The online racing simulator
The Adventure!!
(68 posts, started )
#51 - SamH
Congratulations, Tim, on an exceptional achievement! You have a whole lot to be proud of!

I've intersected a few points along the Trail (Hawk Mountain and a few spots in NH and Maine) and while you have my deepest respect, I take a hearty amount of deep-seated envy
Congratulations Tim! That was flipping amazing!
I wanna do it again.

: (
I think you should go for it. I'm reading this for the second time now and all im thinking is WOW.

I recently hiked 6 hours to the top of Jamaica in the night (solid uphill) and I thought I had done a great deal, ......till you bumped this thread

Do it again buddy!
Wow, what an incredible adventure. Can't believe I missed this the first time round!

Also... **** me. Bears, spiders and snakes. I'll stick to walking in Essex, cheers
Quote from jrd.racer :Do it again buddy!

Maybe someday, but first, I need to pay off these student loans. Maybe I will do it a year after that happens to really consider what else I want from life. Because at that point, if everything goes to plan, I'd finally be debt free - until I buy a house, but that can wait, or can it?

I'll definitely hike around, waiting for another chance to do an epic adventure again, but all I can say for now is: "I wanna do it again." Life was simpler, and actually more healthy for me in many ways.
This thread is so not for lazy people, I even hate stairs we have in our school damnit

Weird that I missed this thread before, but congrats better late than never
My new life goal: Read OP's post in one season. I might have to set up camp behind my PC and stack some supplies to make it through, but I think I can do it.
Makes the measly 120 mile hike I did a few months back look pathetic . I wish we had longer trails here in the UK. Sadly we only have the south costal path (620miles) and thats a mix of 4 different coastal paths.

good stuff :up: It's all about Hammock and tarps though
Quote from (SaM) :stack some supplies to make it through

I always find cookies especially useful. And tasty. Yet distracting.
I climbed one mountain in the Alps last summer. That was pretty tough. All we had for supplies was a baguette and some ham, some disgusting water and a bottle of Desperados each. Climbing like that with no preparation or supplies is not recommended. But we did it.

A friend of mine attempted the Lands End to John O'Groats walk (Bottom left to top right of the UK) last year but didn't last long as he hadn't prepared properly. Preparation is key!

Your adventure still tops anything I've seen!
Well worth a bump.
That brings back memories. Glad some people are still reading this, I had thought it was long dead and only living on in my memories.
I'm still jealous.

Great thread tbh.
haha no it can't be totally dead. every time I hear a mention of the Appalachian trail I think of this write-up of your adventure. For some reason it has just stuck with me.

EDIT: now I'm reading sections of it all over again.

That deer screeching noise... I had nearly that same thing happen to me once. It freaked my girlfriend and I out something awful when we were walking in the park after dark. It's an ungodly screech from hell, I was sure it was something that was likely to kill me. Some large shape, vaguely tan colored made a quick movement. First thought: oh fudge! a cougar, I'm in a fight for my life. I braced for impact and took a step in front of my girlfriend, realized it was a deer after a few seconds, turned around and realized she had run like 30 yards the other way... thanks, leave me to fight some terrifying primal creature all on my own.. grumble grumble...
Never saw this topic until now, but read the whole first post.

Thanks for sharing, it just sounds fantastic
I know, bumping an old thread. But some of you have been very interested so I decided I would post the point of interest writeups I did for my scrapbook project. 6 months to walk 2200 miles, over 2 years to finish the scrapbook...

This probably is not as nice as it would be with the pictures; and it is not ordered in anyway. It may not make much sense to people besides me. Perhaps the writeup in the first post was a better summary of the trip - but I post this on the chance that someone might enjoy it.

http://www.timbeaudet.com/goodies/at2009/at09_scraps.pdf

The Adventure!!
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG