The online racing simulator
South City Layout
(35 posts, started )
South City Layout
is there any chance you(devs) could release the open south city layout with none of the tracks blocked off? so we could have an open city to drive in or make our own tracks out of it?
#2 - shim
+1
Hell yea +1
It would be great just to cruise around, or play Cops and Robbers on it.
There is a problem with this.

AFAIK the graphics requires a set route to be taken around the track. Otherwise it goes nuts and starts drawing EVERY polygon in the WHOLE track. Or something like that.
I dont know the track but any open track sounds good to me. :P

Be fun for just mucking about. Doesn't one or all of the Project Gothams do this also?
#7 - ajp71
As Duke Toaster said it's been asked before and cannot be done on LFS's engine
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Their are fun server online that allow people to do other things other than racing (cops & robbers, drifting, drag etc) which could be classed as pissing about but racing laps on end can get boring at times and something fresh is what is needed to make the racing lively again.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Well, because I maybe get licensed soon, I would like to have this implented, but you don't need a lap or something, (look @ carpark)...
It would be cool!
Like Duke Toaster said, you can see that it is because of the engine limitations if you have gotten the "follower could not find position" error sometimes.
well the racing does get boring... very boring. im to the point where i cant even play anymore. i need something new and fun to do.

as for the engine not being able to do it. couldnt they just set it up so the whole open area was the track and not just an open area? i dont see why this wouldnt work..
Quote from sileighty :well the racing does get boring... very boring. im to the point where i cant even play anymore. i need something new and fun to do.

As you've been licensed almost forever (since Feb. of this year) I can see how you are bored already with the racing illepall .

If this is how you feel after 4 months of racing LFS, then LFS is clearly not the "game" for you. I'd try something else if I was you. I don't think judging by how many have been here for 3+ years are still at it that LFS can get boring.

Funny also how you are currently in the server "DORIFTO" .
umm ya because i dont race i drift. if i had been racing for those 4 months i wouldve deleted the game a long time ago. but i also played demo for almsot a year before i got s2. i couldnt care less about racing. how about you keep your stupid little comments and flames elsewhere and let us talk about this topic, mmkay?.
Quote from ajp71 :As Duke Toaster said it's been asked before and cannot be done on LFS's engine YET!

Plus, this could give us a chance to make some of out own tracks, catch my drift devs? *wink wink nudge nudge*
Quote from sileighty :couldnt they just set it up so the whole open area was the track and not just an open area? i dont see why this wouldnt work..

Becuase you would then get 1 FPS. That's why.

Quote from sileighty :how about you keep your stupid little comments and flames elsewhere and let us talk about this topic, mmkay?

How about you read the rules? Swearing is not allowed on this forum, as per the rules. I ask that in future you please excercise respect for fellow members, especially as there was nothing insulting from mrodgers' post.

Anyways, as already mentioned, this is not possible because of the way the engine is coded. Scawen himself has said so. Changing this would not be a quick task, it would require a complete re-code of the graphics engine (and possibly the physics engine). Way too much work for something that is not actually racing, and thus, not really worth all the extra effort to be put into a racing game.

MAGGOT
sileighty: Edited your post, please try to keep within the forum rules, thank you.
or is it possible for LFS...

LFS renders what it has to render, and that is visible polys.. meaning that all the time, LFS renders hte polys infront and behind you 24/7, when polys become visible, it renders that also.. when not visible, it optimizes the situation by not rendering them

when LFS runs a track such as the city, its always there.. the whole time no matter what track is running, and just to prove this, go to shift-u mode, use helicopter view, widen your FOV all the way, and i assure you that you will be able to see everything in LFS since all of those polys are visible

its not how the render system works, its how hte game works, as far as track layouts run, im not sure how it would work out with LFS, but graphically LFS can sustain the city track area without any problems
Um, yea.. I can even see roads that aren't even included in any of the South City layouts.
Why could it work in Blackwood, and not in South city?
? why could what work in blackwood?
+1, i was thinking about this the other day.
Point-To-Point racing would be cool, start point, finish point, find your own way there....

That would be cool, expecially at south city, but any track, possibly a new track on sand (A-la Paris-Dakar style)
1+ for random track generator (wrc ish) (not intended for competition, just relaxed cruising)

cause always round the tree gets boring and i like my fxr... but want new roads (not new textures)

<<< puts on flamesuite, and runs... :P
Quote from MAGGOT :Becuase you would then get 1 FPS. That's why.

Untrue. You would get a good fps but large graphical errors. If you get the car outside of the track area you have similar problems.

South City Layout
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG