The online racing simulator
Whos using TripleHead2GO and TrackIR
(16 posts, started )
As title suggests.

I'm interested in 3xscreens, but I haave a feeling there's issues with using them for every day PC work????

Comments please and no talk trash.LOL
I've been using dual screen for every day work for the last 6 months or so, and I couldn't go back to single screen now. I haven't tried triple (yet ) but I'd say it'd be even better. As for gaming though, I haven't tried it properly. Triple screen is best for that
I did. But I found it rather useless.
Why Bose321 ???

BTW, I'm not here to make people sad I started out asking a simple question and got jumped because I listed my gaming rig.

Anyway, is it worth 3x or should I go for 30in Apple/Dell ??
#5 - Jakg
For Windows use, Triple Screens FTW - However it's nice to be able to hit maximise a program to each specific monitor (which you can do using Windows), but i'm not sure if you can with TH2Go as it feels windows into thinking you have 1 huge monitor...
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
I don't know if you can maximize to each monitor with TH2G because I use softTH for triplehead. It doesn't make LFS any easier except maybe the street tracks since you can anticipate the tight turns much better (same in Grid). Triplehead does however make gaming much more emmersive.

In Windows you can have many independant monitors that allow maximizing to screen and I even found a screen splitter app (Splitview) that maximizes to left or right of each monitor, allowing six possible partitions of triplehead. Also new nvidia drivers have "rotation settings" for each monitor so you set any monitor to portrait or landscape view easily by right clicking their system tray icon and going into each monitors pull down menu to the rotation settings. I reccomend a vesa mount that allows rotation for at least one of the monitors. I got some deskmounts which freed up desk space and made adjusting the monitors relative positions much easier.
Quote from Jakg :I'm not sure if you can with TH2Go as it feels windows into thinking you have 1 huge monitor...

TH2G comes with a utility that allows maximised programs to be snaped to a specific monitor. Most programs handle it well but a few do funny things the first time you fire them up but once they have saved default layouts there fine (Photoshop CS for example)

The TH2G might seem like an expensive option but to get the same sort of frame rates I get with a TH2G on softTH I'd have to spend at least the same amount if not more than the cost of a TH2G.

Three screen with high frame rate is good I do find it a lot different, it enables me to drive in a much more natural way. I.e. with a single screen you are always compromising something, either sense of speed or precision (view distorting) with tripple screens you can retain good perception as well as have good visual sense of speed.
Quote from Jakg :For Windows use, Triple Screens FTW - However it's nice to be able to hit maximise a program to each specific monitor (which you can do using Windows), but i'm not sure if you can with TH2Go as it feels windows into thinking you have 1 huge monitor...

UltraMon will let you do that with the TH2G.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp

I use three 22" screens (using SoftTH) and also have TrackIR. I don't use the TrackIR with driving games though as I find it very hard to accurately judge which direction the car is moving (ie, whether it's sliding). It's AMAZING with flightsims though.
SoftTH user - 2 1024 x 768 running LFS @ 2048 x 768 ; third monitor is rendered, but isn't connected ofc.
softth here 3x 19" squares, i use it for LFS & iRacing. It does make it more immersive but you will take a hit on FPS.
Quote from Jakg :For Windows use, Triple Screens FTW - However it's nice to be able to hit maximise a program to each specific monitor (which you can do using Windows), but i'm not sure if you can with TH2Go as it feels windows into thinking you have 1 huge monitor...

Does anyone know this? I'm looking into getting TH2G as SoftTH is too slow for iRacing where it needs to copy the memory. But I am extremely attached to triple monitors with the ability to maximize on each screen, and would be quite upset if I paid $300 and could no longer do so.

I've been (and still am) in the process of looking around here - but is there a good review on TH2G, pros and cons?
youre much better off investing those 250€ (jeez) for a th2g thing that wont allow triple fullhd resolutions into a modern (near or with bios modding exactly) top of the line eyefinity card (or if you already own a 200series or newer nvidia buying a second one) and plugging 3 monitors into it
not only will you be able to swtich between windows having 1 main screen and 2 extrended ones youll also have bezel correction and al those other nice features (and youll have a pretty damn fast card too)
Okay, there are _many_ issues with the idea of just upgrading the video card. I have looked into all options, and will list them here if I need. But put simply I am hoping someone has direct, first hand experience with it. I agree it's completely expensive. But if it allowed me to continue using triple monitors while racing, and using my PC as I do now - then it'd be worth it as the "last resort".

To answer your question though, I'm on XP. Beside that I'm not a fan of AMD/ATI cards/drivers. Although I have put serious consideration, and almost purchased a 6950. In the end, my research has shown me that eyefinity does not work with XP. And I am not upgrading to Windows 7 on my current machine, as I already feel suffocated by XP (as far as memory goes). I only have 2gb, and can't (and also don't want to) get anymore as my PSU wouldn't handle it. Long story short, my system is ending it's termination date and I don't want to upgrade unless the upgrades move on.

I didn't explain that well, so just trust me when I say TH2G is (I believe) my last resort to iRacing in triple monitor.
uhm i dont think ive ever read that many misconceptions in one post
1) ati drivers work just fine
2) ram doesnt consume any noteworthy amount of power
3) 2gb is more than enough for 7
ati drivers work just fine
Possibly. But not in _my_ personal experiences. In anycase, I'd pick nvidia anyday, even with slight cost vs performance.

ram doesnt consume any noteworthy amount of power
Possibly, but when my rails are already under desired voltage, and my DVD already disconnected, and occasional bootup issues depending on USB devices, I won't risk anything without taking more pieces out.

2gb is more than enough for 7

Depends on usage and practice. I don't find 2gb enough for XP with my computing habits.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Does anyone know this? I'm looking into getting TH2G as SoftTH is too slow for iRacing where it needs to copy the memory. But I am extremely attached to triple monitors with the ability to maximize on each screen, and would be quite upset if I paid $300 and could no longer do so.

Yes, you can. The Matrox software takes care of this. The occational program may not respond to that, but that's a rare exception.

Quote from blackbird04217 :I've been (and still am) in the process of looking around here - but is there a good review on TH2G, pros and cons?

I don't have a review as such, but I can not go back to single screen for racing again.

Also, it's absolutely no issue doing single screen for desktop and triple for gaming or work. You have hotkeys to switch between setups, and it's hassle-free to do so. If you have single screen for desktop and start a game that you have set triple screen, the side monitors will come on and stuff just works. It's great!

I use 3x 24" widescreen monitors. I would recommend getting 16:10 monitors, the max resolution is 5040x1050, which is better suited for 16:10 monitors.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG