The online racing simulator
Kart Racing Pro
(124 posts, started )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR6WvS8WbHU

Same circuit.

Edit: RasmusL, I found I had to wait a while between loading stuff, with nothing happening on the screen, but it seems stuff was just loading in the background.
No, it's not loading. Nothing happens at all when I start the game. At all.
Run as admin
Thanks for the set bash0r.

45 44.390 13.850 16.248 14.292 115.6 km/h

Sucks but not bad considering i have never experienced how a kart handles before but since it's a sim i bet it's not close to how a real life kart handles.
Same problem as Rasmus, it's loading the picture of the kart, then goes onto a black screen with Kart Racer Pro in the bottom left, then fails and goes to desktop.
I have tried pressing 'esc' key, which directs me to a screen where I can choose to put a key for the full game in, go back or select demo, if I go back or select demo the game fails to desktop.

Grrr. I'm gunna make a post on their forums too.
Quote from rc10racer :Thanks for the set bash0r.

45 44.390 13.850 16.248 14.292 115.6 km/h

Sucks but not bad considering i have never experienced how a kart handles before but since it's a sim i bet it's not close to how a real life kart handles.

I've driven 2 stroke karts before, and it's pretty damn good IMO.

I'm down to 43.702, with the default set just with soft tyres, and less fuel. Replay attached.
Attached files
DW_43702.zip - 1006.5 KB - 239 views
The difficulty with getting a decent kart simulation working is the minimal steering input and coding force feedback to feel correct. Also, the way you use your body has an effect on the kart quite substantially. So it is hard to compare sim with real life. It's more like bike racing at times in that sense.

I need to fiddle about with the settings a bit on this. See if I can get it working better
Quote from Intrepid :The difficulty with getting a decent kart simulation working is the minimal steering input and coding force feedback to feel correct. Also, the way you use your body has an effect on the kart quite substantially. So it is hard to compare sim with real life. It's more like bike racing at times in that sense.

I need to fiddle about with the settings a bit on this. See if I can get it working better

Yeah, I think real karting is easier, since you feel more part of the kart itself etc. And yeah I also found I had to fiddle around with all the settings to get it to feel right, but once you get it it's fantastic.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI43XCyO7RE
43,466 // 13.685 & 15.888 & 13.893

pretty good lap, that were 2 pb splits for me (all except for mid sector, tpb is 15.826 there)

There might be a 42 possible but it's getting quite thin
Quote from baSh0r :43,466 // 13.685 & 15.888 & 13.893

pretty good lap, that were 2 pb splits for me (all except for mid sector, tpb is 15.826 there)

Hehe, impressive!

I haven't really fiddled that much with the setup options, so a 42 is quite probably possible. Though I need to stop messing around with this and do some work! :P
totaly awsome exept its a tony kart fells kinda strange in the begining but after a while its just amazing.

do anyone know if there is any templates to download ?
Quote from sil3ntwar :He has said on his forums that Kart Racing Pro needed to be released to give him some money to continue development.

since when do you need money to code?
Can't code if you can't feed yourself.
Quote from baSh0r :43,466 // 13.685 & 15.888 & 13.893

Wow, that is very impressive.
I am down to a 43.886, after watching Daves video above I think I need to work on my setup...if I ride the kerb like that I am in a world of trouble.
Great game though, real nice feel...must be madness to have others on the track too.
I like it! A very convincing simulator! Probably buy it!

edit: bought it!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Can't code if you can't feed yourself.

well he cant do it for a living anyway...gives u some money and then slows down very much.
he must have a "normal" job as well otherwise he wont get far anyway
Quote from DaveWS :Yeah, I think real karting is easier, since you feel more part of the kart itself etc. And yeah I also found I had to fiddle around with all the settings to get it to feel right, but once you get it it's fantastic.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI43XCyO7RE

I need to fix my setup obviously, you are driving curbs like you are in a tintop.
Just bought it. Blimey the shifter is hectic.......
What settings are you using david? 43.9 is my best effort
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :What settings are you using david? 43.9 is my best effort

hehe try driving one for real The only time I have ever thought I was gonna die was driving one of those.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :What settings are you using david? 43.9 is my best effort

Just the default set with soft tyres and 4 L fuel. Reduced castor as well to 8 or 9, can't remember.

Wheel settings and stuff I think are important too, I have my wheel set to 210 degrees in control panel, with 100 FFB in game and 0 damping, rotation thingy is off.
Quote from DaveWS :Just the default set with soft tyres and 4 L fuel. Reduced castor as well to 8 or 9, can't remember.

Wheel settings and stuff I think are important too, I have my wheel set to 210 degrees in control panel, with 100 FFB in game and 0 damping, rotation thingy is off.

I have 720 in profiler and 990 ingame rotation..

Must say this game feels very convincing after 50+ laps of practice..
I tried but felt like i was steering air, changed back to what i had an managed 43.82 with a few mistakes.
Quote from mrfell :Just bought it. Blimey the shifter is hectic.......

You shift? I figured you did but i spent 5 minutes trying to configure it to shift, but never succeeded and just figured you didn't have to.
#50 - Zay
Downloading now...

Kart Racing Pro
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG