The online racing simulator
Hotlap night - idea + pilot!
(30 posts, started )
Hullo!

Long time no skid, had a browse around the forums and a couple of nights racing to get back into LFS but it all seems a bit same old, while I was out being a man lifting weights today I thought of a nice little idea we could try tonight to see if we can bring a bit of variety back into LFS.

In its basics, the idea is called "Hotlap Night". We could have 2-3 of these per week if we really wanted. Here's the setup of the night:

6/7 pm Start:
1. A random track+car combo is generated
2. 10 minutes is spent on said combo with qualifying mode - the fastest times all earn points towards a little league table + then we move onto the next combo.
3. Repeat x times
4. Tot up the points + congratulate some aliens!

Hopefully we can get it popular and have a lot of top drivers wizzing around after each other - if it seems like a good idea to everyone and the first few nights go well then it would be nice for someone to get up an automated server that does all of this by itself, that we can leave online as a public server + private it on our league nights.

Anyone like the sound of it? I'd love to give it a go tonight if there is enough interest / someone to donate us a server..

Potential Grid for Tonight:

Starting @ 1800 UTC / 1900 British time

1. mcintyrej
2. JackDaMaster
3. aroX123
4. mr_x (maybe)
5. rikje
6. Flame_CZE
7. Fast Jarda
8. Seb66
9. VTiRacing
10. Karolis[Lt]
11. jrd.racer
12. IsaacPrice
13. Denny12

Zing!

Posted in General to get as many views as possible for tonight - can move to leagues if really needed!

Server is sorted!
in!
Hai der, im in
#4 - Rikje
jawohl!
Me and my teammate Fast Jarda want to be in!
Quote from Flame CZE :Me and my teammate Fast Jarda want to be in!

His username? I'm adding them all on the list so I can do a mass PM with server details.
Fast Jarda

surprisingly
#9 - Seb66
Doesn't CoRe have a server?
maybe, depends if you mean 6/7 BST or UTC and how long it would appro take?
Quote from manneF1 :maybe, depends if you mean 6/7 BST or UTC and how long it would appro take?

Depends on how many tracks we'd do - tonight won't count for anything other than a test to see if its fun, so as long as you can stay for at least 30-40 minutes that would be fine.

Quote from Seb66 :Doesn't CoRe have a server?

Probably, I've just come back from a massive spree of inactiveness though so I thought it might be a bit rude to come in all guns blazing demanding servers.
-
(mcintyrej) DELETED by mcintyrej
So what is the start time in UTC?
Quote from Flame CZE :So what is the start time in UTC?

18:00 UTC / 19:00 British time, have added it to first post.
Add me to the list please I'll hopefully make it
add me to list, ill do it
By the way, if you didn't have a server to go, you can use ACTUAL Linux Server # 1. We can set it for you.
Server is sorted, as he said
count me in after a long break.
Ill try just for the fun. Ill be slowest but meh.
All added, PM's going out in about 5 minutes
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
I'll dooo iiit
Can I sign up denny12 now?

By the way, PM haven't arrived yet.
Quote from mcintyrej :All added, PM's going out in about 5 minutes

Do jacks use a different way to see what time it is?
Quote from Rikje :Do jacks use a different way to see what time it is?

I'm a bit slow tonight.

PM's all sent!
Too late? :P

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG