The online racing simulator
Driving school
(17 posts, started )
Driving school
So it bursted in to my mind, why not to improve the driving school a little in LFS. It would be fun if LFS had a track where you could practice parking, test the car in different road conditions etc... All the basic things you should know before driving. We already have driving school in LFS but it mostly is for testing the car in racing conditions. I'm not saying I know how much work it will take, because i don't. Just thinking it would be a great feature for LFS and also a good topic to discuss the down-sides and the good-sides of it.
Give a heads up what you guys think about it.

Please, no need to start flaming on me for bringing the topic up because im a demo racer.
#2 - dadge
Quote from Drift[EST] : We already have driving school in LFS but it mostly is for testing the car in racing conditions.

that's because it's a racing sim. not a driving sim. i'm not flaming you because you're a demo user either. i'm flaming you because it was a stupid idea.
Quote from dadge :that's because it's a racing sim. not a driving sim. i'm not flaming you because you're a demo user either. i'm flaming you because it was a stupid idea.

Just because it's a racing sim, doesn't mean that it's a stupid idea. You could do it step by step to become a race driver, starting from the basics of learning how to drive. Although it's not necessary for a racing sim. I get your point .
#4 - e.M
you want to learn using clutch in game ? majority dont even have a third pedal. if you want parking just put some cones in autocross
the mirrors in this gaame are inadequate to park a car you can't see the side of the car
U could put some barriers and posts on the track urself - in the layout editor. Ive done that and got what i needed. Also, im pretty sure u could do a nice driving instructor style insim in lfs.

Why hasnt anyone done this?

Edit: Forgot, demo users cant edit layout.
#8 - hp999
Climbing ladders... hmmph... iRacing
There's no point making suggestions for this game any more...
Quote from Drift[EST] :So it bursted in to my mind, why not to improve the driving school a little in LFS. It would be fun if LFS had a track where you could practice parking, test the car in different road conditions etc... All the basic things you should know before driving. We already have driving school in LFS but it mostly is for testing the car in racing conditions. I'm not saying I know how much work it will take, because i don't. Just thinking it would be a great feature for LFS and also a good topic to discuss the down-sides and the good-sides of it.
Give a heads up what you guys think about it.

Please, no need to start flaming on me for bringing the topic up because im a demo racer.

good idea but i am sure this would never go through on lfs. when i first tried Cruise server i made my self a lan host on car park track and opened lfs 3 times and put a car in two spaces with one space free in the middle. this meant i could try out clutch on g25 and steering and such. you also get some practise for real life cases but i am not saying use lfs for real life driving because there is no way lfs is close to real life any time near

P.S lol when has any S2 driver ever made fun of a demo driver on this forum ???
Quote from tbofram :good idea but i am sure this would never go through on lfs. when i first tried Cruise server i made my self a lan host on car park track and opened lfs 3 times and put a car in two spaces with one space free in the middle. this meant i could try out clutch on g25 and steering and such. you also get some practise for real life cases but i am not saying use lfs for real life driving because there is no way lfs is close to real life any time near

P.S lol when has any S2 driver ever made fun of a demo driver on this forum ???

Actually with the reflexes i've got from playing LFS, were pretty useful for me on last years ice-track. First time i was on a track with a real car and I gotta tell you, LFS is pretty much realistic to me. And about making fun of the demo drivers, I have seen some, can't really quote a post for you, but I just thought id point that out so hopefully i wouldn't get flamed
for me, as for my opinion, not bad idea at all, but it should be a bt more complicated, like braking from 100km/h to 0km/h and inside of pitbox or something like that would be good.

but anyway nice idea
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :for me, as for my opinion, not bad idea at all, but it should be a bt more complicated, like braking from 100km/h to 0km/h and inside of pitbox or something like that would be good.

That sound to me pretty much like Richard Burns rally school.
Maybe designing some tests a bit more orientated to circuit rather than rally could bring us a really cool driving school.
Quote from Whiskey :That sound to me pretty much like Richard Burns rally school.
Maybe designing some tests a bit more orientated to circuit rather than rally could bring us a really cool driving school.

+1

For putting it in the words I wanted to describe it.
Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for bringing up this topic.
I'm actually running a company where
we are training drivers to drive using a sim.

I've configured a very slow car with
a very smooth steering and we are "Selling"
these pieces like hot cakes to driving schools.

The users get 90% of their steering control,
100% of their Brake and Accelerator Co-ordination.

DrifTest what I came to this foum for is
to find out how to place a
new LYT file in the demo version?

That being done I have some sort of driving school
environment ready. Thank you so much for
articulating your bursting thoughts.

Driving school
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG