The online racing simulator
i think its because they still suffer from post traumatic starvation before being fed cake

..i think that was before our time though lol
If I could try those things like TOP GEAR, out over here, I'd be the first to enter!

+ would be cool in LFS too, hehe.
Quote from XCNuse :i think its because they still suffer from post traumatic starvation before being fed cake

..i think that was before our time though lol

And they said "let them eat cake", so I did

The great thing about the BBC, they have so much money they can spend it on trashing cars. Which makes awesome TV.
btw I have this covered. Just look at this ladies and gents (mostly gents but hey)
I did this before the world cup started. Had 1 proper match, the second ended in all the players leaving in half time and was called off, so I scrapped the idea all together.
I can however bring it back if popular demand, which it has, comes.
I could set NUTTYS WORLD CUP FOOTIE server, like it was when I played before) every saturday night at 8 till 10 BST huh.
Whattdya think
Attached images
LFS_1.jpg
LFS_2.jpg
LFS_3.jpg
LFS_4.jpg
I sent an e-mail to top gear, asking for the dimensions of the ball...
one problem with your autocross nuttyboy; what if the ball goes over the wall?

cant get it lol
great that scawen finally admits to seriously considering the idea

Quote from XCNuse :one problem with your autocross nuttyboy; what if the ball goes over the wall?

cant get it lol

for a proper game we probably need some referee abilities ... and with scawens work on b&w i can already see how moving the ball could be done
Nutty! Bring that server online now!
^ Agreed, do it! :P

That field looks good, except for the fact that it's too big imo, well maybe with 10 cars it could work...
and here's an MPR of the game in action, showing how you overcome certain things like the ball going out

http://www.fujiwaratofu.co.nr/replay/PRvsFMR%20Soccer.mpr

there may be the odd bit of dodgy language in the game so if you're sensitive towards that type of thing be wary.
hope this gives you some ideas scawen. i guess you'd have to deal with the ball going out of bounds.. how to bring it back.. or how to make it respawn back to the center after a goal etc. unless the ball can somehow be commanded by a player, kind of like what i did with the UF1, however not driven as such
by the way UF1 is a much better ball than the MRT. you give it tons of positive camber, stiff bouncy suspension and the nominated ball driver leaves his handbrake on and steering straight. as for player cars, anything big enough works but RB4 is a pretty good choice. anything faster gets too fast and out of control, players get heavy damage from high speed ramming.

something slower like GTI's might work great also, never tried. 3 per side is also plenty.
Sorry I couldn't bring the server online when people asked, I was asleep but it will be online at 4 BST today so everyone head over to NUTTYS CAR FOOTIE server at 4 BST for a game of car football.
+1 Maybe the guys at Top Gear would pay some attention to lfs then, and make some advertisment for lfs
And i will try to be there today.
OK, i've decided i'll put the server up now so anybody who wants to play can play half an hour earlier than planned. I'll only keep it open till half 4 BST though so if there's not alot of people it will be closed. If there is i'll keep it open until 6.
Hey Nutty, thanks for hosting the server, although initially there was some problem's i.e teams and actually getting people to listen lol. But altogether i think there is alot of eager people wanting to play this.

Would be good to get this fully implemented if possible. Maybe a script or something? But now that's going in the opposite direction of what LFS is intended for. So i guess it's a grey area.

Good game though guys. Can't wait to play again

P.S could also do with a dedicated server hosting this, can see it being VERY popular
#45 - Tomi
Quote from DanTheDon :
P.S could also do with a dedicated server hosting this, can see it being VERY popular

you still need a player to do the ball.
Quote from Tomi :you still need a player to do the ball.

A dedicated ball server too.
Somebody else had to make a server, because the first one was laggy, but it was a very good piece of fun The ball wasn't really a problem, when we played often there was more then one people who wanted to be the ball So please somebody make a dedicated server for this. And thanks nutty boy, nice job.
ive tried to set up a 5 a side league before, but there wasnt enough vocal intrest.

it would be great to have a tournament, or even a legue. play offs, free kicks, a ref etc. have subs too.
Quote from v4forlife :ive tried to set up a 5 a side league before, but there wasnt enough vocal intrest.

it would be great to have a tournament, or even a legue. play offs, free kicks, a ref etc. have subs too.

That would be a great idea. OSR might enter if we get a 5 members that want to drive.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG