The online racing simulator
The thing is, with a race like this in the middle hours, everyone's in mad places completely out of sync etc. it's hard to sort of...keep having interesting things to say. If it was iTCC or even GTAL or IGTC, the races are short enough to keep cars battling around each other, but with such a long race, things get so spread out you either try and look totally excited at 21 second gaps or sit and say nothing. We'd all rather still be entertaining.
The off-topicness was almost entirely down to me. Apologies for anyone who didn't enjoy.
Quote from amp88 :The off-topicness was almost entirely down to me. Apologies for anyone who didn't enjoy.

It's because you're Scottish.
Oh please don't missunderstand my intention to raise that, off topic is fine in a 12 hour race. Just after 60+ minutes or however long I was watching at around the 4 hour mark there was no mention of the race at all, it was a better ballance when I tuned in later. Going to log in again and see how it's going now
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
#30 - pipa
Kinda agree with Becky.

For a bystander it would be more interesting if there would less classes with fewer cars competing against each other.

I tuned in shortly after the start and watched a few interesting bits nevertheless .
hmm..what's with Conquest Racing GT0?
That was a brilliant last hour.

Good stuff in GT1.

Grats to winners.
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123
Watched last hour and a half and it was a great race overall. Good commentary and good streaming

Scipy did admittedly make me lol after the race with his obscenities. Thats just me though

Wd to podium in each class and extra Kudos to inex GT0, spdo GT1 and Inferno GT2
I've seen 10h of the race, it's was very interessting to see this race

Congratz to all winners and congratz for commentator and peoples who make the stream
Winnars!
Great job Dennis and also great job to the winners of GT1 and GT2
All issues thats possible! FFB problem, LFS minimizing, body-work damage interpeting under braking and in some turns because of the LFS minimizing (going 240(?) km/h straight into a wall), tire popp because of the body-damage. Not to mention the problems my team-mates got. My first two stints were just unluckyness. My two last stints where quite good.

GRATS ineX GT0!! And Spdo GT1. Bad Luck Scipey ;/
Concerning the discussion still going on the stream.

We already have single class endurance racing; IGTC.
and GTAL
Download links added to OP. If you don't want to dl all 6 GB plus, just wait a few days and it'll be on my blip.tv page.
Quote from DevilDare :Concerning the discussion still going on the stream.

We already have single class endurance racing; IGTC.

Quote from Timo1992 :and GTAL

GTAL: GT2
IGTC: GT1
MoE: GT0?

MoE is known to be multi-class, there's more of a chance of Wilko winning in the GT0 class before that changes.
anything is possible when u mix up names and twat people up the arse
Stupid commentators SR fans "TOMMY ØSTGAARD TURNED IN ON ISAAC PRICE! WHAT A ROOKIE MISTAKE BY TOMMY ØSTGAARD!"

Im not the one who got the warning, right? :P

BTW: I didnt hear your first question, as I was fixing something. HAHAHA, so I answered on something else xD WIN!
A car drives off from the track,accidently.
Commentator *Shouting*: HE'S OFF, HE'S OFF !
Quote from Tomhah :Stupid commentators SR fans "TOMMY ØSTGAARD TURNED IN ON ISAAC PRICE! WHAT A ROOKIE MISTAKE BY TOMMY ØSTGAARD!"

Quote from J@tko :Good to see MoE have followed the BBC's lead with impartiality in their staff

TBH I think even at Le Mans Wilko goes off on a tangent every once in a while, so the discussion about his mother [I assume this was talked about at some point] wasn't too bad
I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned Janice even once :P
I was in the commentary box for ~8 hours and at least during that time it wasn't.. Great fun it was :P
Quote from Becky Rose :LFS is capable of running more cars than are entered, my point is that there's no need to have 3 classes in the same event, and with a reduced entry field it's created a scenario where a 12 hour race is being competed by half a dozen cars per class, that's too few because it makes getting a podium result comparatively meeningless, it's a disservice to the teams who put the effort in to compete.

Endurance events are meant to be difficult, after watching a few hours my feeling was that the race needed more same class cars, and less than half the entries getting trophies... It wasn't 'difficult' enough.

To sum up the situation briefly:
  • After the end of the 2009-2010 season on a bad note(poor turn-up rate in the last few rounds), admins want to break the boredom of three seasons on GT1+GT2 without any real important patch in between.
  • After months of arguments, speculations and work on a (now abandonned) stillborn project, admins/beta-testers come up with a brand new class, the GT0.
  • GT2 is too popular to be scraped(as you see, it's the most crowded class atm).
  • Admins decide that having 15 GT0s and 15 GT2s on track would be too much problematic, therefore GT1 cannot be scraped
  • One of the only "viable"(though some will obviously argue with that, go to the MoE section if you have some time to loose in reading neverending arguments on this topic) solution is to have 3 classes, GT0, GT1, GT2.
I think most of the people involved in the series share your opinion Becky, this was the argument that came the most often during the pre-season arguments. That said, don't forget that if we have only half-dozen of cars in GT0 and GT1 at the end of round 1, it's also because of the lack of interrest in the faster classes, the series were supposed to run with 10 cars in each class or similar. Also, even in real life it is not rare to see 6-10 cars classes, even less is events with a lot of different car classes like the 24H of Nurburgring.

Honestly I don't exactly know which opinion I should personnally have on this GT0 class. I haven't tested the FZ0 and the XR0 yet, and I'm probably not skilled nor experienced enough to push them at their limit anyway. As a GT2 driver and squad manager though, I think it brings an excellent multi-class athmosphere. The GT1/GT2 speed difference wasn't great enough to give a big influence to lapping. With the GT0s you have to be more careful with the people around you from other classes. And the GT0/GT2 speed difference isn't as much scary as it might look from the outside, as all cars on track have a very similar corner speed, so the GT0s catch the GT1/2s only in the straights. It's not like in events mixing very different car classes like GT1/NGT or similar, where you always have the fear of having a faster car catching you in a fast section with blind corners.

Of course the main risk is to have teams running in GT0s getting bored in competing in 6 cars grids, we will see how it goes later in the season.

And anyway, MoE is one of the only international LFS endurance league simulating the multiclass athmosphere. Multiclass systems are part of endurance racing, so I think it should stay like that, should we have 2 or 3 classes on track.

On topic, I've watched only like the first 40 minutes, but the stream was excellent from what I've seen. I'll try to download it and watch some other parts later today.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
  • After the end of the 2009-2010 season on a bad note(poor turn-up rate in the last few rounds), admins want to break the boredom of three seasons on GT1+GT2 without any real important patch in between.

And IMO this has worked out, we've seen an exciting first race yesterday and I'm sure some more will follow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The stream was brilliant, especially the first 60 minutes.
AND F***ING AGAIN I MISSED IT.

Srsly make these threads 1 day or sumthing before the event
Quote from Myffe :AND F***ING AGAIN I MISSED IT.

Srsly make these threads 1 day or sumthing before the event

2. 6 Hours of Westhill International: January 8th, 14:00 UTC
3. 24 Hours of Aston GP: February 12th, 16:00 UTC
4. 6 Hours of South City Long: March 12th, 14:00 UTC
5. 6 Hours of Fern Bay Black: April 9th, 14:00 UTC
6. 6 Hours of Kyoto National: May 7th, 14:00 UTC

put that in your calendar

Masters of Endurance 2010-11 Season Round 1: 12h of Kyoto GP Long LIVE Broadcast
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG