Event: 12 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix
Circuit Code: BL1
Skies: Clear Day

Qualifying Session 1: 27 March 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Qualifying Session 2: 1 April 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Race Session: 2 April 2011 11:00 UTC
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759 : changin to fzr hopez
Is there anybody who likes to drive 12h on boring BL1? Just wondering if I'm the only one who hates long races on small BL1.
28 cars on this short track, for 12 hours long.
well, could be worse, but imo its sick
I wouldn't fear the overtaking issues which might come up. It's more just the sheer demand the track has to be fast consistantly.
Blackwood 12h with GT9's, just so awesome!
I think it is great to watch the race on the stream. I also think that is very funny when you drive top 5 position... I also think when you drive at the end that is realy sucks.. All the time blue flags.
I pitty the fools that will drive xr2 for 12h there I guess most of the negative comments will come from them, but fxs drove kyotos and westhill, so stop complaining and practice so we can watch some good racing
XR9s are fine for me on BL1 but we got no setup :|
dunno if anybody will even drive Q1

FX9 is utterly boring on BL1, even if you mess up you just do a drift and are fine

I think the strategy is obvious don't get overtaken by leader and get a SC just before last 30min 12h race turns into 30min sprint
XR9 @ BL1 is absolutely awesome.
True dat +1
epic fail
Quote from PMD9409 :XR9 @ BL1 is absolutely awesome.

I still havent done a single lap but I believe you are right...it is just that those with FX9's will have to put 1/5 of the efford into driving as fast as XR9's...
however I admit it is quite balanced...RWD were faster on KY3 and WE1 maybe also Aston...
We're going to be back into track for this last round, hope it's a good long run in old Blackwood.

Nice Q1 times btw, I missed the session cos had no connection during yesterday noon, isp sucks sometimes */
Quote from Bungo :teamName: GraVt Racing Team
number: 07
car: FXR
drivers:
Fege, Fredrik Gehammar, Sweden
Bungo, Niklas Bjorklund, Sweden
martinson, Mattias Martinson, Sweden
Turbofreak, Magnus Björndal, Sweden

07 GraVt Racing Team;Fredrik Gehammar, Niklas Bjorklund, Mattias Martinson, Magnus Björndal

mail with roster update sent 24/3

Can't be serious? If he's allowed to race then they(Gehammar and Magnus) should atleast get 51% limits like me, Joe and Joni(maybe more have them, idk) then
Quote from IsaacPrice :Can't be serious? If he's allowed to race then they(Gehammar and Magnus) should atleast get 51% limits like me, Joe and Joni(maybe more have them, idk) then

well the rule, that experienced drivers from higher leagues should not be allowed to compete in GTAL, is violated quite massively.
#16 - CSF
:rolleyes: It isn't. If you start the season in GTAL you can complete it, thats the way its always been.

@ Ginger, no decision has been taken on Turbofreak as yet.
BTW we'll be doing our final test race of the season as usual at 6pm GMT - same time as before, but an hour earlier for GMT due to DST in most places. 10 minute quali, hour race, double file start.
on thursday ?
Why the **** you need to ram like that from the very begining?

I know its a test race, but that doesn´t make it any different from other race, sportmanship still applys :|
Just FYI we'll be doing a SC start test again for a few laps, once everyone has finished their test race stint, be some good practice
Quote from manneF1 :Why the **** you need to ram like that from the very begining?

I know its a test race, but that doesn´t make it any different from other race, sportmanship still applys :|

yeah i just couldnt believe what was going on there. even before turn 1 appeared, there've been already like 5-6 cars sideways, and as i was going into turn 1 and following someone smashed me from behind, so i end up in the gravel and finally hit the wall...

and the SC / Restart testing after the test race was even more worse.
everybody was crashing like pigs, tunnel driving and didnt take care of each other at all... if this is going to happen on saturday, we'll see even more SC's then we had on FE4 (about 15)

luckily it didnt surprise me that after T1 I was on the last place (from 10th starting) because of huge bump from behind...felt like lag to me...

However I just cant understand why the hell people have to be so impatient and selfish...FXR's especially because they dont understand how "fragile" XRR's and FZR's are during contacts and they just push and push until I am in non-controlable slide and eventually in the wall with major damage... interestingly it has been again because of the same unnamed team like many times before...

it was just a testrace so there was nothing in stake but in 12h I would be very mad if someone did this to me...
Is it really that difficult to pay some respect to other competitors and not just look at myself and my profit? (I know. I've already said this million times before)
your teammate wasnt even doing better i think it was kuliska who pushed me into the wall turn 1 after 3 or 4 laps...

#25 - CSF
Anyone else enjoy ineX Simon Cattell proving his pro status by spinning out of his grid spot and flipping on lap 2?

Round 7: Race Discussion
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG