The online racing simulator
Post your wheel!
(158 posts, started )
Hehe, yeah

It of course could go straigh, but usually I ended up turning little left/right all over streaights, since I usually just didn't managed to get it going straight

But I rest my case, I still enjoyed the wheel, good feel on it.
My wheel ;D

lol @ shifter
Attached images
PIC_0005.JPG
PIC_0006.JPG
PIC_0007.JPG
picture 3!
But it's somewhat original, I give you credits for that

Driving Force Ex is what I use now aswell. It suffers from the same problem as mentioned before, I just canot manage to get straight with it since it's so little turn rate on it. You suffers from the same problem or is it particually my cp hands + my wheel that does it?
yes, i cant drive straigth too. ;D
My desk is really messy. Taken with my Nokia N95.
Attached images
01012010037.jpg
Quote from The Very End : picture 3!
But it's somewhat original, I give you credits for that

Driving Force Ex is what I use now aswell. It suffers from the same problem as mentioned before, I just canot manage to get straight with it since it's so little turn rate on it. You suffers from the same problem or is it particually my cp hands + my wheel that does it?

Wheel turn compensation to 1 and put the degrees of wheel turn in lfs on 180.
Must be better, if you already haven't got those settings.
Quote from G!NhO :Wheel turn compensation to 1 and put the degrees of wheel turn in lfs on 180.
Must be better, if you already haven't got those settings.

Tried various settings, still not quite straight but almost
My DFP keeps going off to one side, then I have to calibrate it again.

I don't use it much for LFS so it's not too much of a problem right now.

Still bloody annoying though..
Quote from Minimaxman :Like the shifter! Is it a valve by any chance?

yep, its valve, i found it in garage ;D
Quote from shaun463 :My desk is really messy. Taken with my Nokia N95.

Don't take this in an offensive way, but who cares a **** with what you have taken the photo? You know, N95 doesn't grow your penis.
bump!

clicky for larger.
Awesome!
Oh damn, time to change my underwear
Nasty!
Nono, it's meant as an compliment..well sort of I guess
Simple design, but feels great and its portable.
Attached images
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
Also pretty damn nice tbh.
I like Ales's better actually. Tomba's is aestethically superior without doubt, but there's too much distance between the wheel and shifter/handbrake assembly.

See the attached photo for reference, gear lever in neutral about 22cm from the edge of the wheel, handbrake 10 - 17cm depending on position.

And yes, I know my car is dirty.
Attached images
DSC03353.jpg
Quote from morpha :I like Ales's better actually. Tomba's is aestethically superior without doubt, but there's too much distance between the wheel and shifter/handbrake assembly.

See the attached photo for reference, gear lever in neutral about 22cm from the edge of the wheel, handbrake 10 - 17cm depending on position.

Uhmm in my car it's further apart.
Quote from G!NhO :Uhmm in my car it's further apart.

Well of course everyone is free to design their cockpit as they wish. I would base it on a performance-oriented road car, offering the best compromise for sim racing when both road cars and single-seaters are to be driven in it. I'll check on the Astra tomorrow, but it's not that different except for the handbrake being behind the gear lever.

Anyway, what'd actually bother me more than the distance is the (apparently) huge longitudinal offset.
Well a bmw e30 is performance orientated right? well maybe not, but ill measure it tomorrow.
Quote from morpha :I like Ales's better actually. Tomba's is aestethically superior without doubt, but there's too much distance between the wheel and shifter/handbrake assembly.

If something looks wrong, it's because of the lens, used 18mm on the pic.. it adds quite a lot of distance and remember that g25 wheel is quite small
All the lenghts of the cockpit has been taken from E60 and is quite accurate, shifter should be closer to the seat though, maybe matters of only 2cm. Handbrake is quite off place but I like it this way

E: distance between the wheel and shifter is 44cm if took from the center of the wheel to the shifter stick, dont know what the distance is in e60 though. I'll check it later
Fair enough, just looked really excessive compared to my desk-mounted setup and the Supra. As you say, though, the G25's diameter is not comparable with a real wheel, that throws it all off a bit

Post your wheel!
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG