The online racing simulator
#1 - rceX
After video card upgrade AA problem
I upgraded my 7600GT > 460GTX and there is a little problem with AA I think.

This problem existing only in long distance view, see the picture what i mean:
http://www.upload.ee/image/957187/Untitled.png

It's going even worse when moving and its very disturbing me. I know it wasnt there before i changed the video cards...

Removed old drivers, installed new ones, reinstalled LFS - but it's still there.
All my LFS and video card setting's are max. detailed, also AA etc.
What about AF? Maybe it would smooth that area
#3 - rceX
AF also maximised - 16x

When i change AF setting down to 8x ; 4x ; 2x still nothing change. Maybe there is some problem's with this?
In video card settings i changed it to 16x or aplication-controlled but no results.
Disable AA in LFS, enable it in NVidia Control Panel (use Override Application Settings as AA mode, and 16QxAA (your 460 can handle it as good as my 9800GT can handle Mario) as AA setting.
#5 - rceX
Quote from E.Reiljans :Disable AA in LFS, enable it in NVidia Control Panel (use Override Application Settings as AA mode, and 16QxAA (your 460 can handle it as good as my 9800GT can handle Mario) as AA setting.

Tried it, still no result.
Hm.. Does this happens in other games too, or just LFS?
#7 - rceX
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hm.. Does this happens in other games too, or just LFS?

Only LFS, tried DIRT2 - everything nice and smooth.
Very strange indeed, something wrong there.

Just a theory/assumption, when you re-instaleld LFS I hope you used a new folder because using the same folder and just overwriting files may have left things behind. For example your card_cfg.txt file in the LFS directory. You are supposed to remove that when changing gfx cards.

Try activating Antialiasing - Transparency : Supersampling, although I don't think this is what is causing that effect, that should only effect jaggies on trees and fences.

Anyways goodluck.
#9 - rceX
Also after that upgrade i cant see any differentse in FPS.
Full grid - FPS 20

It's not normal on that video card.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
GIGABYTE 965P-DS4 P965
Gigabyte 460 GTX
A-DATA 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz G-Series
Fortron Blue Storm 500W

All these problems with that make me crazy. Do i really have to put that 7600GT back?
Quote from rceX :Full grid - FPS 20

It's not normal on that video card.

It is normal on that CPU.

Get 263.** drivers.
IIRC, there was a txt file to manually delete in case of graphics card change.
Try to look in your LFS folder "card_cfg.txt".
Try renaming LFS.exe as it might have a profile attached to it.
#13 - rceX
Quote from Ripley :IIRC, there was a txt file to manually delete in case of graphics card change.
Try to look in your LFS folder "card_cfg.txt".

Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Try renaming LFS.exe as it might have a profile attached to it.

Tryed both, no difference's
#14 - rceX
Quote from E.Reiljans :It is normal on that CPU.

Get 263.** drivers.

I was doing Nvidia automatic driver detection and it says its up to date.
When you select that GTX 460 SE version then you get these 263.** drivers, but i think i dont got that version of that GPU.
#16 - rceX
A shot in the dark: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you could try running LFS in compatability mode for Windows XP.

Also you can try manually downloading the latest DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Im not sure thou if that web installer will update DirectX 10 and later. Might be for 9.0c and earlier.
-
Dual Boot (rceX) DELETED by rceX
#18 - rceX
Quote from Skagen :A shot in the dark: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you could try running LFS in compatability mode for Windows XP.

Also you can try manually downloading the latest DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Im not sure thou if that web installer will update DirectX 10 and later. Might be for 9.0c and earlier.

I have Dual Boot system XP and W7 - tryed LFS in both and no differences
Try chaning some of the texture filtering settings:
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality: High quality
#20 - rceX
Quote from Rotareneg :Try chaning some of the texture filtering settings:
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality: High quality

Tryed but still nothing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG