The online racing simulator
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :-Do we have a "different" icon for associated LFS files?. I don't think LFS.exe icon is the best one to use, maybe a lighter one or a different one with a shit of paper behind or something.

On my computer it automatically puts a sheet of paper behind a tiny version of LFS icon. No shit!

EDIT : attached picture shows the automatically generated thing.
Attached images
icon.gif
Nice update. Haven't gotten any problems with it.
Maybe I'll try Win Vista when I get my laptop in 3 weeks.

Questions:
Any plans for adding ingame options for AA & AF? Using nVidia profile for that now.

When using the "custom" view, there is no shadow under the car when the view is located "on" it (anywhere over the model sortof).Will the shadow be enabled in this view in any of the later patches?
Hmmmm
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :I have not tested the last patch, so I don't know if this has been done:

-Do we have a "different" icon for associated LFS files?. I don't think LFS.exe icon is the best one to use, maybe a lighter one or a different one with a shit of paper behind or something.

If this is actually in the patch, I better shut up :hyper:

some of the ppl here are going to create some icons...
==> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9522

and with LFS:FileAssociator you can already use different icons for .spr, .mpr, and .set files...
==> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9502
So when is today's patch coming?
When it's done, I guess...
Quote from Lible :So when is today's patch coming?

Tomorrow.

No, I really don't know, as there are a few things to be done this week. And right now there is no urgent problem with U9.
Quote from Scawen :Added SET file association (copy set to folder)

awesome feature! does any other game do this?
Quote from Scawen :On my computer it automatically puts a sheet of paper behind a tiny version of LFS icon. No shit!

well, this makes windows for u automatically...

me (LFS:FA) uses the LFS icon...
or, if u like, a different one
The patch seems to add some nice features, but the file association doesn't work for me.

After associating mpr, spr and sets with the lfs.exe - i get the following error by clicking one of them. Am i doing something wrong?
Attached images
fehler.jpg
Quote from Warper :The patch seems to add some nice features, but the file association doesn't work for me.

After associating mpr, spr and sets with the lfs.exe - i get the following error by clicking one of them. Am i doing something wrong?

how did u do the association?
manually, or with LFS:FA?
Quote from Scawen :On my computer it automatically puts a sheet of paper behind a tiny version of LFS icon. No shit!

hehe, standart feature of windows since 95
didn't you notice before? many self-associated files have that
Quote from Warper :The patch seems to add some nice features, but the file association doesn't work for me.

Either you haven't updated LFS to version posted on this thread or you made the association to wrong (old version) LFS installation.
i have just found a problem not sure if it has been said all ready, i was hotlaping and when i finished i minimize it by the windows icon to upload my time and i went back onto lfs and i just got a black but lfs was working in the background so i shut lfs down and restart lfs again but i got a message saying error could not interlise graphics

EDIT: the only why i could slove it is to restart the pc
Hey Scawen, Just another request as you have the mpr/spr/set thingies going on, would there be a chance of doing that with the .lyt files also? It would be a nifty feature to save a few clicks.

Any chance, and if so, Thank you Scawen
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hey Scawen, Just another request as you have the mpr/spr/set thingies going on, would there be a chance of doing that with the .lyt files also? It would be a nifty feature to save a few clicks.

doh was just about to post the same thing
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hey Scawen, Just another request as you have the mpr/spr/set thingies going on, would there be a chance of doing that with the .lyt files also? It would be a nifty feature to save a few clicks.

This cannot initialize graphics text is coming to me very often, but not this way. I allways have to do a restart then.

And one thing dawesdust - LFS can't be minimized that, actually you mustn't do that. You can use SHIFT F4, but not minimizing.
I said stuff about LFS being minimized?

I'm totally confused.

EDIT: Do you mean RC10racer, the dude who posted above me. All I posted about was a request for .lyt files to be treated in the same matter as .set files are now (E.G. Copyed to correct folder)
I have no problems with alt+tabbing or hitting the windows start key. I usually play windowed anyway as it makes it look less aliased
#170 - KTy
Quote from KTy :
Quote from KTy :Great

Is next step the custom control settings for each car or even for each setup ? (clutch, auto-clutch, gear stick, gear behind the wheels,...etc)

No comments on this request ?
I really need this in order to switch much faster from GTI to Formula 1...

Oh well....
^^^ Sorry, but I think it would be a pain in the a** to store all those different controller settings.

Actually, aren't controller settings saved per player? If that's the case then you could just make a different player with the changed control settings, and everytime you need autoclutch you take player 1 and otherwise player 2.
This is actually a bug that happend to me in 'U' but you might want to squash it now.

Sequence:

1. Been hotlaping at as club in the fox (note position in chart ) with 10% fuel.

2. Came to league practice where they were running 43 laps, and were near the end of the race, so i just went out on my 10% and practiced for 4 laps when the race then ended.

3. I then went into the pits and changed my fuel to 70%, got distracted (damn cat) and noticed they were starting the race and i clicked ok (save/exit whatever its named) just as it was saying 'Restart:1' and started the race, it was only at the end of the first lap when i'd thought i'd made the best setup in the world because it was so fast with 70% fuel that i realised that i only had 10% and had to pit on lap 6, when the race ended i went straight to the pits, and it was set to 70% like i'd set.

Hope its an easy fix, i may not get onto lfs today to try and replicate it exactly but i think the bug might just be related to when you change the fuel (maybe other settings are affected too?) and the race starts when you are in the pit, im not sure if i pitted out with 1 sec to go or right as the race sequence started though.

Simon
Quote from DanneDA :
When using the "custom" view, there is no shadow under the car when the view is located "on" it (anywhere over the model sortof).Will the shadow be enabled in this view in any of the later patches?

I'm also wondering why there is no shadow in that view.
Wheels only mode can be without shadows, but in the internal and both external modes shadow has to be displayed, because it looks strange without it.
Fixed steering wheel option?
It is really great to have an option to disable driver/steering wheel in custom views. Now I can use lower FOV and move the seat back to still see the mirrors.

Now what we need is an option to have a fixed (not movable) steering wheel.

I like to drive with steering wheel off except for formula cars which have instruments on steering wheel.

Ventus
I must be missing something I guess.

If I set, wheel on, driver off, in the F08, and then switch to FOX, set wheel off, I switch back to the F08 and the wheel is off. It's not remembering the settings for the different cars. And yes it says patch U9 when I start LFS.

Do you have to save the settings for the different cars? I don't get it.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG