The online racing simulator
Hungray Hippos
(48 posts, started )
edit: Also, you haven't given any kind of reliable source which says that corrosion played a suspected part in this incident.[/QUOTE

I Quote

The problems began Monday when a sludge reservoir burst at a metals plant in Ajka, a town located about 160 kilometres southwest of Budapest. It flowed down roads and through homes, quickly dumping an estimated 1 million cubic metres of toxic waste on Ajka and six other towns in the area.
By Wednesday, the sludge had flowed within 100 kilometres of the Danube -- a 2,850-kilometre-long river that flows through Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Moldova, as well as into the Black Sea.

It's incredibly corrosive. It's caustic," said Scott Cardiff, international campaign co-ordinator with Earthworks. "These red sludges produced from the alumina refining are very dangerous for humans and for the ecosystems." "We expect contamination through the sediment of the waterways, but also contamination with heavy metals, with lead, possibly cadmium," he told CTV News Channel.

Now AMP I don't know where you're getting your news..but Caustic and corrosive covers my point

What this story is not telling is a gold mine..operating under the radar...and dumping
Quote from amp88 :Also, you haven't given any kind of reliable source which says that corrosion played a suspected part in this incident.

Quote from AtomAnt :I Quote

It's incredibly corrosive. It's caustic," said Scott Cardiff, international campaign co-ordinator with Earthworks. "These red sludges produced from the alumina refining are very dangerous for humans and for the ecosystems." "We expect contamination through the sediment of the waterways, but also contamination with heavy metals, with lead, possibly cadmium," he told CTV News Channel.

Now AMP I don't know where you're getting your news..but Causatic and corrosive covers my point

An environmentalist activist is not a reliable source for anything. Show me something from a reputable, international news source who aren't quoting an activist. Also, show me where you get lead, cadmium or other heavy metals as by-products from the industrial processes being carried out at the plant.
Quote from amp88 :An environmentalist activist is not a reliable source for anything. Show me something from a reputable, international news source who aren't quoting an activist. Also, show me where you get lead, cadmium or other heavy metals as by-products from the industrial processes being carried out at the plant.

We expect contamination through the sediment of the waterways, but also contamination with heavy metals, with lead, possibly cadmium," he told CTV News Channel. "And there's the risk of radioactive contamination with these sludges as well, because they concentrate naturally occurring radioactive elements."
However, Tily said that although chemical analyses of the sludge were ongoing Wednesday, early test results show "there is no radioactivity."
MAL Rt. has said the sludge is not considered hazardous waste under European Union standards.
The EU confirmed the company had a licence to operate and said there was no indication there was anything wrong with the licence.

Cadmium...OMFG
Quote from TehPaws3D :That's another bunny! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:!!!!!!!

Shoot them..saves them from dieing in the Red Tide.
Quote from AtomAnt :TVe already suggested every time someone farts a Seal gets clubbed,so moot.

True

Joke aside, I have no knowlege of what caused the problems down there, and tbh I have only watched a 2 minute clip about it on the tellesvision this other morning..

I think if you look around in the world, you will find a lot constructions that really are not well thought / safe / approved, and can cause a danger at some sort.
Quote from The Very End :True

Joke aside, I have no knowlege of what caused the problems down there, and tbh I have only watched a 2 minute clip about it on the television this other morning..

I think if you look around in the world, you will find a lot constructions that really are not well thought / safe / approved, and can cause a danger at some sort.

Vinny. this is no joke. I feel for them..not only does the Dam Dam fail but it spills a toxic sludge..double whammy.
#32 - Osco
Quote from AtomAnt :Shoot them..saves them from dieing in the Red Tide.

apparently bunnies are a tampon replacement up north?
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
[QUOTE=TehPaws3D;1495666]Looks like Racer X NZ has been sharing some of the good shit he must be smoking /QUOTE]

I got my gig....your brother from another.
Quote from Osco :apparently bunnies are a tampon replacement up north?

You said tampon replacement....love kill
A criminal probe into the toxic sludge disaster in western Hungary has been launched amid fresh concerns that the Danube River could still be at risk.
The problems began Monday when a sludge reservoir burst at a metals plant in Ajka, a town located about 160 kilometres southwest of Budapest.

It flowed down roads and through homes, quickly dumping an estimated 1 million cubic metres of toxic waste on Ajka and six other towns in the area.

By Wednesday, the sludge had flowed within 100 kilometres of the Danube -- a 2,850-kilometre-long river that flows through Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Moldova, as well as into the Black Sea.

While Hungary has not asked for assistance in dealing with the disaster so far, spokesperson Joe Hennon said, the European Union is monitoring the situation and is ready to help.

He said the EU is highly concerned about the threat the sludge poses to Hungary and to its neighbours.

Let us know if we can help. I am not the leader of all Canadians, DART.

Rough.

Oh yah doens't matter why the Dam Dam failed..it did.
am i the only person here that thinks atomant has a few screws loose?
Quote from Klutch :am i the only person here that thinks atomant has a few screws loose?

I'm allowed to have a few loose, dam builders and country engineers are not.

Snappy comeback that!
Quote from AtomAnt :We're still friends right?

Just noticed this post. That ship sailed when you thought so little of me as to accuse me of being a racist.
well, what happend in hungary is serious event, the red liquid is a side product of aluminium processing, contains lots of heavy metals thus its dangerous..also emits radioactivity, but its value is on the limit of being dangerous for people, lots of villages are flooded with this junk and few people died

http://i.sme.sk/cdata/8/55/5582508/tibor7-r794_res.jpg
Quote from AtomAnt :I'm allowed to have a few loose, dam builders and country engineers are not.

Snappy comeback that!

Oh dear
Quote from amp88 :Just noticed this post. That ship sailed when you thought so little of me as to accuse me of being a racist.

RACIST :mad:

-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Ant, is your edit button broken?

Or is there something else wrong? - No, not with the computer, with you.

He isn't wrong. He's different. I think he's okay. He provides entertainment and thought.
Quote from amp88 :Just noticed this post. That ship sailed when you thought so little of me as to accuse me of being a racist.

I called you a Racer...not a Racist
Less than 14 days later..it is so big you can see it from space, but if the Oil Sands in Alberta were red they could be seen from space without a zoom lens.

I hate money grubbing company owners that profit from normal peoples' backs...

If in this thread you read anything else..

I just post for the...hang on...why am I explaining myself to you?
Quote from JPeace :3 triple posts and a quad post, nice going ant

It's a Three four...I'm from Newfoundland.
Quote from hrtburnout :He isn't wrong. He's different. I think he's okay. He provides entertainment and thought.

I'm not different...nor am I in Different..and I would like Different to be spelled differant when replying to my posts...er...to far?

Miner 1 from Chili is up...weeeee
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt

Hungray Hippos
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG