The online racing simulator
Guess what...
(31 posts, started )
Guess what...
Any one up for a LFS UK meet in 2011??

Just asking, as I found my old vid when I organised it in 2005, and i thought shit, that long ago, so lets do it again.

Just wondering if the old skool would be interested and also, the devs like last time. I could speak to Cyberseat and see whats going on, and also, have a little trick up my sleave, but like I said, see if people are interested.

What I would plan, is central to UK as possible, and endurance ,as this worked well before. Plenty of notice for all people, and also a vote on venue, but has to be central to UK....Central doesn't mean London ROFL

Just asking out here, as I do miss you people, not racing and all, but what we had at that weekend in 2005, i want it again, in true LFS fashion.

OK the bad points, it will mean commitment, and payment up front, but you all know that, and like the last one I done, it will me trust, but as you can read, i am honest. I know i would love to see Scawen, Vic, Pilot, Bob, Danowat, TAA, Three J, Gp4flo, the list is endless. Holy crap, Vykos missed the last one, he needs to be here LOL

Well, as I say, I will post some details, see the up take and see if from there.

I am hoping, it will be better than 2005

Regards

Fordie
Hi, have you just arrived out of your Tardis from 2005 and not heard about the 5 kart meets since then?
#3 - CSF
Quote from Fordman :
OK the bad points, it will mean commitment, and payment up front, but you all know that

Nope they don't, just ask the guy who has had the last 2 LFS Kart Meets at his own home and been left out of pocket by people ****ing off at the last minute.
Quote from CSF :Nope they don't, just ask the guy who has had the last 2 LFS Kart Meets at his own home and been left out of pocket by people ****ing off at the last minute.

That harsh on jason :/
I bet the devs would rather stay home than show up and be bombarded by questions regarding the next patch. It's unfortunate, but hey that's life.
If there is a new LFS Meeting you don't have to ask me twice. Give me a date and I'll be there.
Quote from The Very End :If there is a new LFS Meeting you don't have to ask me twice. Give me a date and I'll be there.

Thats the Spirit old chap

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I bet the devs would rather stay home than show up and be bombarded by questions regarding the next patch. It's unfortunate, but hey that's life.

Thats not what these meetings where about. Funny enough, I think a new patch was due when we did it back then, and nobody mentioned it. It was just about getting together, having a laugh, few beers and getting loads of blisters from the karting.....oh and climbing walls.

Quote from CFS :Nope they don't, just ask the guy who has had the last 2 LFS Kart Meets at his own home and been left out of pocket by people ****ing off at the last minute.

Oh blimey, didn't realise that, as I could not make the last couple, but when I did it, everybody was really trusting.

Like I said, it was only just to see if there was any interest. I know Christmas is around the corner, and with the current climate it might prove difficult, but if you don't ask, you don't know
Btw, please ban alcohol from the meeting, since I am just making too much of an ass of myself due to it (reference to UK kart meeting).
Quote from Fordman : Oh blimey, didn't realise that

Maybe I'm forgetful, but I don't recall anything like this happening?

Quote from The Very End :reference to UK kart meeting

Have no idea what you're talking about.
....Where...Is...The....Red...Ball? :arge:
2005?, christ on a bike was it that long ago?
Tell me where and when and I'll leap on a train
#13 - CSF
Quote from Bob Smith :Maybe I'm forgetful, but I don't recall anything like this happening?

You are. Rockclan's "I'm ill waaaah" then demanded his money back.
If I was living in the UK, I'd love to come, but I'm in the USA.

Maybe I could be there virtually, though. If you want to invite people from all around the world to at least be a part of the chatting, racing, drifting, crashing, etc part of it, I'd be willing to set up however many servers would be needed just for this event. 5, 10, 15 servers? I also have a regular chat server running the Ignite software if you wish to use that for this event.

Just an idea, charge everyone $1 through PayPal to get a password and use the money to help finance your party.

Scawen and the rest should come too. Even if the next patch or S3 isn't close to being ready, they could still use this event to show off what they have such as Rockingham and whatever else they might be willing to reveal.

-Maurice
Quote from CSF :You are. Rockclan's "I'm ill waaaah" then demanded his money back.

Well sadly I was really sick, and it's really lame from you 2 to keep on bashing on me about that.

Also I would have loved to give you and Boothski the giardiasis parasite, but sadly I didn't want to infect the others.
#16 - CSF
And everyone there would have loved to shove you in a bin or something, but we don't get exactly what we want in life. It was funny you "magically" were better on the day of the meet itself to post in the topic telling everyone you were fine again. Sort of sums up the mental delusions that go on in your world. But hey, if Jason ever hosts it again, which he is thinking of doing this year, he's already said you are banned so he won't have to go through that whole charade again.
Quote from danowat :2005?, christ on a bike was it that long ago?

Yep it was Dan, I know couldn't believe it myself either. Some dodgy looking drivers here

Blimey, I've lost some serious weight since then!!
great idea , but after hosting the last 2 UK LFS Kart Meetings with my brother Jason, there are lots of things to consider and organise if you want people to commit and make it happen. they are:-

1. Cost - must make it affordable for those travelling far distances (especially abroad)
2. Value for money - If all you can provide is the Karting itself i.e. no accomodation, food, beer etc. then it can be very expensive when you add up all the other costs e.g. Hotel, train/plane, food, beer etc.
3. Pre and post racing - to make it a truly great event, it is nice to meet and chat (and get very drunk) with fellow LFS'ers. For this you need a place to go before and after the event e.g Pub, House.

We managed to secure the whole day at our local Kart centre for approx £45 per head, giving us a good 1.5 hours of track time each. Plus we were lucky to have Jason's house to accomodate everyone the day before and after, giving us plenty of opportunity to meet, chat (and get very drunk:nod. So the total cost for the event, food, beer and accomodation was approx £60 each. The only additional cost was the travel.

Now I know that is probably asking a bit much of anyone, and we can only thank Jason for the last 2 years for his generosity, but it does highlight a few reasons why it is difficult to organise an event like this at other venues across the UK.

I hope I have given you (Fordman) an insight into what you may need to look at if you want people to take a real interest in the event. I am certainly up for any event providing it is cost effective and good value for money. I have been to most of the Kart meets over the years (missed only 2 I think?), and I know from experience that travelling 200 miles to a kart meet, racing for an hour, then turning round and driving back home is not what I consider value for money or something I would consider doing again.

But I agree with the sentiment, we do need a UK LFS Kart Meet 2011
The price was £45 including the karting, food and drink btw not £60
even better VFM then
I got a bit of cash to spare, can send 25 quid your way to help with organizing it
That LFS meet in 2008/2009 (can't remember, Tristan set it up) was pretty cool at the Race Sim Centre. (whom I keep getting stupid promotional emails from, ugh!)
what are the odds it will be in america

Quote from S14 DRIFT :That LFS meet in 2008/2009 (can't remember, Tristan set it up) was pretty cool at the Race Sim Centre. (whom I keep getting stupid promotional emails from, ugh!)

Was a good day. Be even better now that I can drive myself. *Tristan peeps around the door* "O hai!" and all the jaffa cake packets on the table

Guess what...
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG