The online racing simulator
South City Layout
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Yaamboo :Untrue. You would get a good fps but large graphical errors. If you get the car outside of the track area you have similar problems.

you would get less fps ... but no graphic problems, because everything would really belong to the track ...
Quote from Thorvertonian :Point-To-Point racing would be cool, start point, finish point, find your own way there....

That would be cool, expecially at south city, but any track, possibly a new track on sand (A-la Paris-Dakar style)

+1 For sand point to point track
+1 For a track set in a desert like a Tilkedrome. They could be in the same sort of environment.
Quote from duke_toaster :+1 For sand point to point track
+1 For a track set in a desert like a Tilkedrome. They could be in the same sort of environment.

Then you would need a new vehicle i.e a 4 wheel drive.
how did this conversation move to talking about desert tracks? can we keep it about the topic please.
as i read, its a city(like the circuit name says) it would be cool to do a little of that track for demo racers ?
I didn't mean to take it off-topic, I was agreeing that an Open city would be great, and you could have point-to-point races, Start @ A, Finish @ B, route inbetween is up to you, the only race in real life I watch that does this is Paris-Dakar Rally, even Gumball has a set route......
Quote from kiss me :as i read, its a city(like the circuit name says) it would be cool to do a little of that track for demo racers ?

Demo players have more than enough content
#33 - Jakg
Quote from kiss me :as i read, its a city(like the circuit name says) it would be cool to do a little of that track for demo racers ?

you have enough as it is
#34 - Woz
Have any of you thought that LFS might only load in sections of the track depending on which config is being used. The render engine only needs to pull in what you can see on or near the valid track config. There is no point loading in and processing parts of configs that will always be invisible for the configs you are on.

We used similar techniques when I worked on real flight sims years ago. The database would be structured in a way that it was simple to chop out areas or filter out areas when they were not needed. It cuts down memory requirements, processing power and render power in the form of z order etc.

If the complete mesh for south city was always loaded it would take more to process and hence require more cpu/gfx power as this is a big complex mesh.

When you have a single path for a track it becomes FAR easier to optimise and organise the structure to allow faster processing so yes I can see a fully open track could increase the load on machines a great deal.
but what about the helicopter view and thus visible roads or city parts never seen before?

South City Layout
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG