The online racing simulator
Wheel messing stuff up?
(30 posts, started )
Wheel messing stuff up?
Ello guys.. thought I'd post this here as I don't know whats going on, When I plugged in my shiny brand new g27, My headset went COMPLETELY STATIC, I could barely hear the normal stuff over the static.

But I have another wonky problem, I turned it off and "reset" the headset, So it would install all the drivers, No problem, Audio is once again crystal clear, But the Logitech profiler shows me having a Driving force USB in DI 1 or something.. I've never owned a driving force.. So whats going on here?

It alternates, I can never have the audio with the wheel, Is this power? Or is something broken I can fix?

Thanks for any help.
... G25/G27's use a compatibility mode where they attach as their various devices (DF, DFP, G25/27)... to work with older consoles (mostly).

It's likely that you are overloading the hub though. May I ask what headset you're using?
Microsoft LX 3000.

How though? My headset is in the keyboard ( G15's USB ).. I'll try and move it to the slot on the front of the computer..
Keyboards don't provide hardly any power (Especially the G15, as it has to power the G15's LCD, then divy out its remaining power to the other USB ports).

Typically, whenever possible you should use the USB ports that are on the computer. (Preferably ones on the back, but ones on front should be fine as well) Ones on KB's are often slow (for large data transfers) and don't provide power up to USB standard.
Here is a question, While you were away ( Or asleep, ) I was looking up all the power wattage etc..

I have 5 ports in the back that have 500 mA each port; The G27 with FFB and all the lights and bells and whistles is 98 mA, the headset is about 500 mA, My mouse is 500 mA

So if I have 2500 mA ... Why is it not working? I've swapped ports around like crazy, It must be some kind of interference ... Any way to see if they are screwing with each other?
There shouldn't be interference. USB devices are shielded to prevent against things like that.
Really don't understand then what is the problem, Guess I will have to try more port combinations.. None are looking hopeful :/
#8 - Bean0
Might sound silly, but you do have the G27 plugged into the mains as well ?
(You wouldn't be the first to forget)
The main power supply? Yes.. I'll check the connections right now.. It looks all plugged into me.
Just a small update, Wheel is plugged in and audio is working, And now it says that it's a driving force, I guess I'm going to restart and see what works and what doesn't.
Have you installed the latest Logitech Profiler software from the website, or used the one on the supplied CD?
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/ ... mp;WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

Which version of windoze are you running, if using vista or 7 did you run the installer as administrator? Also, I run the profiler as administrator to make sure the vista/7 UAC doesn't balls things up for me.
Are your chipset drivers upto date, I had some weird issues a while ago when I was using older versions of the intel inf (chipset) drivers.

There is obviously also the chance that the wheel is faulty, are you able to try it on another PC and see if it still gets detected as a Driving Force.
I've been using the one supplied from the CD.. But why would a faulty wheel mess up my headset? Seems like it just wouldn't work, As when I take my headset out, And the wheel is in, and restart, Bingo, G27 Racing wheel is detected... I'll try the new drivers.

Windows XP Professional Sp3
In the profiler that is installed with the drivers, there is an option to force the wheel to device 0 (or 1), maybe worth trying both settings for this ?
No dice my friend, I try everything, It just never works.. Is this because the wheel itself is faulty?
The wheel itself is most likely OK, I'd blame the USB headset for this. Anyway, have you tried installing the wheel drivers from the Logitech's website? Chances are they will be more up to date than those on the CD. Another thing that may cause USB devices to go haywire is the chipset driver. Win XP might have problems with newer motherboards, so make sure you've installed the recent drivers from the board manufacturer.
Chipset drivers.. Something I've never heard about.. I probably have never updated it once.. Where would I find these?

Edit: Then why wouldn't my Logitech G15 or my mouse freak out too? I've done a full jigsaw puzzle with the ports and what goes where, It's just the Headset and wheel :/
Win XP come with some generic USB drivers which might or might not work. What's your motherboard make/model?
Mainboard: EVGA / Model: NF66

Chipset: nVidia nForce 780/680/630 MCP
Though Bean0 might be onto something, you'd better try this driver, disconnect all unnecessarry USB devices and plug those you need to the computer directly before getting a powered hub.
Madcat, Do I just install this..? How do I check and make sure I have a lower version to that one?
You don't have to worry about that, the installer should be smart enough to care about this. Download, fire up the installer, reboot and keep your fingers crossed.
I already had them installed, It asked me to overwrite every file so I just canceled.. I'm really running out of options here.. Am I just stuck with a wheel that is on a period?
You can follow Bean0's suggestion that it's a power problem. Am I correct assuming that you have USB mouse, keyb, G27 and the headset? If you can get some PS/2 keyb and mouse to lower the power consumption on the USB ports, it might at least help you figure out what the problem is. I'm still convinced that the wheel is OK 'cause it works when the headset is not plugged in.
I can try, But my keyboard and mouse have never been a problem, Even with the wheel in they still work great, gah.. I wish there was just a simple fix made. :/

Wheel messing stuff up?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG