The online racing simulator
Fallout: New Vegas (New Screens and Info)
(97 posts, started )

Debut Trailer here!

From the Fallout Wiki.

The game is set in a post-apocalyptic, retro-futurist Las Vegas following the Great War between the U.S., China and other countries, a conventional and nuclear war that occurred on October 23, 2077 and lasted less than two hours despite causing immense damage and destruction. Before the Great War were the Resource Wars, during which the United Nations disbanded, a plague rendered the United States paranoid, and Canada was annexed. The city of New Vegas itself didn't get hit as much as other districts, and most buildings were left intact. Hoover Dam supplies all the free electricity and water to those who control it.

Story

The story will continue some parts of the Fallout and Fallout 2 stories, but will not be related in any way to the one in Fallout 3.
Fallout: New Vegas will take place in 2280, 3 years after the events of Fallout 3 and 39 years after Fallout 2, making this installment set the farthest in the series. The New California Republic will play a major part in the story, in a three way struggle between the NCR, the Caesar's Legion slavers, and the local New Vegas populace.
The player will play as a courier, who was left to die in a shallow grave, rescued by a TV Robot named Victor, and patched up by a Doctor Mitchell.
The gameplay system will be similar to the Fallout 3 gameplay, although some changes have been made.

Hardcore mode

Hardcore mode will be an optional setting which makes the game more realistic with things such as dehydration and healing over time.

Normal - Weightless ammo, Instant health from stimpaks and no dehydration

Hardcore - Ammo has weight, Stimpaks heal over time, and you must drink water to prevent dehydration

Character system

The SPECIAL system returns, and directly influences speech options and quests. Like in Fallout 3, perks are gained every level.

Combat

The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or V.A.T.S., is an active pause combat system implemented in the game, just like in Fallout 3. While using V.A.T.S., the otherwise real-time combat is paused. V.A.T.S. also allows the gory deaths in the game to be shown in slow motion and great detail. Attacks in V.A.T.S. cost action points, and the player can target specific body areas for attacks to inflict specific injuries. Unlike Fallout 3, melee weapons now have special moves in V.A.T.S., such as "Fore!" for golf clubs.

Karma and Reputation

Karma is back, but now incorporated alongside a reputation system, similar to Fallout 2.

Weapon Modding Feature

This modding feature allows you to modify your gun by adding things like scopes, extended magazines, etc. You are able to have a weapon with no more than 3 mods attached to it. It is confirmed that these mods will be permanent to that weapon.

And here are some screenshots from the Xbox 360 magazine

Companion Commands

New Enemy Type

New Super Mutant

V.A.T.S Special Moves

The rest can be found HERE

Personally, i'm not too impressed by the graphics, it just looks like a modded Fallout 3... But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Should be released Fall 2010
Bump -

No one interested in this?
I can't wait Completed FO3 and all the expansions so stoked for this.
I know I always loved the story and style of FO1 and FO2, but the gameplay of FO3 was so much nicer - Good to see Bethesda gave it to the original creators to put their own mark on it.

Weapon mods is going to be great
Got my copy yesterday.

It feels exactly like Fallout 3. Same graphics, same gameplay, even the wasteland looks terribly familiar. Animations and AI are still terrible aswell. I don't mind it tho, i loved Fallout 3, so i'll enjoy this one for sure.

New weapons and aim mode are excellent. I also love the new music.

It's good to be back exploring the wastelands! Discuss!
Finished the main story yesterday, it's a good game, much better than the original Fallout 3. Will be doing another playthrough soon, finishing more side quests and doing things a bit differently. I think it's the first RPG since a long while that offers so many different ways of doing things.
Quote from Matrixi :Finished the main story yesterday, it's a good game, much better than the original Fallout 3. Will be doing another playthrough soon, finishing more side quests and doing things a bit differently. I think it's the first RPG since a long while that offers so many different ways of doing things.

You already finished the main story?!

When did you get the game?

I can't bring myself to finish the main story already. I try to stay away as far as possible from doing the main quests and keep focusing on the side quests. They are usually better than the main story anyway (from what i've read there's three different endings by the way).
Quote from jibber :Got my copy yesterday.

It feels exactly like Fallout 3. Same graphics, same gameplay, even the wasteland looks terribly familiar. Animations and AI are still terrible aswell. I don't mind it tho, i loved Fallout 3, so i'll enjoy this one for sure.

New weapons and aim mode are excellent. I also love the new music.

It's good to be back exploring the wastelands! Discuss!

This is the reason why I am waiting till it gets discounted, that and the fact I've still yet to fully complete FO3!!!!
How can you not complete a game like Fallout 3?
I must have spent close to 300 hours with that game.
I dunno, after close to 100 hours I guess I just got a bit burnt out, I'll finish it one day.....
I've found everything, And completed it twice ( What can I say, Modern warfare 2 on veteran took a hour, And online to get to 60 took 6 hours so.. meh )

Still, Greatly fun game, Will have to look I alot of places I skipped.
I must say if it's like FO3 where when you finish the main quests, you're unable to continue playing any of the other quests, I would be very disapointed.

Quote from TehPaws3D :I've found everything, And completed it twice ( What can I say, Modern warfare 2 on veteran took a hour, And online to get to 60 took 6 hours so.. meh )

Legitamately, really? 1 hour?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I must say if it's like FO3 where when you finish the main quests, you're unable to continue playing any of the other quests, I would be very disapointed.

DLC "fixed" that in FO3
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I must say if it's like FO3 where when you finish the main quests, you're unable to continue playing any of the other quests, I would be very disapointed.

I have bad news for you.
I'll wait for the DLC to fix that

I did feel the DLC for FO3 was YMMV, some of it was good, some was bad
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
I did feel the DLC for FO3 was YMMV, some of it was good, some was bad

I enjoyed all of the DLC, except for the alien one (mothership zeta or something like that).
I felt Broken Steel was underwhelming, Zeta was good apart from the spacewalk, the others were okay
Operation Anchorage (or whatever it was called) was pretty dull.
I enjoyed it actually. Then again, i'm a bit of a Fallout 3 fanboy.
Meh excactly the same as fallout 3

In the first town, i accidently stole a beer, resulting in the people going evil on me.
Killed them all and gave up -.-
I love it.

12 hours spent already, not that far in the main storyline so far (I fell into the usual Fallout Sidequests that branch from sidequests, putting me way the hell over here, when I should be over there).

I do like that I'm presented (thus far) with multiple sides and paths I could take for the games ending. Also, the fact that unlike Fallout 3 where sometimes you NEEDED to kill.. the whole quest line has a way to finish quests without killing. (Sneaking and Speech are needed, creatures sometimes need to get killed though).

It feels.. exactly the same as Fallout 3, which isn't a bad thing. I haven't ran into any gamebreaking bugs yet *knock wood*, nor have I found the load times unbareable like some reviews have.

Also, Re: Fallout 3 DLC. I enjoyed all of them. Point Lookout I didn't like as much, but it wasn't so much the content of the DLC, as much as it just seemed to freeze a lot more than Fallout 3 normally would. I anticipate the F:NV DLC, as Obsidian seems to have put a bit more thought into New Vegas, so the DLC should be more enjoyable (but equally buggy ).
Who is using the hardcore mode?, TBH, its one of the things that interests me about NV
I'll do it on my second playthrough. I'm finding NV to be rather hard as is (on easy difficulty), and my first playthrough I'd rather enjoy the atmosphere, story and everything of the game, rather than needing to drink water, sleep kinda regularly (although it's lenient with sleep.. you only die after 2 weeks of no sleep).

I'll add as well I'm planning a 3rd playthrougha s well with Wild Wasteland turned on, just to experience the strange encounters.

Legitamately, really? 1 hour?

It's easy as cake, the AI is stupidly retarded, You can look at a section of the map and know where ambushes are going to be, It's either the AI is retarded, Or I'm a motherF)@&*&ing GENIUS - Which I know the latter is not true.
Quote from jibber :
I can't bring myself to finish the main story already. I try to stay away as far as possible from doing the main quests and keep focusing on the side quests. They are usually better than the main story anyway (from what i've read there's three different endings by the way).

Of course there's different endings, as you can side a few different ways (Mr. House, Benny, NCR, Caesars Legion).

I do sense another 300 hours put into New VEgas like I did with fallout 3. I will not be content with beating it once.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG