The online racing simulator
Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
Quote from DejaVu :It's not new though, it's just rehashed bad company 2.

Oh come on...

CoD7=CoD6=CoD5=CoD4

Since CoD4 the franchise has been rehashed for life...

And IMO MoH does not feel the same as BC2. If you don't know it's on the same awesome FrostBite engine, you would think it's 100% different.
I dont see that much of a problem with the COD franchise. People are complaining that theres too much bling and what not. Move up afew levels online and you have barebones which takes out killstreaks etc. Move up abit more and you have hardcore, which is litrally no hud, no maps, no killstreaks, die correctly etc etc.
I'm enjoying the game so far, it feels very different from Modern Warfare 2, at least on the multiplayer it does. A quick tip for anyone who actually likes the game and doesn't come here to bitch about it, the Galil is a very good assault rifle.
Warning If you're thinking of buying!!!!
I preordered through Steam and I am very dissapointed in this piece of crap they sold me. The software developers need to be held accountable!! See below.

/* rant on

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON
ANY PC !!!!!
DO NOT BUY!!!!

*/ rant off

My name is Ron, Im a pro-gamer for Angle Gaming Labs b.v.b.a. Belgium.
This is the worst installment of any of the COD's.
NOT a single PC we tested the game on at the office was able to run the game
without stuttering, lagging, jumping, .... you name it.

System 1: custom build
Core2duo E6600 2.6GHZ
4GB 1066 mhz DDRII Dominator Corsair
ATI RADEON HD2900 XT
ASUS mobo
REALTEK onboard sound.
Windows XP 32 bit.
All drivers updated.

--> AVG 50-60 FPS (1024*768)

System 2: acer prefab
I7 quadcore
6GB 1333 DDR3
RADEON HD4600
REALTEK onboard sound.
Windows 7 64bit
All drivers updated

--> avg 20-25 FPS (1024*768) (pretty sad hu, for a system like this)

-----------------------------------------------------------

All resolutions tested, all fancy stuff disabled, no AA, no AF, no nothing.
The renderer, according to my opinion, is not the main problem.

As long as NOTHING happens, you just run around on an empty map, dont shoot, all is well (besides the little jumps in FPS, I notice from the BSP trees loading)

BUT everytime an
EVENT happens. For example, an npc spawns, an NPC shoots, I shoot, my opponent in MP shoots, WHATEVER. The FPS drops to 1, causing a terrible hickup. When multiple items trigger an EVENT, the system just comes to a halt.

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY!!

I noticed the link between fps coming to halt and events when something or somebody shoots. So I thought its the sound thats screwing everything up.
Disabling ALL sound, voice, sfx, master.... did NOT change a single thing.

Next I opened up my taskmanager. Whenever an EVENT happens, the
CPU

Perhaps its the eventhandler then, but impossible to check for me.
Something is seriously ROTTEN in Treyarch's code, its not id's renderer imo.

What can we do to fix this?
You guys need a real betatester for PC so you can get some CORRECT feedback. (cough, I hereby apply)

What I dont understand is, HOW can this NOT be noticed during development? Answer, my (pissed of) guess, you dont give a shit about PC gamers anymore? The people that made the franchise and gaming big in the first place?

PLS help us ASAP!!!!

Very disappointed,

Ron
Angle Gaming Labs b.v.b.a.

EDIT: What I forgot to clarify is, that it is not a HARDWARE issue, but a SOFTWARE issue imo, or is it?
cloggs up to 100%, ALL CORES!!!!!! (thats 8 for my quadcore with hyperthreading), resulting in system coming to halt, fps drops to ZERO.
I also wish to warn people about online issues, the game in its current state is NOT playable at all, atleast not in MP. With seruous lag.

I would recommend people to wait for a patch and then try to read some reviews after that.
What on earth is wrong with game developers these days...

Seems like every single game is released half broken, full of bugs...

Urgh..
Was playing it today with a mate using the splitscreen multiplayer thing, which I think is awesome. However, I prefer MW2 in terms of how the graphics looks and how the controls feel.

Not sure if I'll be buying it anytime soon though.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Nah, it's becuase that guy is using ATi videocards. Everyone knows those can't render a frame if its life depended upon it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :My god, people are seriously brainwashed, no kidding.. like in those cheap B-production movies..

+1 91% of boys in my school have the game and are addicted as
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Nah, it's becuase that guy is using ATi videocards. Everyone knows those can't render a frame if its life depended upon it.

Not because of ATi, but because of the card. A i7 and a HD4600? Come on, no shit it runs bad. Same goes for the 2900.
Im getting constant 60 FPS with all settings maxed until the huge battles such as the opening mission's (spoiler) Cuban assassination attempt and you have to escape on the plane. Then i started getting 35-50 ish. And my cpu usage is still hovering around 25%-30%
Single Player isn't really an issue, its the online.

I reckon it's solely down to this theatre mode that records your games
I read somwhere that it could depend on that they are using a serverconfig for consoles and that it helped(not fixed, but made it better) to change some values in the config.

Im no computer geek so i dont really know what they where talking about, exept that it was some settings the serverhost could do.

It seems like a fun game though, but like said i would give it a week or 2 so the major "ZOMG! a new game! i must quit my job and play 24/7" passes, by that time there should be a update released and defenetly less overload of 24/7 playing.
I didnt really have net lag issues online either, just fps lag issues on the pc i was using at a internet cafe ( Core2 Duo's, 9500 512 cards ). Will check it out tonight on my machine in regards of the MP lag.
Loool, Just got 2 Hind's in one round and got accused of hacking about 100 times..
Attached images
CoDBO Ownage!!.jpg
Guy with a ratio 18.00 sure looks suspicious...
#142 - Zay
Oh my gosh cant wait to get it, i think its gonna be awesome
i had a few issues with it (pc version) on tuesday afternoon but by tuesday night the lag and the frame rate problems had disappeared, can't understand why the I7 rig would have problems with it, im running a q6600 and a 8800 gts and it's fine.

re rifles, the enfield (licencing problems? surely its an SA 80) is my favourite at the moment to the extent that i haven't bought anything else despite being almost at level 21
Quote from tinvek :i had a few issues with it (pc version) on tuesday afternoon but by tuesday night the lag and the frame rate problems had disappeared, can't understand why the I7 rig would have problems with it, im running a q6600 and a 8800 gts and it's fine.

re rifles, the enfield (licencing problems? surely its an SA 80) is my favourite at the moment to the extent that i haven't bought anything else despite being almost at level 21

The i7's GPU isn't that good
Quote from tinvek :i had a few issues with it (pc version) on tuesday afternoon but by tuesday night the lag and the frame rate problems had disappeared, can't understand why the I7 rig would have problems with it, im running a q6600 and a 8800 gts and it's fine.

from cod wiki
Quote :The weapon is based on the XL64 rifle, which was the prototype for the SA80/L85 series rifles that entered service in the 1980s.

heard there are prototypes or "ideas" of weapons used in black (c)ops, but why would they do this? they could just make a weapon with a ton of power, and say it was just never released...

also, the point of a crossbow, is to be quiet, am i right? is there also an exploding crossbow here? so its like..

exploding crossbow: all of the noise of a real gun, half the power!

or is it just people who hate cod, trying to complain?
explosive bolts = power of a gun, double the fun.
Just had another epic match, got 1 Hind this time..

I wish that when you use the Hind your player should exit the map so you cant get killed while piloting it
Attached images
CoDBO Ownage!!2.jpg
It freezes right after the first intro (which is also laggy as hell). Awesome, I'm glad I didn't waste any money for this crap.
Quote from lukelfs :Just had another epic match, got 1 Hind this time..

I wish that when you use the Hind your player should exit the map so you cant get killed while piloting it

I call your hind, and raise you no choppers

Really loving black ops atm, customisation is sweet - stuttering has gone with newest update
Attached images
blops.jpg

Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG