The online racing simulator
Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Looks great, seems like they have gone with some new sounds. But that frag drop sound, sounds like something from half life or even the classic call of duty 1
Keep the vids coming Making it a nice build up to the launch.

Which im hoping shopto does well at getting the game to me a day early
Quote from adamlfs :Keep the vids coming Making it a nice build up to the launch.

Which im hoping shopto does well at getting the game to me a day early

ShopTo won't be shipping until Monday according to an e-mail I got from them today.
Yeah, sucks. Found out last night

Oh well I will keep playing mw2 for abit till I get it haha
Quote from logitekg25 :well there are appeals..like the newest one has support for shooting through walls..and dont they all cover a different war?

oh my gosh that is so innovative... oh wait i used to shoot people through stuff in cs all the time over 10 years ago
Quote from Shotglass :oh my gosh that is so innovative... oh wait i used to shoot people through stuff in cs all the time over 10 years ago

Yep. This game is terribly old. And boring. And the short SP was even more boring.
I can't believe you all fall for this COD bulls*it every year. I mean c'mon, how much more can they milk it, and how many times will you buy it?! I bought MW2 cause i skipped MW1 multiplayer and heard all good things about it, and cause IW made it. It's a great concept in multiplayer but awfully flawed and rushed. Not buying anything from Activision anymore, will wait for the ex-Infinity Ward and see what they will come up with. This "Need For Call of Duty" every year is getting redicolous, but more se are the people who continually buy it..
Was watching the zombie gameplay and it instantly hit me: Combat Arms.
#88 - RS1T
Quote from Boris Lozac :I can't believe you all fall for this COD bulls*it every year. I mean c'mon, how much more can they milk it, and how many times will you buy it?! I bought MW2 cause i skipped MW1 multiplayer and heard all good things about it, and cause IW made it. It's a great concept in multiplayer but awfully flawed and rushed. Not buying anything from Activision anymore, will wait for the ex-Infinity Ward and see what they will come up with. This "Need For Call of Duty" every year is getting redicolous, but more se are the people who continually buy it..

How is it milking the franchise? I think this game looks a lot better than MW2, and if you'd actually bothered to watch in depth multiplayer gameplay, you'd see that many key elements have been completely reworked. (For example cod points to unlock things rather than XP, many new perks and reworked old ones, tonnes of weapons with hundreds of customisation options, dynamic maps, 4 new game modes, built in video editor, contracts, gameplay adjustments, fully controllable killstreaks, innovative new equipment, new equipment system, completely different style of campaign to ANY previous cod game, new zombies mode.....)

Obviously there will be lots of similarities, because it is another CoD game. To most people that is a good thing, as they have all recieved very positive reviews from game critics worldwide. MW2 got a 9.5 rating plus the Editor's Choice award, and I'm fairly confident that Black Ops will be no different. Even if the top video game critics give a game a good review, some people here still don't seem to realise that it might actually be a good game

To be honest, most people who play the call of duty series aren't looking for the most realistic shooter possible. It's a video game, games are supposed to be fun. CoD games have and always will be fun, and they are not realistic shooters, probably because they are not trying to be realistic.

Quote from Bose321 :Yep. This game is terribly old. And boring. And the short SP was even more boring.

Jesus, get a life, please...The second anyone posts anything critical about the game you bounce right here and back them up. People reading this thread probably like the CoD series, and really don't care about what someone who clearly knows nothing about the game thinks about it.
Quote from RS1T :How is it milking the franchise? I think this game looks a lot better than MW2,

And you'll say that next year too, you know there will be one next year, and every year now?
I guess i like to stick to one game longer, like Counter Strike, which i played for 5, 6 years.
I did watched a lengthy multiplayer vid and it looked exactly the same as MW2, from graphics, colors, effects, the fonts are the same, those icons for the modes, etc..
Don't get me wrong, i do like those customisations, weapons in COD, that whole special forces thang.. but it's getting too much now.
MW2 worked horribly to me, i spent most of my playing times in lobbies, i lost connections very often etc.. lag.. that idiotic circling of the maps..
#90 - RS1T
Quote from Boris Lozac :And you'll say that next year too, you know there will be one next year, and every year now?

Well, if they keep making games that are good, then I may do just that. If Black Ops turns to be a failure then I probably wouldn't get the next cod game. I do realise it's a very similar game underneath, but I don't see that as a bad thing, as what is underneath was very good to begin with.

Thankfully they've also got a slightly improved map circulation for this game, giving players more choice.
#91 - Uke
Agree.. Activision and EA will bury the gaming industry with this.. Check the FIFA 11 commercial, i bet you can buy a small island with that budget..
The games industry has gone downhill, these days people who actually have lives outside of their bedroom walls are playing games, people with nice haircuts and fancy clothes, attractive interesting people! That's just not on, especially when they are better than us too. I used to take comfort in gaming, sure the popular kids at school had more friends and got invited to parties, but at least I could get a higher score than them on Tetris!

Just look at EA and Activision, bringers of popularity and mainstream success, it disgusts me, sometimes I even find it so disgusting that I don't play their games or comment on their games in forums, but thankfully I don't feel that way for longer than it takes to finish masturbating to the latest Katy Perry video. I mean look at that advert, women, men in suits, employed normal looking people, they have sold out the true hardcore gamer just to make a pile of money, it's almost like they deliberately try to make a profit out of gaming. I tell you what, if they make another successful Call of Duty game that improves on the previous one I might even consider only buying one copy of it, and not play it at least once a week every week until the next one comes out that I might not but probably will buy.

p.s. the fact Black Ops includes humans rather than unicorns shows lack of innovation, most games I play have humans in them, it's been done before Activision!!!
I think it's sick that advertisement has such blatant Apple marketing.. come on.. a guy answering an iPhone 4... that's ridiculous.

Proof that people with iPhones are seriously cool guys in suits.

EDIT: AND ****ING BEST BUY MARKETING.. HOW DISGUSTING!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think it's sick that advertisement has such blatant Apple marketing.. come on.. a guy answering an iPhone 4... that's ridiculous.

Proof that people with iPhones are seriously cool guys in suits.

I know right! I know at least no people with an iPhone 4 and none of those people are suit wearing seriously cool guys, infact most of them don't exist at all. Also at no point in that video did any of those women make a sandwhich.
Funny story.

I have an iPhone 4.

I wear a suit.

I am suave and cool.

I rest my case.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The games industry has gone downhill, these days people who actually have lives outside of their bedroom walls are playing games, people with nice haircuts and fancy clothes, attractive interesting people! That's just not on, especially when they are better than us too. I used to take comfort in gaming, sure the popular kids at school had more friends and got invited to parties, but at least I could get a higher score than them on Tetris!

Just look at EA and Activision, bringers of popularity and mainstream success, it disgusts me, sometimes I even find it so disgusting that I don't play their games or comment on their games in forums, but thankfully I don't feel that way for longer than it takes to finish masturbating to the latest Katy Perry video. I mean look at that advert, women, men in suits, employed normal looking people, they have sold out the true hardcore gamer just to make a pile of money, it's almost like they deliberately try to make a profit out of gaming. I tell you what, if they make another successful Call of Duty game that improves on the previous one I might even consider only buying one copy of it, and not play it at least once a week every week until the next one comes out that I might not but probably will buy.

p.s. the fact Black Ops includes humans rather than unicorns shows lack of innovation, most games I play have humans in them, it's been done before Activision!!!

Sorry but that's facepalm material..
It's meant to be ironic, I hope.
I know, that's why i said it..

Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG