The online racing simulator
I believe what they are on about is this.

You do 10-20 laps with plenty of fuel, rape your tyres, get them thin (same as doing a long stint), then set a time. It is much quicker when your tyres are thin.

Is this cheating? Well we had a long discussion about this for the LFS hotlap league and the consensus was that it is not cheating, as you could do the same by just doing a super long stint and you are not using anything outside LFS.

Is it ethical? NO.
Quote from imamura72 :If you do not like LFS back to play at nkp. Nobody will miss you

Wrong mate, people would miss him, unlike you
Quote from imamura72 :If you do not like LFS back to play at nkp. Nobody will miss you

If I did not like LFS I would not be here writing my concerns about world records, but probably this is too difficult to understand for you.

@Jason, thank u mate.
Quote from michele0676 :The Limit is really to high ... take a look to some FBM wr for example in WE1 ...

I hope that an "hotlap" is an "hotlap".

Do u know superpole or similar ?
During a superpole a driver can do 24 laps and then u can choose your best lap ... or u can do ONLY ONE lap ?
This is the absurd.

It's an hotlap system ... not a RACE-HOTLAP ...

About burning tyres ... after a high number al lap a tyres has a minor "brake rolling" with the same performance in corner ... so that is the bug.

The WR FBM Daniel1992 WE1 was done with more 'laps, I did after I did the same method is so wr, wr then was done by Vanilla doing 25 laps and I have taken up doing 28 laps wr is true it should be'more 'fast, but gets lost in Greep cornering.
What WR will not be 'easy to beat because' we must also know how to drive in those conditions.
It is not bug
I do not think this is a problem, I mean if you take that much time to get your tires to optimum condition, it only shows dedication from the driver...not that he is a cheater...and I do not think that it is unethical either...I also think that one lap HL is too little, to be fair 3 to 5 would be better.

I think things like shift macro are much worse, I mean to be really fair we would need two kinds of wr's, arcade and sim...where is the point for a sim driver with wheel and pedals to compare himself with mouse, kb or any other tricks which doesn't fit reality?

There are also many physic flows which can be exploited in the setup, I am always puzzled how some sets can be so stable and balanced with very unrealistic settings (I would have been ashamed to show my last GTAL set for FE4R to a mechanic engineer, he would have had a good laugh ...I think I was punished in the race for it lol)...but of course we all hope that the new physics will not give that much room in S3.
Quote from Framaris :I would have been ashamed to show my last GTAL set for FE4R to a mechanic engineer, he would have had a good laugh ...I think I was punished in the race for it lol

LOL u're a cheater !!!
So as far as I aware all this is about th so1 uf1 wr, since that was the first post where the trick has been used. If doing 12 laps in a uf1 gives you thin tyres then I use this trick. If doing an outlap sliding around to get heat into your tyres is this trick, then ibuse this trick. Now naselli, you have done like 6 laps on a hl so you use this trick aswell... :P

Bu anyway, if you think doing over 10 lap in a uf1 on a track that is just over 1min long give you thin tyres you are completely mistaken
Quote from michele0676 :LOL u're a cheater !!!

You see I am honest, but I would not call it cheating, in lfs it is called tuning the car ....and believe me luck had a lot to do with it!
Yes Kart, of course.
But something is strange because, for example, SPR size is limited so u can't do 50 laps because after LFSW will'not accept your SPR file.

So where's the correct measure for this ?

In a track like KY1 i can do 50 laps and upload a valid SPR.
In AS6 i can do only 20 laps because the track is very long.

So in my honest opinion Scawen when decided to improve the Hotlap System did not correctly assess all the parameters.

But with new tyre phisic all the WR will be lost so i hope that Victor will use a different HL system, more realistic.
So why are some of these wr sprs not playing on Z28?

Am I the only one gets OOS with Kart-36's replays?

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :So why are some of these wr sprs not playing on Z28?

Am I the only one gets OOS with Kart-36's replays?

SD.

Hmm :/ I'll post the replay on the fo later on amended if that works
Some my friend has the same problem, in my PC it works fine.

Send an email to Technical support.
Quote from michele0676 :Some my friend has the same problem, in my PC it works fine.

Send an email to Technical support.

When people run mods its the same works on their "modded" version of LFS on their PC but not on others who have just the standard LFS.

It's not just your SPRs Kart its some others too.

SD.
The best method to warm tyres.
Attached images
lfs_00000043.jpg
Litro: the electric blankets are a tad better. Not as fast, but more gentle. But good point!

michele0676: warming up tires before timed lap is part of race drivers job. Of course if hot laps will be limited to 2-3 laps, it's up to LFS player to warm them up within such limit. But right now the rules are crystal clear, you can use 20+ laps as long as spr is small enough, so those WRs are valid.
(here at one kart lending place, they have more powerful karts for people who drive certain time limit on the slower one ... one ride is 10min. If you buy two rides, and ask mechanics to let you drive 20min on the same karts without pause, you usually get another 0.5s-1s down from best lap, yet they accept such lap time for license for faster karts as valid .. actually many people here use it, when they are close to the limit and they miss just couple of tenths)
lol if they limit you to 2-3 hotlaps, you can still wear them down by going the other way around the track so the laps wont count
Quote from aroX123 :lol if they limit you to 2-3 hotlaps, you can still wear them down by going the other way around the track so the laps wont count

Wrong way = spectate

Done.
Quote from 91mason91 :Just drift like an Arab on the outlap.

Fine by me.

Having to start in the pits, having one outlap, and then one "hotlap" is all that should be there. I never liked the idea of having more laps.
Wow, yes!
Lol you guys say it like im cheating :P
Watch the replay and you will see what this guys is talking about, which is my outlap where i slide around producing heat. This is no 'bug' its just the same as a F1 car having the tyre heaters, only i have to do it manually
I'm pretty sure that in a UF1, it is very slightly faster to do say a 20 lap run than to do 3-4 laps then shift p and do it again(0.0x). I wouldn't really say its cheating though, any of the laps he did could have been wr laps, so why shift p and have to tyre heat again or maybe... Joe your always getting into trouble for your hotlaps, maybe you are a dirty cheater afterall

but really the thread is just a retaliation to the fact he did a lap which they cant beat, I think.
Joe, let the people talking about you and go take some WR more

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG