The online racing simulator
Any mouse drivers out there?
(46 posts, started )
another mouse driver here.. i tried the y-axis thingie, but it just didnt work for me... Im way better with mouse+kb.. But it does take you a while to "feel" whats the car up to, to do the correct countersteer, nothing that practice wont cure.
I use
a= acc
z= brake
LMB= gear up
mouse wheel =clutch
RMB =gear low

and mouse to steer. Works just fine for me
Anyone tried using the mouse wheel as brake/throttle?
mouse here...
we cant be very fast its imposible, with wheel u are faster everywhere on the track thats my opinion
Mouse driver here.

Don't be afraid to race with mouse. I use no BH, TH, CB or CC and zero steer centre reduction. It is a lot more about practice than the controller you are using. Just pick a machine that you find easy to control and work with it. You'll get the hang of it.

I do have a wheel. But because I am already adjusted to using the mouse so much, I don't feel like switching at this time.

Personally, I practice with the MRT, FOX, and BMW the most. The machines tend to be easier than the rest of the rear wheels. But I am sure you can still compete with most wheel racers if you try hard enough.
Any ideas on how to remove lag from a wireless mouse/keyboard(radiowave)? I am at my friends place so I have to cope with what I got here :/

It seems the mouse skips like for a second sometimes and then you notice your wheels are pointing in wrong direction.
a hammer usualy does the trick for wireless hardware that doesnt work.
Quote from kompa :Any ideas on how to remove lag from a wireless mouse/keyboard(radiowave)? I am at my friends place so I have to cope with what I got here :/

It seems the mouse skips like for a second sometimes and then you notice your wheels are pointing in wrong direction.

maybe it's not the mouse but "lfs" try putting "minum sleep" at 1 and/or limit your framerate into lfs, it's a common problem in lfs when it's not setup properly...hope it helps...
If the delay is also present on your windows desktop, you cant really do anything Im afraid
@kompa
  • 1st check the batteries if they have still enough juice/or replace the batteries competlz for a new one
  • some radiowave mouse/keyboards really dont like when they are more then 2-3 meters from the transceiver especially some Microsoft wireless mouse have this issue.
Mouse-Pad Driver on the Laptop! Trust me, that suuucks!
That might be the reason, why im not winning any races..
I moused from the start. Brake, throttle and steer on the mouse and gears on the K/B. Doing the gears onthe K/B meant I had one hand fairly free to do the whole F12/F11 and hot key chat thing. I was predominatly a FZR racer. Mainly because I saw it as a challenge. Someone once told me that you can't mouse the FZR, I think a 1.41.57 AST. NAT and a 2.13.74 KY GP LONG kinda shows that you can . . . . There are so many things you can do to be able to 'aid' you in your mousing. Some that have already been mentioned, but;

In windows, bring down your mouse speed and take of any acceleration you might have optioned. LFS takes it's mouse settings from windows.

Reduce steer centre reduction as much as you can. This again makes your steering inputs less severe as it takes off any wheel turning acceleration. (Also reducing the steering rack in the car setup will give you more control)

Race in Cockpit view (I would have thought that was a given) you need to see the steering wheel to judge turing input.

Take off any throttle and brake help you have on, it just gets in the way of you being able to set up your car correctly.

Which brings me too setting up, don't be afraid to change your setup. You can make the car far more sympathetic to mouse inputs if you change a few bits and peices on the car.

For starters, if you find exiting corners difficult with putting the power down with your digital input then there are a number of things you can look at. Lengthen the gear ratios for any given situation, spinning up in second exiting a slow hairpin then lengthen that gear untill you gain some control back. Increase the toe-in, I ran the FZR between 2-4 degrees, this will again increase the power on grip you have on corner exit. Soften the suspension, if you inherit setups from other racers then they will probable be wheel users, they can run their suspension alot harder than you will find comfortable. So try reducing the overall hardness to give you a softer feel. This allows the car to move around more and you have more margin for digital inputs to move around with. Er, anything else for power on . . . . . . reduction in tyre pressures, again the harder the pressure the more the car will figit and squirm, not good for mousing. Soften the pressures and the car can settle and allow some leeway with the digital inputs.

Braking. . . . I found that by having the front suspension set soft and lower tyre pressure (Although less so with the new patch) you can get away with alot more brake power than you think. The gears are also critical in helping you brake, if you are using an auto box I have one word . . .DON'T!! A small note about the tyre pressures though, try and keep the pressure front and rear as near as possible to each other. Have to much of a dyscrepancy and it can seriously effect the handling characturistics, tyre wear, temperatures and many other things. I notable found that having the rear pressures higher than the front would seriously unbalance the car on braking, making the rear bounce around and step out. Also dont be afraid to ramp up the downforce, it's a great settler for the car paricularily when you are playing with setups. Once you have things sorted you can slowly reduce the downforce untill you are on the edge again but then by then you will be adjusting everything else again.

These are just a few things that I took on board and worked into the car. Made me very competative but I also knew I would always struggle against wheel users, but I could still give them a run for their money.
I used a keyboard at the start because i didn't know how to setup my mouse for lfs until my friend told me how, but now I only use mouse for accel/brake/gears and leave my other hand free for the F keys for chat. the hardest cars for me to drive (other than the fact im not that good ) is the RAC, FZR and the FO8, I use a laser mouse which has somewhat seen my temper in the past and I think it's damaged a little, because it does have the tendency to jump about and cause me to crash. I don't fair well at racing but drifting I think I'm quite good at, despite people saying drifting with the mouse is hard it's not That hard...

<(+.+)> Xaid0n <(+.+)>
Iam still using mouse when racing with the demo cars, or with slower ones, but when it comes to a league race with the GTRs or open wheelers, than i mount my MOMO
I'm mouse driver. I'll be honest, I'm really slow in some circuits
Quote from RobinK :Mouse driver here.

Don't be afraid to race with mouse. I use no BH, TH, CB or CC and zero steer centre reduction.

The latter requires a lot of skill. (my steer center reduction is 0.5).

I drive with mouse. Logitech MX310 (how is that feature called, "double resolution"? It's for gaming, more precise and rarely goes crazy on "difficult" sufraces). I use mouse keys for throttle and braking. Tried to change, to switch gears with mouse, but found it inconvenient.

I've noticed one problem with mouse steer: I need the wheel and hands to be shown to get a feedback (even by peripherial vision). Otherwise it's hard to drive, since there is no feedback on hand from the mouse. Maybe it's only a habbit and placebo (like when you increase steer lock, it feels like the car makes turns better), but still can't get rid of it.

Recently I managed to pass pedal users in FOX. Well, it wasn't completely honest, but showed that mouse isn't that bad. They had unmodified Inferno setups, I had the same but with adapted differential. I used clutch, 35/55, which permited some power loss, but allowed me going pedal to the metal in turns.

[edit] P.S. Mousing for 3 years so far.
@detail
Mouse can be really competitive TBH, iam using an MX518 mouse, and with a good setup and some practice u can really take up the pace ^_^
I use mouse hello and the buttons for upshift and downshift also middle is my handbrake if im drifting or its my pit limiter if im racing
Quote from PartyBoyU :we cant be very fast its imposible, with wheel u are faster everywhere on the track thats my opinion

You are absolutely wrong

I have seen to much of your mousedriving, to believe you

EDIT :
You can have my MOMO, if I can have your mouseskills !!!!!

Deal

#46 - Tomi
I'm normally a wheel driver but I keep an LFS install in a usb drive. When I'm away from home and have access to the computer of a friend, I sometimes play LFS in demo mode with a mouse

Any mouse drivers out there?
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG