The online racing simulator
Censorship on this forum
(70 posts, closed, started )
I'm going to stay out of this mostly. I too am highly displeased at the apparent lack of progress. But its whatever, I'm not the one working on it. However, if posts are indeed being deleted, then I agree that censorship is the right word for it and all the connotations that implies. If you're going to lock a thread, fine. But to delete it is stiffling free speach. At the most, edit the content of the opening post to say it violates forum rules and lock it...but leave it up so that it can be seen to have existed.
Quote from bw_krupp :But to delete it is stiffling free speach.

Ah come on...

"Free speech..." Ppff..

You may say what you want here but in the appropriate topic. (Progress report in this case).
Quote from Dandy Dust :Well, what can one say. The spirit of an INDEPENDENTLY developed game, that has the best online-racing-netcode is beeing severely damaged by an additude that reminds me of the former romanian regime under Ceauşescu.

:doh:
#29 - STF
Quote from Dandy Dust :an additude that reminds me of the former romanian regime under Ceauşescu.

You say that like it was a bad thing.

Ummm it WAS a bad thing, one of the main reasons I don't live there anymore. You shouldn't joke about that.
-
(myg0t.com) DELETED by Victor : Spammer (amb)
that was a quick ban!

Anyways big picture there...
Quote from Dandy Dust :Hi there!

Ufortunately we have come to the point where this forum is being heavily censored.

I posted a zombie to express my feelings about the "s1-gift".
I wrote that we were promised a new car (Scirocco in 2008)

My post has vanished!

afaik you as the original poster of that deleted post, can read the reason for the deletion, in the place where you post was in that thread.

"I'm not going to let this thread turn into another bash fest"

Every single time scawen posts something here, threads eventually turn into a bash fest, and I'll not have it with that thread. If you want to complain about progress, then you can do that in the following thread from now on :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72922

I've reinstated that very nice post of yours as a thread starter.
Just so people know I'm not full of crap like you want them to believe, that is why I deleted your post.

From now on I'm going to move all complaints about slowness or whatever into that thread, to keep other threads on topic. If you made a complaint and later on cannot find it, then you'll be able to find your complaint in that thread.

As for letting people know about moderation actions, I agree they could be more informative. I'd love to have a feature that automatically informs people of moderation actions and even keeps a log that people can view in order to see what's going on. But vb isn't that elaborate. It's one reason I'm heavily contemplating creating my own forum software though...
Anyway, at times we just cannot keep pm'ing people about minor violations. And I think people will agree that THAT post of yours had content that was asking to be removed.

Have a nice day.
Quote from Victor :afaik you as the original poster of that deleted post, can read the reason for the deletion, in the place where you post was in that thread.

"I'm not going to let this thread turn into another bash fest"

Every single time scawen posts something here, threads eventually turn into a bash fest, and I'll not have it with that thread. If you want to complain about progress, then you can do that in the following thread from now on :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72922

I've reinstated that very nice post of yours as a thread starter.
Just so people know I'm not full of crap like you want them to believe, that is why I deleted your post.

From now on I'm going to move all complaints about slowness or whatever into that thread, to keep other threads on topic. If you made a complaint and later on cannot find it, then you'll be able to find your complaint in that thread.

As for letting people know about moderation actions, I agree they could be more informative. I'd love to have a feature that automatically informs people of moderation actions and even keeps a log that people can view in order to see what's going on. But vb isn't that elaborate. It's one reason I'm heavily contemplating creating my own forum software though...
Anyway, at times we just cannot keep pm'ing people about minor violations. And I think people will agree that THAT post of yours had content that was asking to be removed.

Have a nice day.

#34 - CSF
Victor 1-0 DandyDust
just to make sure people don't complain about me stating I'll remove complaints (this thread is titled "Censorship on this forum" after all) ... I'm not referring to legit complaints obviously. If you have a problem, please let us know.
I'm talking about the endless complaints regarding LFS development. I can assure you, we have heard people's complaints. Continuing with them serves very little purpose.
But if one really wants to vent, then he or she must feel free to do so _in that thread_ (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72922)
That way you won't be censored (unless you post filth)
While the rest of Europe sleeps, in the shadows a Victor lies awake; awaiting his chance to strike on the lowly disrespectful forumers.
#37 - STF
Lol @ dustin.

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Ummm it WAS a bad thing, one of the main reasons I don't live there anymore. You shouldn't joke about that.

Didn`t mean to stir old feelings and bad memories. And yeah, it WAS a bad thing, I agree here. Not so sure it`s much better now tho, for the majority of people, after all those years.

At least back then, nobody could steal or kill, no matter who they were, or at least not as blatant as today, otherwise they would`ve gotten ass raped by elephants. :P

Complaining about censorship of a subject that`s been done to death for thousands of posts, and nobody wants to hear about anymore..
It`s like doing the same thing over and over again, failing, still expecting a different result every time. Then doing it again, and wondering why you get the same answer.

Don`t know why people take everything so personally.

Even I understood that, a freakin demo racer(which, you might know, are like blonds from blond jokes) :P.

Anyway, point is, people will always find something to be unhappy about.
Trying to find a higher meaning in life, imo, should be on the list of top priorities for everyone, cause we`re all here just temporary.

It`s not about "you", but it is. Cryptic yeah.

^ That`s just a biased opinion, like all opinions. And it`s mine. So.. censor me.
Quote from amp88 :hands up who had "2 posts" as their godwin's law raffle ticket.

Nice.
At least Victor is straight and not insulting like Eric or with soup around text like Scawen lately. He got my this time.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :At least Victor is straight and not insulting like Eric or with soup around text like Scawen lately. He got my this time.

Aww didums
#41 - MR_B
I think someone's been watching too much TV News coverage, this isn't Egypt.
There's no such thing as freedom of speech in a privately-owned environment. The "outrage of censorship" only really works in public declarations or government affairs.

It's the developer's forum. They can delete/edit/mod whatever they want. Freedom works both ways my friend

/thread
I'd reset your internet, the lag to Hawaii seems to have expanded massively in the past couple of weeks.
a box of tampons shall be awarded to the op.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :A forum is not a democracy therefore you are not entitled to free speech. You are at the mercy of the moderators whose intent is to keep rational and polite-ish conversation on the forum.

Clearly with people like yourself and me, they fail. They almost as fail as much as OP.
Quote from boothy :I'd reset your internet, the lag to Hawaii seems to have expanded massively in the past couple of weeks.

Why do you have passo in your avatar?
Quote from lizardfolk :Why do you have passo in your avatar?

Because he's ****ing awesome. And gay, according to his recent FB statii.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Clearly with people like yourself and me, they fail. They almost as fail as much as OP.

Rebel without a clue.
Or infact any sort of purpose whatsoever.
IMO, by far the most disgusting of Ceauşescu's crimes was his slow rate of software development.
This thread is closed

Censorship on this forum
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG