The online racing simulator
Stupid little random pass gen
(52 posts, started )
Sooo, hello... I don't really know how to start this thread, because there's only one thing to say, and I didn't want to start drifting around the point, but there I am, doing exactly that. Anyway..

I made a small app, just to entertain myself, and to practice my skills on something a bit unusual.

There's the link: http://lmutafov.com/projects/passgen/

What is it?
Quote from The site :PassGen is an application, that creates a password from a random sequence of 2 to 5 words. The words are submitted by you, or any other person.

I decided to name it PassGen, because I am that smart, and this is such a unique name. Accepting suggestions for a name, anyone? Or I could just make it generate one itself.

The captcha pops up on every 10 successfully submitted words.

The database was just reset. The choice of what's going to be in it is up to you. Of course - random stuff like "asd", and the likes will be deleted. Offensive stuff will also be deleted.

And some useless information, in case you care:
How did I come up with such a stupid idea? - It happened at work, when I had reached the point when 95% of the work was multiplying (copy/paste/delete stuff (I was making the admin sys for a site)), so you can tell how boring that was. And then, it just struck me - make a pass generator. It's gonna be something really fast, and it's going to be entertaining, and this boredom would go away, eventually. I had watched The Social Network the night before, so I had an idea about how the "design" was going to be too. If you've watched the movie, you'll see how similar it is to FACEMASH . I did it, it took 20mins to make the basic functionality, and boredom was defeated too. After that, it took me a few more days to implement some stuff, before it's ready to go public. And there it is - the result from total boredom.

Well, that's it. Have fun.. or.. something.

[E] And uh, yeah, I just noticed the overflow. Sorry about that.
#2 - filur
Picking a password by combining dictionary words isn't really optimal. I guess you could add a bunch of "random" words but then why not just use a completely random generator.
It's still better than having a password identical to your username. If you try a bit harder, you can find something funny, that you can actually remember. And it won't be too long. Or too random, as a really strong password would be. Yes, the passwords generated from it aren't really safe, but at least you won't need to go to your email, or whatever to copy it.
I only put one S14 one, saying that "S14 Drift owns you" and yet there are about 6 that mention me.

The list is still too small, yes. ;d

And a quick change: You can now add 300 words per captcha. If any bots get to it, I will put it back to 10 again.
#6 - amp88
I put in "random number generation is too important to be left to chance" expecting your application to break the words up on spaces. But it didn't. You might want to remove that. Sorry.
Yeah... That's a good idea. Thanks!
I suggest:

<?php 
$words 
trim($input' '); // trim leading and trailing spaces
$words preg_replace('/[^A-Z\xC0-\xFF]+/iu'' '$words); // replace non-alphabetical characters (leave Roman/Latin + diacritics)
$words explode($words);
$words array_unique($words);
?>

or as compact one-liner:

<?php 
$words 
array_unique(explode(' 'preg_replace('/[^A-Z\xC0-\xFF]+/iu'' 'trim($input' '))));
?>

Haha, epic words there: banjogravity, flamebelow, syntaxdoor
Quote from morpha :I suggest:
[+ code]

Why leave all those other symbols? I'm leaving only a-z and 0-9. And lowering everything before that.

And by the way: Uploading the changes in a minute. ^_^

[E] Changes uploaded. And, morpha, thanks for suggesting array_unique. I had forgotten about it.
Limitation added: You can't submit more than 15 words at once("at once", meaning per form submission). It will just get the first 15.
I tried to add a new word but apperently ****, Cocksmack and Analrape are already added. what a dirty mind you have.
#12 - PoVo
Nice one. Good website for a few late night giggles
some funny ones came up.
i liked snailrabbit >_>

/edit... boobwater is a nice word too
On first try:

Generated password: iracingstupid

HAHAHAHAHa
#15 - PoVo
Quote from Ales_M :On first try:

Generated password: iracingstupid

HAHAHAHAHa

Win!

Edit: "Generated password: radiatorsimulator" freeeee heat!
Before I added a word:
Generated password: wheelchairthats

After:
Generated password: thevacuum

Pretty humorous I must say.
Generated password: fuuuuuuuuuuucollected
LOL

homozygouseighteen and computerboob

WTF hahaha
Quote from FPVaaron :I tried to add a new word but apperently ****, [**] and [**] are already added. what a dirty mind you have.

Not really, those words never existed. Maybe you didn't enter the captcha code? It says that the word already exists if you don't. I will have to fix that.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Generated password: fuuuuuuuuuuucollected

Sorry, but I had to ban most of your words.

@Everyone: Thanks for having fun with it. It's cool to see people are having fun with it, haha.

And a little request: If you are going to enter words, please make sure you enter them separately (either by submitting them one by one, or dividing them with spaces). Multiple words at once make the generator loseitsuniqueness a bit.
LOOOOOL.. wtf? ericsexy and boattrain
haha
scawenbest
possiblyupdates
womenericsuperchargerseat
scaviergraphics
apparentlypassword
jewcable
fromstoolmachine
gaugecats
banjomaster
possiblyturbocharger
--spameverythingrainbowtoo

(imho "lfs", "vws" and "takumi" ruined it because its now useless for everyone else - takumilfssolid )

sickcompressorjew, jewbull, ericismonkeypatriot
eardisplay :biggrinfl
Quote from broken :Not really, those words never existed. Maybe you didn't enter the captcha code? It says that the word already exists if you don't. I will have to fix that.

Sorry, but I had to ban most of your words.

@Everyone: Thanks for having fun with it. It's cool to see people are having fun with it, haha.

And a little request: If you are going to enter words, please make sure you enter them separately (either by submitting them one by one, or dividing them with spaces). Multiple words at once make the generator loseitsuniqueness a bit.

still havent removed jew though :P
hellointercooler
bananadriving
snailfool
carhornyphone
somewhatmuch
mudloljk
woolthrownsomewherebest
misplacedog
XD

EDIT: loljkericbookshelf made me laugh
Hey if you think about it, no one will be able to guess these passwords.

(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG