The online racing simulator
Display model of LFS cars
(20 posts, started )
#1 - P1lot
Who would be willing to buy an actual model of your favourite LFS car for display?

I came across this company that offer a 3D printing service from uploaded 3D models (don't know the costs)
http://www.sculpteo.com/
They even have a system set up for paying royalties to copyright holders. If left plain white, it could be painted as you want (team colours etc.)

I’m sure the talented modellers here could prepare the files into an acceptable format. If the devs would be interested in setting up a ‘shop’ there (not including the real-world cars, obviously), it would be a nice complement to the LFS shop for clothing/accessories.
I'd buy 1:18s of everything except the RB4!

E: Ouch, not at those costs!
A plain Mazda 626 20x6x8 (cm) model comes up at over €260. Colour €360!
Might have done something wrong?!
http://www.sculpteo.com/en/gal ... er/30671#uuid=1ty8YZsWWIt

€: 1/43 626 is €90+ without shipping.
This system would be a cost effective way of creating the "patterns" but not for reproduction.
The cheapest and easiest would be solid casts in terms of producing production moulds.
I do this sort of thing for a living, (website under construction)
if there is interest in it i would be happy to do alot of the work at cost.
Quote from P1lot :Who would be willing to buy an actual model of your favourite LFS car for display?

I would, but costs displayed look slightly excessive for me.
#5 - PoVo
Those costs mainly reflect the fact that they are all made individually by a 3d printer.
You only need one pattern to reproduce them at a fraction of the cost. Mould and pattern costs are spread over however many cast there will be. If there was a order for 100+ of each pattern i would expect the retail price to be no more than £20.
Quote from patrese :Those costs mainly reflect the fact that they are all made individually by a 3d printer.
You only need one pattern to reproduce them at a fraction of the cost. Mould and pattern costs are spread over however many cast there will be. If there was a order for 100+ of each pattern i would expect the retail price to be no more than £20.

yes, you are right. maybe someone should give our Lfs-Shop a hint.

It would be nice, if we could buy our favourite Lfs-Car as a model in the shop.
That is a really cool service. Bit costly, but still really cool.
I love my ufr. Now i think of it, were did i leave it

#10 - Zay
Id buy one! Not for that price though, but its still really cool.
#11 - senn
Didn't someone make a model XRR....i'm fairly sure there was pics of it around..
I'd fancy a 1/32 scale model, then bolt in on one of my Scalextrix cars, set up a track in my living room, and have a little race
Senn, if I remember correctly, it was a renderd in 3ds max.
#14 - senn
knew i'd find it if i trawled the forums enough.

Yeha this is the one i was thinking of. looks pretty damn real to me, but i don't have my glasses on. On second thought it's too sharp to be in that blurry photo

And the thread i found it in

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40693
Lovely::lovies3d:
Not bad PS in #14, but it needs blurring and lighting fixed. The biggest give-away is the absence of the shadow at the front.
Quote from patrese :This system would be a cost effective way of creating the "patterns" but not for reproduction.
The cheapest and easiest would be solid casts in terms of producing production moulds.
I do this sort of thing for a living, (website under construction)
if there is interest in it i would be happy to do alot of the work at cost.

Quote from patrese :Those costs mainly reflect the fact that they are all made individually by a 3d printer.

Patrese, are you still in this business ?
Have you some more info on the subject ?
Maybe some photos of similar jobs ? Just to have an idea about the posibile finished quality.
Quote from senn :
[/url]

It's a fake : The XRR haven't got any shadow & her resolution is not the same that the rest of the photo...
Of course it's fake, nobody said otherwise . It's besides the point of this thread anyways

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG