The online racing simulator
Logo Discussion
(60 posts, started )
Tied to capture the fact that PRISM is an external coding program for LFS - LFS on one side going into Prism and cars coming out other side.

I also liked the idea of the colours being sort of lanes for cars.
Attached images
LFS prism.png
Quote from sinanju :Tied to capture the fact that PRISM is an external coding program for LFS - LFS on one side going into Prism and cars coming out other side.

I also liked the idea of the colours being sort of lanes for cars.

i like ^_^
I understand the LFS on one side, and the rays of cars coming out the other. Although PRISM is a plugin interface for LFS. But I like the concept, it would be cool to see something like extensions, modules and plugins some how represented in the logo. Or just have a LFS on one side, the words extensions, modules and plugins on each edge of the PRISM, and then on the side that says Plugins have it come out with the color spectrum and name some of the built in plugins, but make the words a mask for the underlaying rainbow gradient. I really wish I had some graphic design skill. Thank you Sinanju and Flame_CZE for taking an interest in this, I like what you have so far.
Extremely rough!

Would be better if someone could do it with a british 3 prong clear glass pyramidal shaped plug with LFS logo on one side, logo sort of feint and extruded shining thru middle of plug, with rainbow effect on other side with the various text, or better yet, just a rainbow effect background with a mask only showing the rainbow as letters (almost the opposite of what I've got). The PRISM and PLUG IN lettering in chisel effect into the glass plug.

Tried doing it in Paint Shop Pro 9, but it's far harder to do what I want than when I had much earlier version (which I've lost), so ended up doing it Paint!
Attached images
LFS prism.png
Quote from sinanju :or better yet, just a rainbow effect background with a mask only showing the rainbow as letters (almost the opposite of what I've got).

That's exactly what I mean and I like what you made! I think it's pretty awesome. Just big, very big . Think of the size of the Live For Speed logo on this forum, around that size would be great!
Hm ... somehow I was thinking of the prism actually being created by modules, plugins etc.
something like this ... only done by someone capable of doing it

Well ... the prism-thing there is actually an anti-prism due to being made out of tetrahedrons but well ... it's just an example ...
and obviously I wasn't capable of doing that rainbow-stuff in a manner that it "expands" ... you'll have to imagine that yourself ...
Attached images
prism.png
I was searching a prism to make a design, but I found this picture and I think it is what you were suggesting. Change 'The Web' by LFS and the logos by extensions, plugins, etc

This is my vision of Prism.

Note: I can improve it a lot, just need to know your opinion and a mouse that actually works (coming on friday or monday )
Wow, avetere, I love the idea behind your design! Modules making up the prism. You might even be able to get away with one tetrahedron upside down, at it's center making up the core of PRISM, that might even be colored a different way, then built onto it around it to make a full tetrahedron out of smaller tetrahedrons showing the modular infrastructure of PRISM. We could have a stream of light being the raw insim packets, and then having the rainbow come out the other side showing like structured data, or even sticking with the Extensions, Modules & Plugins words steaming out the otherside.

Making this in 3DS Max or Maya would be interesting, adding a glassly look to the render I think would be a cool effect. Then you could add the beam of "InSim Packet Light" coming in and then a rainbow effect in post production using Photoshop. That would look freaking awesome. I really wish I had spent more time on 3D design in my past because it looks freaking cool in my head!

Whiskey, that's more or less what I was thinking of, the first example you posted but I love where avetere is going with his ideas!
These things are all well and good as visual examples of what the thing is, but pretty bad as logos imho. A logo should be simple, be able to be displayed at a small size, be able to be displayed in two colours (like in a black-ink-only photocopy) all without losing any of the impact. None of these images have any of these qualities, aside from Flame's example. I think you're all trying to cram too much into this; remember, a logo is not a pictogram of the function, it's a simple graphic that is ideally tangentially related to it.

Flame's is by far the best here, as a logo, imho. It's simple, it works in only two colours, can be displayed at any size and it's representitive of the ideal. It could use some more work to be a terrific example, but I think it's going in a pretty great direction right now.

That's just my 2c, of course.
Your right, but I can dream right? The ideas that have come up do a great job at conveying the idea behind PRISM, and I'm quite glad that people understand the project as well as they do because some of these logos would d a great job of illustrating how PRISM works. But your right, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid), is the best approach.
Well, without all that lightning stuff and text, one could always shrink the "basic shape" down to a convenient size as 16 or 32 pixels ... something like those:
(as before mere "quickshots" just to get an idea of what i meant )
Attached images
drawing.png
g3227.png
Quote from avetere :Well, without all that lightning stuff and text, one could always shrink the "basic shape" down to a convenient size as 16 or 32 pixels ... something like those:
(as before mere "quickshots" just to get an idea of what i meant )

Looks OK but I think you should try to make a true prism using this technique. This one is a pyramid, not a prism. Otherwise, it looks good.

Quote from MAGGOT :These things are all well and good as visual examples of what the thing is, but pretty bad as logos imho. A logo should be simple, be able to be displayed at a small size, be able to be displayed in two colours (like in a black-ink-only photocopy) all without losing any of the impact. None of these images have any of these qualities, aside from Flame's example. I think you're all trying to cram too much into this; remember, a logo is not a pictogram of the function, it's a simple graphic that is ideally tangentially related to it.

Flame's is by far the best here, as a logo, imho. It's simple, it works in only two colours, can be displayed at any size and it's representitive of the ideal. It could use some more work to be a terrific example, but I think it's going in a pretty great direction right now.

That's just my 2c, of course.

I kind of agree with you, I like simple logos and I think they are the best-looking ones.
Quote from Flame CZE :Looks OK but I think you should try to make a true prism using this technique. This one is a pyramid, not a prism. Otherwise, it looks good.

Yeah ... I aggree, that that one might need a bit of imagination ... In retrospective I can't seem to understand, why I believed the inner section of those tetrahedron to actually be a prism ...

Well ... though I'm still quite fascinated by that polyhedron-approach, I did a quick shot at a similar thing to result in a prism ... and here it comes ... (the grey thingy in the middle obviously representing the prism core )

EDIT: Just put both together for a better comparison
Attached images
1234.png
tetra_prism.PNG
Some 2 dimensional logo's that can be scaled up or down.

Easy enough to change the wording in any part.
Attached images
more prisms.png
why not just have the current LFS logo but fill the text of the word "Speed" with the colours of the spectrum?
a bit of lateral thinking guys. don't just for for the obvious.
Another ideas...
Attached images
prism 2.jpg
Flame, that is brilliant! Following MAGGOT's example, that fits the bill perfectly.

Avetere, I love your ideas, they are really quite good, but I also forgot that it has to be a prism in shape. I like where you where going with it tho.
Quote from Flame CZE :Another ideas...

possible to make middle left with transparent background?
I actually like flame's middle one on the left!
It gets the modular approach, is "simple" though appealing.
And the "i" gives a real good logo/icon without loosing anything
Quote from T3charmy :possible to make bottom left with transparent background?

All of them with a transparent background . Great work flame, I think your home.
Yeah, I think Flame is on the money, all the others are very alike in concept, and i won't knock it, all my ideas were about the same. Hard job, good work Flame!

The best I came up with, not much different to other ideas...
Attached images
prism.jpg
I talked it over with Victor, he agrees. Flame you've won if you would be willing to send the resource files to myself in a zip I'll upload it along with the image in the next version 0.3.4.
So, I'm glad you like mines, thanks

Dygear, do you want me to send you all of them or just the middle left one? And does it need to be a vector image or a bitmap?

Logo Discussion
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG