an open ****ing platform.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Android isn't good. It's a method for Google to shove advertising down your throat to make them money. It's a disgusting platform for any developer to work with. What do you target with an app? 2.1? 2.2? 2.3? 3.0? You haffto target all (if not more) if you want everyone to be able to use your application. Why should a developer need to cull his userbase before he writes a single line of code? That doesn't seem like a good way to get an application out to everyone.

Plus everyone touts Android as being open? Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually an open project has a working Source control where anyone can pull the source code and compile/browse it while it's being developed. If Android is so open, why does Google wait until well after the OS is released before they make it "open"? (That doesn't sound very open to me... Sounds like them just following the bare minimum of the GPL.. at their own leisure).

If Android is so open as well, why hasn't 3.0's source been released when there's been devices in the wild for a month with 3.0 released on it? That's pretty open I guess.. Google withholding the source for no good reason, other than they can. I can see how Android is such an open ****ing platform.

google addresses the fragmentation issue

as for 3.0's source not being released, if i'm not mistaken, gingerbread uses a different license than previous versions of android... but i could be wrong.

either way, get off your soapbox. we don't give a rat's ass that you think apple products are the best thing since sliced bread. besides, you're all losers...
I can say whatever teh **** I want. Awesome part about a forum. And I can speak my mind about how Google is a bunch of cum guzzling whores when it comes to Android. Or how it's made and used by a bunch of retarded inbred gangbangers.
Lockscreen, page 1 and page 2

tried to add some android screenshots, but apparently its a 40 step process if my phone isnt rooted
Attached images
iphone 001.png
iphone 002.png
iphone 003.png
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Android isn't good.

I agree with every single word you wrote in this thread about Android. Seriously.

Thank god we have Symbian in this world and It's very alive!
*waits for flamewar*
LOL symbian... It's dead and slow. I hate my 5800 already.
Attached images
Scr000008[1].jpg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :LOL symbian... It's dead and slow. I hate my 5800 already.

yes symbian sucks bad. my e51 gets stuck all the time.
Symbian S50v5 is dead to me. I hate my 5530 too; I at least wish I went with a 5800 to atleast have some more screen real estate.

I really want to go Andriod or iOS now.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :LOL symbian... It's dead and slow. I hate my 5800 already.

Well, that's because the S60v5 is actually dead! Many of them being discontinued. There are new iterations of it that work a lot better but still, they're only sold because they run on cheap hardware. I don't intend to hate on your phone but to be honest, the 5800's touchscreen is the worst of any Nokia I have used (most likely because it was the first touchscreen Nokia phone), and also because of that, its Symbian is the least optimized for touchscreen. You must make so much pressure that kind of defeats the point of touchscreen, and it is easily scratched.

Try out the new Symbian phones! The C6-01 is a great new Symbian phone that is cheap and has very good quality hardware. You'll notice a huge difference from the 5800 in everything, also notably on the screen which is made from glass (almost scratch-proof), it's AMOLED (great quality, brightness, clarity and colors) and capacitive multitouch. Not to mention it has a dedicated graphics card and runs the latest (and greatest) 3D games (as Gameloft would say, HD games).

Quote from MINIz guy :Symbian S50v5 is dead to me. I hate my 5530 too; I at least wish I went with a 5800 to atleast have some more screen real estate.

I really want to go Andriod or iOS now.

I particularly like the 5530 a lot better than the 5800, even though it lacks 3G, video calling and TV-Out. The 5530's touchscreen is also a lot more sensitive.
Anyone saying Symbian is good in any way at all in the modern day, has to be trolling hard. It was a decent phone OS back in 2002 when the 7650 was introduced, but now it's so outdated compared to Android and iOS that it really is FUBAR.

I hate to be saying this being an ex-nokia fan, but they have dropped the ball and then shot themself in the foot once too often when it comes to their decisions how to design phones in the last 5 years or so. The decision to go with WinMob certainly won't help them.

Attached screenshots, my iPad. Had to loose the jailbreak today after updating to 4.3.1 to get the 3G wifi tethering with the iPhone.
Attached images
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0003.PNG
I was thinking "I only have 5 out of 6 homescreens, so why not create a new one and see how it turns out?"

And that's how it turned out:

I'm really happy with it. It's very practical to turn on the phone and automatically have live messenger online for me. It works so great! It is integrated on the system, so for example, when I receive a sms or someone call me I can see their Live Messenger and Orkut status right beside their names, along with their latest twitter, facebook, foursquare and linkedin updates and a big photo of them, all automatically synchronized.

Here's mine.

Haven't changed my theme for ages... Any suggestions on transparentish looking ones?
Attached images
IMG_8003.PNG
Plain and Simple. On the 2nd Homescreen are just more Apps.
Attached images
IMG_0536[1].PNG
IMG_0537[1].PNG
I installed a custom firmware on my S60v5 OS and it looks similar to the Nokia C6 but with less features. Looks similar to this.

I've got 2 home screens but only one is used, and I don't have cool apps since my phone doesn't have 3G (nor will I pay for it!). However, I am content with my phone for now and will use it for a few more years at this point.
#46 - PoVo
I'm running Android 2.3.3 now. Need to repost my mobile screen
New one... a lot better than before!

The background is a photo I took in one of my favorite restaurants: Outback Steakhouse

The picture on the right, shown above, is the sleeping screen (when the phone is in standby, this screen shuffles some wallpapers, shows battery, profile, date/hour and notifications)

Plenty of changes, and I'm now using the new Nokia Pure font instead of the old Nokia Sans.
http://brandbook.nokia.com/blog/view/item62250/ Nokia Pure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE5pLjrivP8 Sleeping Screen
Going for some night desk, 'led' look...

Quote from Boris Lozac :Going for some night desk, 'led' look...

That's a very nice and clean interface. Is it an addon or a theme you downloaded?

Post your Mobile Desktop..
(555 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG