The online racing simulator
Err, so yeah be careful
(153 posts, started )
We drunk it all.
Quote from 5haz :We drank it all.

I sent the verification form, but they didn't believe me.
Quote from shaunthepup463 :

I sent the verification form, but they didn't believe me.

Well, that's that. You've lost that account. Just tell the people you know that the email address is no longer owned by you, and change the email address to everything you're signed up for.
Which includes LFS, and I've had no reply -_-. I won't give up yet, I have much more proof etc. now.

EDIT: It seems that there is a new backup email to send info too. If any of you could help, try seeing if these parts of email accounts match anyone in your contact list, who it might be:

lo*****@hotmail.com
ha*****@gmail.com

EDIT 2: No security question there anymore.
More:

Quote :http://img407.imageshack.us/i/hidaddy.jpg/

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you aint gettin diz bk.

also for fone sex call 07895012983

als000 ask victor to chek the ip dats online connected to da master server wit ur nub acount l0ol

Umadh0e?

wubwubwubcyberghostpremiumwubwubwub

LMAO.

Still same IP.
PM me I.P. please . I'm almost certain who it is now lol.
Why are you all getting hung up with the IP about? I work in IT Networking/Security (not saying that I'm any good at it ahem) and frankly the IP address is probably one of the pieces of information I don't care other people knowing.
IDK, it is just sometimes not a good idea to post it etc. I know he is reading this anyway.
If you bothered reading the last line, he's using Cyberghost. It will be their IP.
He wasn't hidden before it would seem - Virgin Media in Bromsgrove? I don't know about Cyberghost TBH though.
Quote from shaunthepup463 :IDK, it is just sometimes not a good idea to post it etc. I know he is reading this anyway.

The only reason it would be a bad idea is if you have no security at all (even computers without firewalls which connect in a PC>Router>Internet fashion are in effect untouchable due to NAT) and if you have no security at all, you deserve to have your PC hijacked.

Even so it's not just a case of having someone's IP address, they would still likely have to have access to that local machine (so would need a username/password) or at least some form of backdoor...as I found out trying to hack into my old bosses PC (he knew what I was doing btw and he said I got further he would have expected me to!).

Even computers with only basic anti virus/anti spyware/anti malware software installed would go haywire at the first scent of any freely availible "kiddy script" programs, and the sort of people who have the software that isn't detected don't "spek liek dizzzzzzz lololololo plizzzzzzzzz". They are very intelligent, more so than most people give them credit for!

I haven't read this whole thread but from reading J@kto's OP, I have to say that this whole hoo-har could have been prevented by proper password security. I'm not saying that you deserved or asked for it, no no no...but what you've done is made yourself an easy target, like a limping dog, you just have to kick it. I'm joking, I love dogs...I actually do D:

n
I still can't quite beleive someone amongst us is hacking people in the community and that noone seems to be helping them, with all the computer boffins in here i thought he'd have been caught by now. This place just gets worse.
Sarcasm there Pearcy?
No actually, all everyone seems to be doing is pointing out how shit their password security was, yeah no shit sherlock.

It's just a shame as there is some really good people around here and i know from the other forums i go on that it shouldn't be like this. For me the forum has just hit rock bottom, along with the game. Theres nothing left to stick around for tbh.
Well, I suppose you are right but I'm not sure on a few things, is there still someone's account missing? Everyone who seemed to be affected has their account back. It's not something we can really do as it's their passwords that need to be reset and their secret answers.

This isn't support, it's disaster recovery and tbh it's harder to find someone's physical location than the online IP tracing tools would suggest, most either point back to a main server (for example tracing my IP leads you to an exchange 3 miles from where I live) and even if we were to find this guy, what do you suggest? Torture the bastard until he repents for his sins? I have seen some 24 in my day but I have no urge to shout/spit/dribble in some guys face till he cries
Quote from shaunthepup463 :Which includes LFS, and I've had no reply -_-. I won't give up yet, I have much more proof etc. now.

EDIT: It seems that there is a new backup email to send info too. If any of you could help, try seeing if these parts of email accounts match anyone in your contact list, who it might be:

lo*****@hotmail.com
ha*****@gmail.com

EDIT 2: No security question there anymore.

Each time you get a new piece of information that would help prove your identity send another request to hotmail. But by this point, it doesnt seem likely u'll get anything back. This is the main problem with services that don't have phone support. It takes a lot longer and sometimes it's harder for the service to verify identity. I'm very sorry, but at this point it's safe to assume that you've completely lost the account now. I sent gmail two verification notices and they both rejected it. I was ready to kiss my gmail and youtube account goodbye until Jake had the amazing good will to let me know who did it and got the changed passwords for me.

My hotmail verification was still pending but it wasn't highly likely that I was going to get that back as well. I got all my hotmail/gmail/youtube accounts back by sheer luck (and thanks to jake). Everything else was a slow process through phone support and emails. If the service don't have a phone support? Keep emailing them (dont spam them, but be persistent). I mean the only other thing you can possibly do is ask your account back from jordan or brt... i know that might be unfair. But if you really need those accounts back it's an opinion to think about.

If not, then I would suggest that you move on: create another email with a better measure for security. At this point that's all you can do. I've completely dumped all my old pariahserpent email/accounts and created new ones with far improved security.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No actually, all everyone seems to be doing is pointing out how shit their password security was, yeah no shit sherlock.

It's just a shame as there is some really good people around here and i know from the other forums i go on that it shouldn't be like this. For me the forum has just hit rock bottom, along with the game. Theres nothing left to stick around for tbh.

tbh I'm not sure what anybody could do. If i could do more to help him get his account back I would. But, short of someone actually hacking windows live (and I dont know anybody with that ability here) there's nothing we could do (beyond ostracizing brt and jordan that is)
Quote from lizardfolk :Each time you get a new piece of information that would help prove your identity send another request to hotmail. But by this point, it doesnt seem likely u'll get anything back. This is the main problem with services that don't have phone support. It takes a lot longer and sometimes it's harder for the service to verify identity. I'm very sorry, but at this point it's safe to assume that you've completely lost the account now. I sent gmail two verification notices and they both rejected it. I was ready to kiss my gmail and youtube account goodbye until Jake had the amazing good will to let me know who did it and got the changed passwords for me.

My hotmail verification was still pending but it wasn't highly likely that I was going to get that back as well. I got all my hotmail/gmail/youtube accounts back by sheer luck (and thanks to jake). Everything else was a slow process through phone support and emails. If the service don't have a phone support? Keep emailing them (dont spam them, but be persistent). I mean the only other thing you can possibly do is ask your account back from jordan or brt... i know that might be unfair. But if you really need those accounts back it's an opinion to think about.

If not, then I would suggest that you move on: create another email with a better measure for security. At this point that's all you can do. I've completely dumped all my old pariahserpent email/accounts and created new ones with far improved security.

tbh I'm not sure what anybody could do. If i could do more to help him get his account back I would. But, short of someone actually hacking windows live (and I dont know anybody with that ability here) there's nothing we could do (beyond ostracizing brt and jordan that is)

thnx for telling us you got a new msn....

"wubwubwub" is still using pariaseprent
Just sad that Brt and Jordan used to be on my team, but that's why they aren't on it anymore, for behavior issues
It's the password recovery issue - there is a bug with it, it would seem. We all know it's Jordan / Paul really, and admitting it over IMs to other people doesn't help them.
Another plea from me - please make sure the e-mail that's linked to your LFS account has a secure security question, it appears the hackers want as many accounts as they can get...
Quote from J@tko :Another plea from me - please make sure the e-mail that's linked to your LFS account has a secure security question, it appears the hackers want as many accounts as they can get...

or better yet, stop using hotmail, gmail, yahoo... or turn off the security questions and use a sane password if you plan on using facebook... can't hijack an email account that has no remote recovery functions outside of password brute-forcing. fwiw - my msn/hotmail and gmail aren't attached to any software i use on a regular basis.
Why do you need an email account linked to your lfs account anyway? All I get from it is emails telling me what I already know, i.e. PMs from people/unlock info/(lack of) progress reports. If you want to stop people gaining access to LFS via a hacked email account, surely the best solution is not to link the two?
Absolutely no-one would possibly know the secret question that I had - they found a bug, and exploited it. Also, them gaining access to LFS was my fault, since I changed the password as soon as they hacked the hotmail account.
Quote from shaunthepup463 :they found a bug, and exploited it

Yeah, cause random teens who were bored are smarter than Microsoft's security team[/sarcasm]
hackforums are full of how to "hack" Gmail, FB, Hotmail etc. Then the idiots who use it see themselves as "leet haxorz" even though all they did was read and followed simple instructions.

Err, so yeah be careful
(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG