The online racing simulator
%&£*ing Berkshire Bodyshop
(34 posts, started )

Poll : What should I do?! (Options in the post below..)

GET MIFFED BUT STAY POLITE!
Stay happy.
Become very ANGRY
So I crashed my chavvy Corsa into a curb.

Well, not so much crashed but scraped the lowish nose on a highish curb at about 3mph in McDonalds carpark... more laughs I'm sure.

Anyway, this was about 3 weeks ago and had bodged it with very high quality fixing material. (B&Q Gaffa tape, actually did very well)

Anyway, I finally sold my 2nd bike and had a bit of money left over to fix it, so I took it to Berkshire Bodyshop in Newbury (after speaking to some friends they say it's OK) and asked them how much it would cost to mount it properly and fix a few other niggles...they said around £200 which seemed very reasonable.

I dropped it off yesterday morning and they said it would be ready to pick up "tomorrow afternoon" (which is today). I forgot to leave a mobile number or anything incase there were any problems so I rang them today on my lunch break and asked how they were getting on and if there were any issues, and how much I owed . They told me it was all done, no problems, and that it cost me £180. Woot.

I told them I finish work at 7 and since they close at 8 (or so I thought), if I was still OK to pick it up between 7:30 and 8. I was told "Yeah yeah mate no problem".

So skip forward a few hours and I left work at 7:15 as my cover was a little late to arrive. My Dad managed to get me from Basingstoke to Newbury in 20 minutes which was great, and I arrived at Berkshire Bodyshop to find them SHUT. It was 7:42PM :sadbanana

I rang their number and no answer, so I had basically wasted 20 minutes plus my Dad's time and petrol.

Apart from being angry, I'm wondering what to do next.
  1. Go in and be all friendly, say that them being closed is no problem and act all happy.
  2. Be a little miffed but polite, explain how I was told my vehicle was availible to pickup at the time agreed and that because of their cockup I was not able to take my girlfriend out (That last bit is made up), but accept their appology, perhaps gently poke them for a slight discount and leave happy eitherway.
  3. Get angry about how the fact my vehicle wasn't ready meant I was unable to go to work when an emergency call came in and try to get £30 or £40 off the total bill.
I find it strange asking for advice on how to deal with people when I speak to people as part of my job...but hey.
Read this thread tomorrow morning after a good sleep and you'll choose #2, which is the only really sensible course of action.

Let them know they're in the wrong, but don't give them the satisfaction of watching you hop about with rage, something they'll only laugh about afterwards.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Read this thread tomorrow morning after a good sleep and you'll choose #2, which is the only really sensible course of action.

Let them know they're in the wrong, but don't give them the satisfaction of watching you hop about with rage, something they'll only laugh about afterwards.

+1
You're angry ATM, but you'll chill out till morning. So, my vote goes for #2.
#4 - dadge
if you get angry with them, they will more than likely become more difficult. option 2 will get the best/most results. it could also help instil that bit of trust/belief which has been lost. it could be the difference in them getting your future custom.

also, let them know they were recommended to you under good authority from your friends. basically, make them feel like shit, but politely.
#5 - Seb66
Get ANGRY
#6 - dadge
do you mean get all upper case in their faces! lmao.
I believe that it is known in the trade as 'caps lock fury!'
#8 - dadge
just go into the garage tomorrow and advise them that the conversation you are about to have will be done in the style of a power ranger.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :that because of their cockup I was not able to take my girlfriend out (That last bit is made up)

Obviously, you drive a chav'd up Corsa, so you don't actually have a girlfriend and all the guys in the shop will laugh like a drain when you use that line.

Just stay calm, imply that you were annoyed to find, upon your arrival, that the shop was closed early and had wasted a trip. Never get angry, they laugh at you for it. Never be all happy about it either, or they know you are a mug and can bump your work all of the time.

I've worked customer service a lot, in many different roles and it is the same everywhere. You will be over backwards to help the polite chap who was unhappy with your work. But if they are a dick, you do nothing. If they say nothing, neither do you (some exceptions to the rule here).
IMO, hardly anything to get miffed/create a thread about! Yes, I know it's your life and you two wasted what, 40-60 mins (?), getting to and from the bodyshop and some ££ in petrol. But considering all the problems and issues that people from all around are dealing with... is this even anything that need to be though twice, let alone write a thread about?

I usually find your posts entertaining (for the lack of a better word :razz but here I'm failing to see what the big deal is?

Be happy.
Quote from dadge :just go into the garage tomorrow and advise them that the conversation you are about to have will be done in the style of a power ranger.

I read your post in my head in the voice of frankie boyle, which made it all the more funnier!
I'd still take #1. Life happens, whatever.
#13 - Jakg
As someone who works with a lot of dissatisfied customers

#2. Without lieing.
Oops LOL

I tought "Become ANGRY" was a cool option so i chose it and now im alone in there, i look stupid. :doh:
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Obviously, you drive a chav'd up Corsa, so you don't actually have a girlfriend and all the guys in the shop will laugh like a drain when you use that line.

Or if you do have a girlfriend you are unlikely to find an evening when she is
a) Not shagging one of your mates.
b) Not shagging her brother.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I read your post in my head in the voice of frankie boyle, which made it all the more funnier!

Nice!
#16 - Osco
Go on an apeshit crazy rant. Then halfway you realize they're not the ones you should be angry at. It's you for driving such pussywagon and maintaing stereotypes for corsas, 'tards and bodykits.

peace
Quote from Osco :Go on an apeshit crazy rant. Then halfway you realize they're not the ones you should be angry at. It's you for driving such pussywagon and maintaing stereotypes for corsas, 'tards and bodykits.

peace

:shrug I sense some seriousness. Shoo.

Anyway, aside from all the jokes about my girlfriend, I should elaborate... (p.s this thread has been largely entertaining so thanks guys:razz

I NEED MY CAR TO GET TO WORK. These last two days I have had to get my friend to take me into work (and it's a like 40 mile round trip) and get my Dad to take me home. If I cannot get my car in the morning I cannot get to work; simple.

And while I do have my motorcycle, I am not using my bike in the salty, cold and slippy conditions, plus it's not even at my house, it's hibernating for winter at my Mummies.

Quote from dadge :just go into the garage tomorrow and advise them that the conversation you are about to have will be done in the style of a power ranger.

As Frankie Boyle, genuis Dan.
it's good to see you're feeling a bit chirpier. now go get that power ranger suit ironed!
The engine mount has gone on my car, the one at the gearbox, but it's broken badly the bolt is still stuck in so it needs to be drilled out and replaced, so it's more of an engineering job.

The garage I've taken it too has got my car, I have no idea when I get my car back because it's only open 3 days a week, nor do know how much it's going to cost to replace since when I took it there and the mechanic having a quick look...he said it's gone before by the look of it (which is has)...and it's been 'repaired' badly, even seeing an 8mm bolt but through a 12mm hole, so the hole is like an oval now and there's some damage to the gearbox. He explained it could be £50 if it all goes well but the whole engine and gearbox has moved so there could be more damage on closer inspection. He's keeping in touch so he can give me a more accurate quote but worst case scenario it may need a new gearbox altogether which would make the repair pointless since it's a £500 1.2 2000 Clio.

I've bought this car off my brother in law who did explain it was fixed before he sold it to me, and was led to believe so. It lasted 2 months...not even 500 miles before the mount broke again. I've not paid him any money for the car yet, and I'd rather not cause a family dispute, however I'd be pissed off if he still expects even the £400 he wanted for it.

I'm now spending money on public transport aswell as car insurance on a car I can't use to see my girlfriend.

You think you have it bad?
Go to a scrapyard and pick up a box, they are a dime a dozen. In fact most of the parts you need could be picked up form a scrappy for less than £100. If things are really buggered you may need some welding, but really it is child's play. If you have a couple of trolley jacks and axle stands you could have done the work in an afternoon.

And it sounds to me like your garage really doesn't want the job if they are proving hard to get. If they haven't started work yet, take it somewhere else.
-
(Takumi_lfs) DELETED by Takumi_lfs
Be happy, Your ugly car is gone from your sight for another day.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Go to a scrapyard and pick up a box, they are a dime a dozen. In fact most of the parts you need could be picked up form a scrappy for less than £100. If things are really buggered you may need some welding, but really it is child's play. If you have a couple of trolley jacks and axle stands you could have done the work in an afternoon.

And it sounds to me like your garage really doesn't want the job if they are proving hard to get. If they haven't started work yet, take it somewhere else.

Agreed here...it sounds like it's just a joint and a good welder could have it good as new for not much bob. Also what sort of garage is open 3 days a week?
Quote from danthebangerboy :I read your post in my head in the voice of frankie boyle, which made it all the more funnier!

i'm thinking of reporting this post. and when i give a reason, i'll write "bitch stole my thunder!"
#24 - JJ72
This is like the most trivial thing to get upset about?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Or if you do have a girlfriend you are unlikely to find an evening when she is
a) Not shagging one of your mates.
b) Not shagging her brother.

Hahaha, you legend.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG