The online racing simulator
Nah, there's more then enough usable Premium Cars, there will be more with DLC's, i'm sure.. If the physics live up to my expectations, i would actually for the first time be happy to pay for those DLC's..
cant wait
Quote from jibber :That's what i mean... who wants to drive a freaking Mercedes AMG? All the wrong cars are premium cars... (with some exceptions).

If it sounds the part, I certainly do... although I wouldn't actually have to drive, I could just rev it standing still
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah, there's more then enough usable Premium Cars, there will be more with DLC's, i'm sure.. If the physics live up to my expectations, i would actually for the first time be happy to pay for those DLC's..

I agree, there's just about enough variety of FF FR MR 4WD etc even within the premium range, especially with modifications. I do find it odd in Forza when a car pack comes out, people buy it, and then transform those cars into cars, which for all intents and purposes are just the same as the cars they already had, and so far removed from the original in terms of handling that it's a total waste of time and money.

I've been mulling it over, and despite having never bought DLC for any game, ever, if GT5 is basically good, and it's not stupidly priced, I would buy a track pack for it, but probably not cars.
Quote :who wants to drive a freaking Mercedes AMG?

Drive the SLS and you'll take that back...
Course creator themes so far

- Toscana (Tarmac)
- Eifel (Circuit)
- Mt Aso (Tarmac)
- Liege (Gravel)
- Alaska (Snow)
- Eifel (Kart)
- Tokyo Bay (Kart)

Mt Aso could be our generic mountain touge course theme
Maybe more will be unlocked as you go through the rally and other special events

Mount Aso is in Japan, a large volcano

---

Video of Audi RS6.
They somehow managed to capture the growly snarl on driveby of the real thing
PD must be running them on a track now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL7AHcQyJuk
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Anyone know are used wheels available atleast for premium cars? One of the great GT4 features imo.
The Micra cup car and Alfa 147 on the previous page look really low res. However, the other standard cars (I know the Megane is a premium car) Look quite good.
I still hope the final game or a patched game will have changeable wheels on standard cars.

If it has I wil have absolutely no complaints about cockpit since I don't use it so it has no added value for me.
Wheel on the other hand can make a car with boring stock wheels actually look cool and sporty, that is why I really want them on standard cars.
-
Quote from brandons48 :I wouldn't even mind it if they released like a "wheel pack" as DLC tbh.

Excatly I would even fork over some cash to have al of those wheels, which you can put on the premium cars.
-
-
Quote from brandons48 :Just saw the GT Auto vid that said we can't change the wheels on a standard car..

Just to pick out a few of my favourite cars from the list I have here...

# S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) ‘91
# S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) ‘95
# S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) ‘00
# S Nissan SILVIA Q’s (S13) ‘88
# S Nissan SILVIA Q’s AERO (S14) ‘93
# S Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 ‘85
# S Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car ‘86
# S Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car ‘85
# S Saleen S7 ‘02
# S Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STi Version ‘98

And that's just a small selection from a part of the list.

Seriously PD, a Prius over a Saleen? A Suzuki Cervo over a Subaru 22B?
I'm all for GT5 and stuff but... they need to listen to their fans an awful lot more.

You know there are Premium versions of those cars?
All the GT-R models listed have Premium versions, and there is a Premium S14 as well I think

But I wished there was a Premium 22B, that is my fav car, after the Pulsar GTI-R (not seen since GT2)
-
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's up with jumping in this game, it looks awfull (1:09)

Looks ok on the other laps IMO. And in other rally vids I've seen
The snarl is like the real deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh9HNEZSCMA

Quote from brandons48 :It just seems like a major waste of time, they could have spent more time making more premium cars :/

But yeah, 22B and Pulsar GTI-R... premium, please! :P

Well they put a ton more work into each car now, visually and sound wise, as can be heard. Best drive by sounds in game by far.
And most probably tuning and exhaust upgrades changes the sound further still.

So I can see now why they haven't been able to churn out the cars like before. I wouldn't be surprised to see free DLC car updates. Prologue only had 32 cars or so on release. They doubled that through updates, and added a few more tracks as well
Apparently there's a big surprise coming soon in tekken90's GTP topic...
All of these videos look too arcade for me, still haven't seen a single 'sim-like' video from this full version, haven't seen it since that Ai-locking up the brakes and getting sideways vid...
Quote from Boris Lozac :All of these videos look too arcade for me, still haven't seen a single 'sim-like' video from this full version, haven't seen it since that Ai-locking up the brakes and getting sideways vid...

Because the person posting these videos is a casual player, who uses the buttons on a control pad to steer with aids on, most of them time, unless someone requests he turn them off like he did with the Laguna Seca civic video

GT caters for both crowds, it's a matter of control method and aids.
The Skid help option, adds grip when a slide is detected according to the tool tip in one of the videos. This replaces the Standard physics setting in Prologue and recent Demos.

Don't worry I'll be posting some vids when I get the game next Thursday, played with a wheel with everything off
Cool.. that Skid help aid is a relief, i think that's ON (i HOPE it is) on that Super GT GT-R vid you posted, on the Ring.. i mean he spins from like 250kmh, does a 90 degree spin once and stops imediately, he would be spinning like mad in rl..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Cool.. that Skid help aid is a relief, i think that's ON (i HOPE it is) on that Super GT GT-R vid you posted, on the Ring.. i mean he spins from like 250kmh, does a 90 degree spin once and stops imediately, he would be spinning like mad in rl..

I've seen people spin 3-4 few times in a row, but others complain about how that's not realistic as well
I know I spun quite easily with an Enzo on the ring using a control pad on the Ring when I played the demo and I was trying to drive conservatively. The grass is also very slippery, maybe too much. But that was the demo.

I think some aids have been on by default in some demos, like active steering. That option only started to show recently. I can see how that would help you drift.
There are 3 main aids - ASM ( active stability management) GT staple.
Skid help and active steering. The last one helps for control pad users.

See if I can find that picture showing the aids from the full version

--

Do want! LFA
Dynamic Time of the day change on the Ring..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

And my god, that LFA looks insanely real, seriously now there's practically no way to distinguish real pictures from the photo mode ones.. lmao
Boris this is the only video where I know the person is using a wheel and most of the aids off, but I can see on the HUD traction control is on, and ABS is most probably set to 1 out of 10.

I can hear his DFGT wheel whirring. It's a license test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlEEGqz9og
Game looks amazing, still didnt see a video ( While racing ) Without the hud, there is a option to remove the hud ?, Of course this is apply to prem cars

Like in LFS while you drive with the cockpit view you can press shift+f and all the "Hud" hides
No.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG