The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :lol. just because i don't agree with you, it doesn't mean you have to compare me with like minded individuals. why is it that when one user says something like "wait for the patch" or "the patch will be here when it ready". someone always accuses them of talking like a Dev? it's getting old.
i can only hope that these "Dev talkers" don't get burned on a cross.

Do you know why its like that now. Because everybody who say something negative about LFS is being accused as moaner, impatient or anything like that. I said do not take it personally and I hope you did. Simply there are serious flaws in LFS development lately and its like "no,no" you cant say it otherwise you are moaner or anything meant that way. This is sad...

There could be realeased things which are not linked with physics at all. I dont care about Scirocco anymore and it starting looking to me like a bit of vaporware. I would be not suprised that at some point later they will come with sorry message that the licence is outdated and Scirocco cant be used anymore or whatever. I really dont care much if the car will be Scirocco or any other cars. Where is Eric with his updates to LFS at all???
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyone else way more interested in trying the new tyres on their favourite car than trying the Scirocco?

me, i could care less about the VW.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyone else way more interested in trying the new tyres on their favourite car than trying the Scirocco?

Err, yes, of course. And I do hope we represent the majority by far.

For me, VWS+Rockingham are mainly for PRs, don't bring anything major to the game, but such releases can spread the word about LFS, and attract people who so far didn't try the game, because they are only interrested in driving real life cars/track, and they do represent a consequent amount of people somehow.
Quote from Amynue :Instead of getting frustrated go here and help me help you.

what are we gonna do with a bodged up mod that doesn't work as intended
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :For me, VWS+Rockingham are mainly for PRs, don't bring anything major to the game, but such releases can spread the word about LFS, and attract people who so far didn't try the game, because they are only interrested in driving real life cars/track, and they do represent a consequent amount of people somehow.

Woulda been good PR if it were released 2 years ago.
Quote from Nick7 :Woulda been good PR if it were released 2 years ago.

We would've all forgotten about it by now. Not releasing it means we're all still talking about it.
Quote from B0mberMan :there is a new one to be released soon,

shall we expect the new one to be featured in the ... "new" upcoming version of LFS?

The R line Scirocco would be better but theres absolutely zero chance for it to get in the game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We would've all forgotten about it by now. Not releasing it means we're all still talking about it.

People still remember Hiroshima for example... that don't mean it's good
Leipzig Games Convention 2008 and VW Scirocco

LFS was used by Turtle Entertainment and Volkswagen to showcase the new Scirocco in Leipzig Games Convention in 2008. A competition using LFS was held and the prize was a real Scirocco car. The Scirocco release for Live For Speed had been scheduled for December 19, 2008, however it has been delayed indefinitely due to unexpected bugs in the latest patch and with the Scirocco itself, forcing the LFS team to remake the suspension system.

S1 released 2003-7-13.
S2 Alpha released 2005-6-25.
S2 unknown.
S3 unknown.
The Scirocco release for Live For Speed had been scheduled for December 19, 2008
however it has been delayed indefinitely due to unexpected bugs in the latest patch and with the Scirocco itself, forcing the LFS team to remake the suspension system.

... Never promised but its true that its alot late.
Not really true. I work in telecomunication business and when I say something to my customer`s I scheduled something its mean its final, its a promise.

You can be sure how high they would jump and ring my boss straight away if I would change it.

Its about you should make big decision before you communicate anything to your customers. No matter telecomunication or gaming business .
Quote from Drift_anton :snip

Read OP again(+ further posts if you don't get it immediately, since it's not very clear, I have to say).

This thread is about whether the new Scirocco is going to be included into LFS instead of the "old" version as announced a while ago. It isn't about whether "planned=promised" or whether something at all is going to come. This kind of convo is getting a tad old, so much early 2009 you know
#38 - Be2K
Scawen visits the LFS Forum regularly as one can see by means of his Posts. Yet if he writes something then it acts more around general things. For that these whole ones are forums diskussions in vain, attention is simply not paid to one. I am visiting the Forum only still every second day in that and hopes on one releases otherwise I'm more inactive or passive in LFS
Quote from Mango Juice :If I get one wish it would be to make sure Volkswagen never made the damn Scirocco, then we might get some updates around here...

Scirocco is the BOMB!
The old model anyway. The new one looks like they took a VW Golf and pushed it into a swarm of bees to get stung by them and swell up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG