The online racing simulator
#1 - Zay
Whats the difference of 32 or 64 bit?
Hey guys, just a quick question.
What is the difference betweeen 32 bit resolutions and 64 bit ones?
Thanks,
zay
There really exist 64 bit ones? I thought there were only 16 and 32 bit.
Quote from Flame CZE :There really exist 64 bit ones? I thought there were only 16 and 32 bit.

Dude, 64 bit ones exist from long long time ago...

Attached images
bit.jpg
TO sum it up ...

32bit and 64bit related to "Windows". Main difference is to have more available RAM in 64bit (also called x64 (32bit = x86)).

Incase of LFS. Its the bit depth of the image. Old nintendo games are 8bit, so there's your answer. More = better.

Edit: "bit" is not related to resolution at all.
64bit screen depth is on its way though
#8 - Zay
Quote from hazaky :TO sum it up ...

32bit and 64bit related to "Windows". Main difference is to have more available RAM in 64bit (also called x64 (32bit = x86)).

Incase of LFS. Its the bit depth of the image. Old nintendo games are 8bit, so there's your answer. More = better.

Edit: "bit" is not related to resolution at all.

Kay, thanks, and yes it was a fail, by me, I thought it said 64 bit, actually said 16, so I should be running 32 bit if i want best quality, i think.
I wonder did you try to turn 16 bit quality and then 32 cuz if you tried i doubt you could miss the differences.

Example a: 32bit 16bit

Example b: 32bit 16 bit
how come it shows max 24bit to me?

e. forget..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :how come it shows max 24bit to me?

e. forget..

Because you live in finland :doh:
Quote from Takumi_lfs :64bit screen depth is on its way though

I thought they stopped with this, because your eyes don´t realize more colors anyways
Its for marketing dude, people buy everything that sounds nice these days.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :I wonder did you try to turn 16 bit quality and then 32 cuz if you tried i doubt you could miss the differences.

Example a: 32bit 16bit

Example b: 32bit 16 bit

Well, sadly 16 looks better that 32bits.
It does? Look at the glovebox in the first example, there is a weird brown stripe stretching over it with 16bit color depth. The whole dashboard looks pretty ugly in example B in 16 bit if you ask me...
Quote from John5200 :I thought they stopped with this, because your eyes don´t realize more colors anyways

utter bull
you need a higher bitdepth than we currently (actually 30 bits would be close to fine if 32 bit culours were actually 32 bit instead of 24) to get every nuance of the spectrum a human can distinguish
more importantly however you need a much higher bitdepth to get accurate mappings from one colourspace into another when working in a calibrated environment (or if like 99% of all people i know you want to rip your eyes out after using windows in adobergb for more than 10 minutes)
#17 - Zay
Quote from MadCatX :It does? Look at the glovebox in the first example, there is a weird brown stripe stretching over it with 16bit color depth. The whole dashboard looks pretty ugly in example B in 16 bit if you ask me...

Yeh 32 bit shows more definition and quality than 16 bit in those pics.
Smoke on 16bit mode is very weird....
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Smoke on 16bit mode is very weird....

The green tint comes from the fact that there are 6 bits of greens and only 5 bits of red and blue.
With 32 bits all three have 8 bits. And the last 8 bits are alpha layers if you were wondering why 8+8+8 doesn't add up to 32.
Quote from hazaky :TO sum it up ...

32bit and 64bit related to "Windows".

To CPU mode.
Quote from hazaky :Main difference is to have more available RAM in 64bit (also called x64 (32bit = x86)).

In case of Windows operating systems, main advantage is PatchGuard (also known as Kernel Patch Protection), which pretty much renders all rootkits useless.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :how come it shows max 24bit to me?

e. forget..

32 bit = 8 bit red, 8 bit red, 8 bit blue, 8 bit alpha. Because current monitors do not support alpha channel, they really are 24-bit, but people are used to calling them '32-bit'.

16-bit is 5 bit red, 6 bit green, 5 bit blue, that's why e.g. smoke is green'ish in 16-bit mode.

^ snap, I guess I will read all posts before replying

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG