The online racing simulator
HELP - LFS makes computer crash.
Hi guys.
Last week I reinstalled my computer to the windows and hp standards.

For the mention - I've had LFS on this exact same machine before the reinstallation, and it worked like a charm.

Now, after the reinstallation, I've problems: LFS is crashing my computer. When I'm about 10-15 minutes into the game, the computer suddenly crashes, and reboots.

I've tried updating the drivers and LFS itself, but it hasn't helped.

Can anyone tell me, what has gone wrong, and more important how to fix it.

Thx, Tonny.
Your comp probably overheats. Remove the carpets of dust, balls of fur and all the sticky goo from the inside. Then try again.
I'll give it a try, and back to you soon

Thanks, mate.
Could be your harddrive on the way out. Mine is doing the exact same thing and i have been told the HDD is dead.
Well, honestly I don't think my hard drive is on the way out. Right now, after a thorough blast of air through the machine, it seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help, guys I really appreciate it !
Honestly....did you miss the right thread?

http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Dont know what you mean by HP standard by those "standard" programs added by HP and other companies is usually crap and making issues. Clean Win installation and you should not have any problems with LFS.

Think about it. Did LFS chnaged when installing again. Not, so obviously its your system. I dont think it will be hardware related.
#7 - Nick7
Actually, sudden crashes are most often due to buggy hardware.
And in most cases it's overheating issues.

But, it also can be Windows installation... especially if you upgraded some drivers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG