The online racing simulator
Poker anyone?
(65 posts, started )
I play on fulltilt.
My summary of Poker:

It's 97.4% luck (draw of the cards), 2.1% skill (odds calculation and stragey) and 0.5% memory (history with players).

To utilise your advantage over less able players and profit from them, you must play huge volumes of hands otherwise variance will dictate your profit randomly.
That's some very accurate numbers, sure there isn't variance in them?
Yes, that is why you multitable and play 1000s of hands a day It's a lot more skill than 2% though.

A very reasonable amount of skill will allow you to beat the game at 5 bb/100, at the micro stakes equalling $5-10/hour.

Edit:
Badass call right now, luck is a part of this

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Full Tilt
SB ($4.95)
BB ($5)
Hero ($5.76)
UTG+1 ($6.34)
CO ($8.16)
BTN ($4.93)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade:

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.47, UTG+1 calls $0.47

FLOP ($1.88) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.90, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90

TURN ($3.68) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:diamond: 4:spade:

Hero bets $1.46, UTG+1 raises to $4.82 (AI), Hero calls $2.78 (AI)

RIVER ($12.16) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:diamond: 4:spade: 8:club:

Hero shows J:diamond: J:spade:
(Pre 68%, Flop 86.7%, Turn 93.2%)

UTG+1 shows Q J:club:
(Pre 32%, Flop 13.3%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero wins $11.35
those are both garbage hands, it would be smarter to have folded at the flop.
Quote from bunder9999 :those are both garbage hands, it would be smarter to have folded at the flop.

:feedtroll :rolleyes:
Epic Bump, however High pulse poker has FINALLY been launched after nearly 24 months of delay, ( i can think of something else like that )
And tonight after cashing in my beta winnings, i entered a tourney as a joke, and ended up cashing 258€ its a Really nice platform.

Give it a go ( http://highpulsepoker.com/cgi-bin/sc.pl?hpaffcode=jwardy ) YESSSS I know its an affiliate. but they pay really well
PKR is nice too, you can win 6 cents if you win on a 1 table freeroll
I played alot. But realized that to win (reliably) I would have to play in a way that a real job was alot more fun.

Live Poker with friends is fun but exhausing since I can not relax to play for fun I only play if I can play as good as I can (and also play too many mind games).

(for me) Live and Net game is similar, but there is mind games in live and therefore not boring to play with patience.
Watched another Lfs local tonight win a 5000gtd Tournament
Congrats to Snightlo + i came in 4th so i was happy
I like poker, but 2 of the websites i play on went down
Gabkicks, sign up to high pulse then :P via the link in my post on the 18th theres alot of freerolls + some of the players are quite... fishy. i avarege a payout most of the time in tournaments
won 1170 dollars after 4 tournaments

about 280 dollars per win
Quote from aroX123 :won 1170 dollars after 4 tournaments

about 280 dollars per win

I take it i will get my investment in you back with interest? :P
Poker? I hardly know 'er!
Play Texas hold'em quite alot with the family over the holidays I usualy finish top 5 out of about 16, but I hardly ever make it to final 2 (which get money back).

I'm better when there are more players to contend with for some reason

Poker anyone?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG