The online racing simulator
even gp4 had a pretty good wet/rain simulation
Quote from tristancliffe :Did you look at the rain video? Making wipers move and the track shiny in a repeating pattern whilst lowering overall grip and overall brighness does not, in my book, constitute rain simulation. I'm sure it'll be better than that, but not by much. I don't think it'll have puddles, dry and wet lines, varying conditions etc. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I don't know about the implementation, but Kunos had been experimenting with rain ages ago, and he did model water depth even then.
stop dreaming guys
Quote from senn :lol wut....i've been up for a while but to me that sentence makes no sense whatsoever....is it just me?

what part dont you understand,,on tv theres a program called fifth gear(are you with me up to now),, they had rockingham track on there with jason plato going around the track with a presenter(still with me),so what a tease(surely your with me now)
I think Criterion are either saluting or taking the piss out of LFS. They have a road called Rockingham road. Now if there had been a mission with a scirocco it would have been obvious.
Quote from Amynue :His sig explains that.

Ye, never even got it right:
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is not.
Quote from bishtop :what part dont you understand,,on tv theres a program called fifth gear(are you with me up to now),, they had rockingham track on there with jason plato going around the track with a presenter(still with me),so what a tease(surely your with me now)

Sorry for double post, but hey man, what can I say, you made it another couple of words without losing me! Good job, 5 stars for u
Quote from Zay :Ye, never even got it right:
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is not.

how did i not get it right, there is no right or wrong way of putting it unless your going by a quote someone else made,which i am not,surely mine makes more sense,as growing up means getting older
no because people use the term "grow up" sometimes to try to tell someone they need to mature and behave more like a responsible adult should.
Quote from senn :no because people use the term "grow up" sometimes to try to tell someone they need to mature and behave more like a responsible adult should.

yeah i know you you can use the term 'grow up' in that context but not 'growing up',
-
(senn) DELETED by senn
Quote from bishtop :what part dont you understand,,on tv theres a program called fifth gear(are you with me up to now),, they had rockingham track on there with jason plato going around the track with a presenter(still with me),so what a tease(surely your with me now)

Was it the season finale with Nissan GTR vs Mitsu Evo? I was so jealous at them driving Rockingham in a GTR
Quote from RasmusL :Was it the season finale with Nissan GTR vs Mitsu Evo? I was so jealous at them driving Rockingham in a GTR

no mate ,it was where he set a test for one of the other presenters and if they passed that test then they went on to have a go at rockingham(i cnt remember the other host name) where plato had his most serious shunt in the past into the concrete barrier,,to be honest its my first proper look at rockingham but it definitly looks like it would be a good track for lfs(fingers crossed)
Quote from cargame.nl :Well, I have enough evidence that Scawen does not have the slighest idea who keeps his game running. For example, the demo environment would be in a very bad shape if EQ Worry wasn't there with the [AA] servers and didn't wrote a great InSim.

Also there are some pretty well organized teams out here which have difficulty to keep the LFS spirit up against games as Rfactor and Iracing.

It's pretty arrogant to not communicate at all to at least your biggest supporters or not even know who they are! In some sort of way it's a disconnection from your own project. And this support will start to fail eventually, I think by the end of this year. (Little bit afraid of Rfactor2, well afraid, I'd move too if it's good).

But who cares anyway, this was just a personal project and a bonus income. Nothing more.

This situation keeps the motivation low to make progress.

On the bright side, there is stuff laying around like the Rockingham track which could be easily be released to keep the regular gamers happy. Just like the Z-patches of last year... But nothing gets released at all, so you might say something bigger is coming up.

Or, Scawen has big personal problems in life... Also a possibility. But this ongoing silence is not helping the start of all these kind of speculations at all.

The excuse that the physics are wrong and therefore don't release nothing anymore for two full years now, who still believes that story?

I mean, how difficult is it to make / design at least some tracks and release those?

Couldnt have said it better myself!
The last chance occurs on 20 Dec 2012. After that, nothing more will exist; I'm talking only about LFS, ofc.
its Dec. 12th 2012 12/12/12 see?
it the same as when everyone flipp3d out on 6/6/06
Scawen say this year will have update not 2012 dammmn kids
If you read the thread or simply searched for his posts you would see he has given several updates in recent months.

http://www.lfsforum.net/search.php?do=finduser&u=43

If you read between the lines... Still experimenting, no ETA, not working on it full time as it's a difficult challenge and motivations a problem. Eric MIA, no new content announced.

If the last 5 years count for anything, there hasn't been the usual subtle hints that leads up to a release (patches). Basically anything this year is extremely low. Check back in 6-12 months or when you get an email. (if you've registered)
lets face it no updates coming this year and not next year
Theres a small chance that we might see a test patch this year, if not, I'm 100% sure we'll see a patch next year. I mean, there's not much left to do.
Like early 2009
correct!
It's better than LOST. There is no answers!
And soon, there will be no questions :-D
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG