The online racing simulator
Wheel messing stuff up?
(30 posts, started )
Sorry to hear you are still having issues.
The chipset is the heart and soul of the Motherboard all IO between the CPU, memory, motherboard devices and expansion cards are handled by these chips so the chipset drivers are very important yet often overlooked.
I'm not a big fan of USB headsets to be honest, most PC's will have onbard audio so a traditional analogue headset is my favoured option. Adding a usb headset is essentially adding another sound card to the system which to me seems a little pointless (IMHO).
As the wheel is ok without the headset connected i would wager that there are issues with the headset drivers causing the conflicts but i doubt microshaft would admit to that even if they knew it to be true.
I'd get a cheap analogue headset and either use the onboard audio or get a decent dedicated soundcard.
Personally, I'd unistall the drivers for the wheel and the headset.
Re-install the latest chipset drivers linked above in madcats post and overwrite all the files.
install the wheel software, only plugging the wheel in when asked to during the software install.
Then install the headset software.
reboot after each removal or install step just to make sure there is nothing lingering in memory.
Fingers crossed that will improve things and installing the headset after the wheel may cause the headset not to intefere with the wheel and vice versa.

Good luck, routing for you!
Just a question, How exactly do you uninstall a driver? Not just the program that works with it?
You go to device manager, double click on a hardware device, go to the driver tab, and click the uninstall button. That will remove the driver for the device.

But I don't think there's any solution for this problem you're having, I don't think it's a driver issue. Reinstalling the drivers in a certain way will not unlock hidden possibilities in your computer that it didn't have before lol.

What I think is happening is the USB headset is simply hogging all the bandwidth for itself and interfering with the wheel, and if your motherboard has a shit USB controller, then this will happen. (I'm actually wondering if this would still happen on a new motherboard with USB 3.0 ports...) I would use a conventional headset rather than the USB one, because the USB one is so much more complicated, the sound has to go through the USB port, to the software, which then feeds it to the sound card (and vice versa). The regular headset is connected directly to the sound card, so it's completely independent of the USB ports. I honestly don't see any advantages to using a USB headset, other than the fact that it's easier to connect it to the PC.
Yeah but, It seems like it would effect the mouse or the keyboard. that take more power..? Why does it attack the USB headset?

If I'm going that route, Whats a really good headset (Not really caring about the price) That isn't USB?
If you REALLY don't care about the price, Sennheiser 360 G4ME is the way to go... Actually anything from Sennheiser is very likely to be good, I've owned few of their headphones and I they were all damn good.

Wheel messing stuff up?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG