The online racing simulator
Hungray Hippos
(48 posts, started )
Hungray Hippos
You people over there, couldn't just settle for a flood, OH NO...you had to make it a Toxic flood.

How do management at the dam not figure that sulfuric acid would eat the dam..unleashing a deadly torent of toxic waste........sorry, i'm not that stupid.

The following 127 people will attest that I Ant..can keep you safe from further toxic spills
Every time you post, i'll kill a bunny.
You want the bunny to die, you sick and twisted ant?
DO YOU?

Please stop posting.
TVe already suggested every time someone farts a Seal gets clubbed,so moot.
#4 - amp88
Quote from AtomAnt :How do management at the dam not figure that sulfuric acid would eat the dam..unleashing a deadly torent of toxic waste........sorry, i'm not that stupid.

Where did you read it was caused by that? From what I've read they're saying the main cause was the unusually wet summer.
Quote from amp88 :Where did you read it was caused by that? From what I've read they're saying the main cause was the unusually wet summer.

If you're asking about the Dam that Failed..it was a tailing pond..we have them here for uranium...Elliot lake Ontario
We have more stringent rules..was the goverment that failed the people
Quote from amp88 :Where did you read it was caused by that? From what I've read they're saying the main cause was the unusually wet summer.

Early reports suggest corrosive materials found in water...I'm just saying...it's like a mudslide and a sudden freeze...pick one or the other..

Mudslide snowcone for 50 bucks.
#8 - amp88
You specifically said that "sulfuric acid" ate away the dam. What's the source for this? The sources I've read haven't even mentioned acid. For example:

BBC News

Quote :Weeks of heavy rain are likely to have played a role in the accident, the BBC's Nick Thorpe reports.

MAL Rt, the Hungarian company which owns the plant, earlier said that by EU standards the sludge had not been considered hazardous.

There had been no sign of the impending disaster and the last examination of the reservoir pond on Monday had shown nothing untoward, it added.

Quote from AtomAnt :Early reports suggest corrosive materials found in water...I'm just saying...it's like a mudslide and a sudden freeze...pick one or the other..

Source? What corrosive materials? What concentration? If you analyse most water samples from different places you'll find at least one "corrosive material" in it; normally it's in such a low quality it makes no impact.
D.a.r.t
Don't mess with us, when it comes to helping people. We just like to know/..

911: Operator/ state the nature of your emergency

CALLER: Yes we have a flood...of toxic waste,,it's red..it burns..OMFG it BURNS.
911: Operator/stay clam
Quote from amp88 :You specifically said that "sulfuric acid" ate away the dam. What's the source for this? The sources I've read haven't even mentioned acid. For example:

BBC News

Source? What corrosive materials? What concentration? If you analyse most water samples from different places you'll find at least one "corrosive material" in it; normally it's in such a low quality it makes no impact.

It's a tailing pond used to extract gold..of course there would be acid
So far i've killed 6 bunny's.

How many more must suffer?
What part don't you get..the concrete failed because the engineer swelled it short.....
Looks like Racer X NZ has been sharing some of the good shit he must be smoking.

Klutch! Put the bunnies away! I love them!
Quote from AtomAnt :It's a tailing pond used to extract gold..of course there would be acid

Er, you mean alumina, no? Tell us where the acid in the waste comes from in the processes of refining bauxite to alumina (which is what this plant did).
Quote from Klutch :So far i've killed 6 bunny's.

How many more must suffer?

I just farted and clubbed a seal...I want to know how these people, from a reasonable thinking society, ( or are people from Hungary that ...er...what's that word)
That's another bunny! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:!!!!!!!
Quote from amp88 :Er, you mean aluminium, no? Tell us where the acid in the waste comes from in the processes of refining bauxite to aluminium (which is what this plant did).

Bullpucky..it was a gold mine
I should have brought more bullets...

brb getting a hacksaw.
Quote from TehPaws3D :That's another bunny! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:!!!!!!!

Sry..Paws off Amp and I have discussed many parts of the world..today instead of snakes..(Yucky Right) we are discussing tailing ponds/ toxic waste/floods.
Elliot Lake Ontario Canada, Home of the Worlds biggest Uranium Mine...we never once underestimated our tailing pond dams,

Thing is, we know what will happen if the Dam breaks
Quote from amp88 :Er, you mean alumina, no? Tell us where the acid in the waste comes from in the processes of refining bauxite to alumina (which is what this plant did).

Got you on record , storing bauxite in a tailing pond, just looked up the law for that part of the country and because bauxite, is mostly a LYE BASED chemical, little wonder the composition of that dam would hold.

Shoot that last rabbit for me.

Also explains the RED

Made you validate my point.
Edit buttons....... Nah hahahaha
Quote from AtomAnt :Got you on record , storing bauxite in a tailing pond, just looked up the law for that part of the country and because bauxite, is mostly a LYE BASED

Is that sulfuric acid? A strong alkaline is actually the anti-strong acid, the exact opposite, if you will. Hence my point stands. Now you have to prove that the solution that was being stored there was actually strongly alkalinic and that the material that it was in contact with was subject to degradation when exposed to alkaline solutions.

Also, take a look at some of the many Hungarian chemists throughout history. They know a thing or two, you know. Not like you're suggesting.

edit: Also, you haven't given any kind of reliable source which says that corrosion played a suspected part in this incident.
We're still friends right?
Quote from amp88 :Is that sulfuric acid? A strong alkaline is actually the anti-strong acid, the exact opposite, if you will. Hence my point stands. Now you have to prove that the solution that was being stored there was actually strongly alkalinic and that the material that it was in contact with was subject to degradation when exposed to alkaline solutions.

Also, take a look at some of the many Hungarian chemists throughout history. They know a thing or two, you know. Not like you're suggesting.

edit: Also, you haven't given any kind of reliable source which says that corrosion played a suspected part in this incident.

Ok I vote you to keep all the leaking dams in place, Never have i ran into a person so passionate..build a better world
But if it's to the Rue..it ..&ucks EU

Hungray Hippos
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG