The online racing simulator
Too much Blackwood?
(15 posts, started )
Too much Blackwood?
It's probably just a personal opinion but, don't you find that servers overuse the Blackwood track? I mean, LFS offers such a good wide range of good/better tracks than Blackwood but almost 3/4 servers still stay on it day after day.

Just wanted to share it with you. What do you think?
That's because 95% of active servers are demo servers. I currently don't see a single S2 server on BL GP in the top servers.
It's probably underused more than overused on S2 servers IMO
I want the good old times back...
Servertype (Demo|S1|S2)
selection button...

but yea most of servers are demo.

Perfect post time
Quote from RasmusL :That's because 95% of active servers are demo servers. I currently don't see a single S2 server on BL GP in the top servers.
It's probably underused more than overused on S2 servers IMO

Never saw it from that angle, you are soooo right.
Quote from Heiko1 :I want the good old times back...
Servertype (Demo|S1|S2)
selection button...

but yea most of servers are demo.

Perfect post time

+1 when i play LFS Patch X thats the option to check the servers
lmao.

read the title.

read it again

just noticed what "black wood" really means
#7 - Zay
Quote from MijnWraak :lmao.

read the title.

read it again

Lol
#8 - dadge
Quote from MijnWraak :lmao.

read the title.

read it again

But seriously what's wrong with blackwood? its is one of the best tracks in LFS i never get bored of it
Quote from kars19 :But seriously what's wrong with blackwood? its is one of the best tracks in LFS i never get bored of it

What happens to me is that BlackWood remember my firsts days in LFS, and make me feel happy thinking in these years racing day after day

Maybe some people would get tired of it, but for me, it will always make me feel something special.

(I know it could sound weird, but it's all true)
Quote from Whiskey :What happens to me is that BlackWood remember my firsts days in LFS, and make me feel happy thinking in these years racing day after day

Maybe some people would get tired of it, but for me, it will always make me feel something special.

(I know it could sound weird, but it's all true)

Can't really get that feeling, since Blackwood changed so much since the early days. Sometimes it just feels like another track.
Thats true, I also like more the old truck (maybe this is one of those things that you don't know how good they are untill you lose it).
Would be awesome to have two types of Blackwood. The odl with the treed chicane, and the second bridge with the concrete run off not the sand and kerb combo. Also the old rallycross layout. Make the old version look all haggard and keep the current version how it is.

p.s. I do love Blackwood
I wish someone would run a server with a different track each day for the XFG /XRG much like it was with CTRA.... I really liked that.
Quote from JohnPenn :I wish someone would run a server with a different track each day for the XFG /XRG much like it was with CTRA.... I really liked that.

Our servers change around every day or so. One of them currently is for S2 users and only allows the XFG and XRG. It defaults to Blackwood GP, but is set so the users can pick any track they like.

We currently have 6 servers running 24 hours a day. Our servers are easy to find, they're names all begin with "[ROTW-USA]". The servers are located in the USA, but many users from all around the world have been able to make decent connections. They work good because we set them to send 6 packets per second. If a couple of packets get lost, 3 or 4 will still make it every second. Plus we don't see the need to allow 47 connections. 10 or 12 users running smoothly makes for a very enjoyable experience.

We don't allow crashers. If we happen to be monitoring and see a crasher, he will get booted. Also, for newcomers or those who are still struggling to find speed, one of our servers is just for those people. It's OK if you are slow on the following server:

[ROTW-USA] 1:37 and slower only

That one is a demo server at Blackwood GP. You fast guys, please ignore that server. Let someone have a chance at winning!

-Maurice

Too much Blackwood?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG