The online racing simulator
Alexandre Premat Horror Crash 2010 DTM at Adria Raceway
Huge crash in the DTM serie today. Luckily the driver were O.K and walked from the accident!

Take a look at the crash HERE
WTF?

How'd he get a warning??
At least the guy was okay, because the car sure as heck wasn't.
Scary wreck, glad he's ok. German commentators aren't near as exciting as Japanese. Someone should dub that video.
Quote from ChiliFan :imagine an official coming up to you after a wreck like that and telling you "that was a bit dangerous wasn't it? don't do that again"

Totally agree.

Quote from Falcon140 :Scary wreck, glad he's ok. German commentators aren't near as exciting as Japanese. Someone should dub that video.

I am sure it would be an screamfest lol
I'd say - a racing incident, nothing worth an penalty for.
Quote from The Very End :I'd say - a racing incident, nothing worth an penalty for.

Well, a warning=/=a penalty after all. Sounds fair enough to me.

Sure it's not quite the thing he'll recall of this race though.

Seeing his thin body after he left the car I have to say I am surprised he was not all broken...
People say WOW what a crash, because the car is completely smashed. You're forgetting the fact that the car is BUILT to disintegrate. If the car didn't destroy itself in a crash, I'm certain the driver would be dead.
Quote from RasmusL :People say WOW what a crash, because the car is completely smashed. You're forgetting the fact that the car is BUILT to disintegrate. If the car didn't destroy itself in a crash, I'm certain the driver would be dead.

Agree, but watching the crash from the various angles shows how hard the actually hit were, it was HARD, but luckily the car body did it's work and it was not a solid wall it hit in the first place.
For your spectacular crash, you have been given a penalty.
That's like penaltizing someone because they like cheese!
This is madness!
#16 - aoun
3:24 on the first video.

I honestly think that marshal in the background had no clue what was going on.
Quote from aoun :3:24 on the first video.

I honestly think that marshal in the background had no clue what was going on.

LMAO he's waving the green flag Well done seeing that :P
At that instant the race is neutralised under waved yellows, so there is a waved green at the end of that area. It's exactly the right thing to wave. Only when the CotC gives the Race Stopped order does the red flag fly.

The marshal did everything correctly.
#19 - aoun
Quote from tristancliffe :At that instant the race is neutralised under waved yellows, so there is a waved green at the end of that area. It's exactly the right thing to wave. Only when the CotC gives the Race Stopped order does the red flag fly.

The marshal did everything correctly.

I suppose, Im not a marshal myself so Ill shut my mouth. Found it funny though.
Quote from RasmusL :LMAO he's waving the green flag

Quote from aoun :I honestly think that marshal in the background had no clue what was going on.

He has more clue than you pair, that's for sure. Green comes after yellow. As soon as he sees the red at the previous post he brings out the red. What should he be doing instead? Like Tristan says it's not up to marshals to decide if it's an SC or red.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Well, a warning=/=a penalty after all. Sounds fair enough to me.

It is a penalty, just not one which affects the race results. It means penalty points on your racing licence though. If he had chopped across and it was Engel that had a big accident I'm sure he'd be getting a bigger penalty.
I realize the flag rules, apparently missed the fact that the other marshall just switched to the red flag. I'm probably slower than this marshall (and that says a lot ).
I love the battle on the grass between the Audi and the Mercedes, especially at the end, when the Audi leaves and the Mercedes spins. Quattro FTW
"Hi boss. BTW I ruined your £750,000 race car and got us an official warning from the stewards, but the good news is I'M ALIVE!"
Quote from RasmusL :€865,855*

Just had to

*ahem*

From xe.com...
865,885.00 EUR = 749,757.18 GBP

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG