The online racing simulator
The Fast & the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
(101 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from Eldanor :Transporter 2... LOOOOL

was the first one, he drives head on into a kerb at 5 mph and takes off over the railings off a bridge!
XCNuse - as a man who loves motor racing, I prefer the movies about racing to be realistic, and I think lots of people do...
also that doesnt excuse F&F:Tokyo Drift from slamming a Silvia engine in to Mustang, it's like planting silicone tits on a man...

Eldanor - this one is even better in "crap thing", and the actors show off everytime a camera captures them....
@XCNuse: I don't know about you, but I'd prefer that any kind of movie stick to the laws of physics/thermodynamics/etc. Case in point: The Matrix. People as batteries? Give me a break... I'm willing to grant the writers/directors some artistic license, but that's just ridiculous.
Quote from squidhead :Eldanor - this one is even better in "crap thing", and the actors show off everytime a camera captures them....

I think I'll download it just to see and laugh
Quote from XCNuse :its a good MOVIE
but real.. not .. quite lol

Now THAT is an understatement lol

TBH.. F&F sucks. They have crappy actors. I mean, REALLY crapy actors. Paul Walker says 'bro' about 250 times in F&F2. No way that was in the script... which brings me to my next point - the script. The story is just assinign. In the first one, an ex-car "booster" is a cop, and wants to be part of the FBI. Red flag right there. In the second, he's a cop again, after letting the bad guys go in the first movie. Red flag there. In the third - at least they got rid of Paul Walker. I think..

The cars look like crap, too. Although, that is a matter of taste, and some people like those cars.. for some reason. I'll let that slide.

When it comes to car movies, I like at least some realism. LeMans and Grand Prix are by far the best car/racing movies ever made. Both very long, both very slow, both very realistic. Not for everyone, but they are realistic. Driven was junk. Poor special effects. I remember before I went to see the movie everyone was raving about the crash scenes in Driven. They were TERRIBLE! The cars did not move realisticly, the driver's heads in the cars did not move at all in a crash, and the damage to the cars was not realistic. Not to mention in every single race somone either flips over or goes airborn. Those problems I could live with, but then there was the other things. Indycars on the street? gimme a break. The cars they had on display would probably not even have the enginges in them, or, even if they did, would probably not have any gas in them, therefore making it impossible to drive them. I think the only realistic thing in the movie was the manhole covers flying up when the cars went over them.

Oh yea, this in a Fast&Furious thread, sorry, I forgot...
I just realised our teamtag FF could be connected to Fast and Furious :doh::faint:
Ill wait for my younger brother to buy it... then maybe ill give it a watch. But Tuesday im going to see Disney Pixars "Cars" i think i made the right choice.
any opinions about the "old" chase car scene films from the 70's ?

for example "bullit" ?
never seen this one, but i guess the special effects arent' that big like today.

regards
I wana see cars.

Every 3D animated movie has made me laugh. Shrek 2, Finding Nemo, Ice Age etc. All aimed at kiddies but has alot of adult humour.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I wana see cars.

Me too, Pixar does great movies, even for childs
bullit is the best car film BAR NONE!!!!
meaning?
Quote from v4forlife :bullit is the best car film BAR NONE!!!!

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Steve McQueen's car chase scene in the 1968 movie "Bullitt" still ranks as the most popular car chase scene in Hollywood history, according to a survey."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/1 ... eels/car_chases/index.htm

EDIT: I have to say I haven't seen it
What sort of tuning nonsense did they use in this film? I want to know so that I know what the ricing community will start asking for. Presumably Nitrous Oxide systems are very 1990's, and so not cool. Flames from the exhaust, is that in fashion at the moment.

One day they might make a film about tuning modifications that actually work, but it'll be so complicated no one in the ricing world would understand it.
roddin? i believe it got 2nd for best chase scene in a movie

as for driven, well.. imo not bad 3d for its age, now we have those movies where it looks real because we have all these advances in 3d and stuff. driven was what? '98 i believe, still a pretty good movie (imo) for its age 3d wise

while the movie Flight of the Navigator still being i think the first movie to have real 3d in it (i didnt know it was 3d until i read about it somewhere)

as for driven, its really.. the racing is yes not real, but i think im more interested in the storyline; same reason why i liked the movie The Breakup while everyone else around me kinda hated it; i like storyline more than anything else in a movie

when i get home im going to watch Cars, but i've heard that its really not that good? not sure though, i still want to see it nonetheless
Tristan -
judging by the movie it is now cool:
1) install smaller and weaker engines in to your car (I want a 1.8 in my 7.0 Corvette, PERIOD)
2) Carbon Wings are still DA BOMB
3) Pimp Volkswagen vans
4) to crash cars
5) to talk in Japaneese quoting corny phrases from the movie

and its uncool
1) to have neons (this is now official - NEONS DO NOT MAKE YOUR PENIS BIGGER)
2) Nitrous is not necessary for drifts, that's why it is uncool, but it was used a couple of times in the movie, so maybe somebody still likes it

Quote from XCNuse :roddin?

"Roddin?" Do you mean Ronin? I've never heard of 'Roddin' before..

Quote from squidhead :
1) to have neons (this is now official - NEONS DO NOT MAKE YOUR PENIS BIGGER)

There's going to be a lot of disappointed tuners out there... heh heh heh
I don't care what that article says, that does piss me off. It's not just about putting a japanese engine in an american car, it's about putting a japanese engine in an american car that so much heritage, prestige, and not to mention value. Putting that eninge in it destroys everything the mustang was.
Aww come on you guys know you really want to see it, you just don't want your friends to know. I bet Tweak stood in line overnight for his tickets.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from MAGGOT :I don't care what that article says, that does piss me off. It's not just about putting a japanese engine in an american car, it's about putting a japanese engine in an american car that so much heritage, prestige, and not to mention value. Putting that eninge in it destroys everything the mustang was.

I can see the point from a tuning point of view as RB engines are strong engines but i agree with you. Classic car and the sound of the v8's in american muscle cars is the sex
I like japanese cars but give me a '66 mustang gt 350 anyday.

Quote from tinyk :Aww come on you guys know you really want to see it, you just don't want your friends to know. I bet Tweak stood in line overnight for his tickets.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

We've been found out lads.
Ok, who told you?
I am pleased to say I've never seen any fast and furious movie. Or the crappy modern italian job (no capitals on purpose). Or any of the modern remakes of car movies, even if they are remakes of crap original car movies
I havent seen ANY of those F&F movies.
..I dont spent my time watching CRAP.

- I can only come up with ONE good car movie,
and its not really a car movie...

eh...

Spielbergs "Duel"

...and maybe "CannonBall Run I - II

#49 - JJ72
I have that on DVD, um...great movie and very innovative camera usage.
I havent seen part 3....dont really plan on it cant stand imports to be honest....and as for the mustang....im a pure mustang nut/guru type guy....wont have nothing but a mustang to drive....they actually drifted the mustang with a 430Ci Small block engine...the skyline engine was just for show and it actually blew the fuel pump during a 1/4 mile run...and to make it worse they had the fart cannon on the mustang during the shoot, but it was just a prop and the real exhaust was 2 magnaflow mufflers....why they did this have no idea...they shoulda put the car with the 430sb in the movie..and showed the imports whos who

The Fast & the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG