The online racing simulator
Is it just me or does the 90X have rear wheels on the front, a la Acura's defunct P1 car?
not exactly the same, I think this is some small rear tyres at the front of the 90X (basically the one currently used in petrol P1, diesel's one are bigger). It remind me Porsche 911 GT3R Hybrid which have some bigger front wheel than classical GT3R because of electronical-motor. There is no interest on having some big front wheel at Le Mans...it gonna sucks at Mulsanne straight.
Quote from MoMo92i :not exactly the same, I think this is some small rear tyres at the front of the 90X (basically the one currently used in petrol P1, diesel's one are bigger).

Choice of fuel doesn't dictate the tyre size. It's same for all P1s.
nop, regulation gives some maximum size but some LMP1 aren't using the same rear wheel
Indeed, there is a maximum size but there is no minimum size.

Max diameter is 28.5 inches and max width 16 inches (LMP2 respectively 28 inches / 14 inches).
Looks bullish and ugly, but form over looks... I love it!
Nice one, really love this test-car's carbon design :P
Confirmed in the press release that rear tyres == front tyres. And that it's not ready for Sebring, instead R15 "plus plus" will be used there.
Shot from back
Quote from BlueFlame :Looks bullish and ugly, but form over looks... I love it!

Ugly as a pig in shit. I love it.
looking at the audi's sharkfin, could we see the afterlife of the F-Duct? Looks like ze Germans might have done it to the car...
Holy Shwap thats ugly! but hey, the peugeots will burn down anyway
Quote from el pibe :looking at the audi's sharkfin, could we see the afterlife of the F-Duct? Looks like ze Germans might have done it to the car...

The sharkfin falls down towards the rear wing, much like the Renault F1 F-Duct of this year.
also, see the clever use of the swan neck RW support.

and now compare to the pug's

Quote from el pibe :looking at the audi's sharkfin, could we see the afterlife of the F-Duct? Looks like ze Germans might have done it to the car...

There are some things in the rules that almost specifically forbid F-ducts.
I wasn't aware that Audi is in charge of building the next Batmobile...
I like it. Yeah fine, not the prettiest thing you will see, but IMO prototypes should look like that; big, mean, advanced, "on steroids" like deggis said.

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG