The online racing simulator
A long race. I had to go make food half way through, as I realized I would need some sustenance to make it through a 2 hour F1 afternoon. A great result for Alonso, my early prediction for him to win the championship is not looking so bad. Feel sorry for Lewis, I think that was a racing incident, Hamilton just came off the worse. Good result for Button, he's picking up the points.
Quote from DarkTimes :A long race. I had to go make food half way through, as I realized I would need some sustenance to make it through a 2 hour F1 afternoon. A great result for Alonso, my early prediction for him to win the championship is not looking so bad. Feel sorry for Lewis, I think that was a racing incident, Hamilton just came off the worse. Good result for Button, he's picking up the points.

Good result for Button? He now lies fifth in the championship! Good result if your only measuring him against Lewis, but at the end of the day he was a good second off Alonso and Vettel. it doesn't look good at all for McLaren!
Great race! Well done Fernando! Amazing moves by Robert

What a surprise that Webber received no penalty for taking out Hamilton. I was thinking of 10 sec S&G, 100,000$ USD and 10 grid place penalty in Suzuka.
Quote from Intrepid :Good result for Button? He now lies fifth in the championship! Good result if your only measuring him against Lewis, but at the end of the day he was a good second off Alonso and Vettel. it doesn't look good at all for McLaren!

He's only a win away from leading the championship, still very much in the hunt.
Quote from TexasLTU :Great race! Well done Fernando! Amazing moves by Robert

What a surprise that Webber received no penalty for taking out Hamilton. I was thinking of 10 sec S&G, 100,000$ USD and 10 grid place penalty in Suzuka.

haha I hope you're being sarcastic

racing incident nothing more. Hamilton could have been smarter though.
Quote from TexasLTU :Great race! Well done Fernando! Amazing moves by Robert

haha butthurt ham fan
Thanks to Kobayashi for SC, that's all i can say.
Quote from Kid222 :Thanks to Kobayashi for SC, that's all i can say.

Oh look. Another "F1 is boring" "fan".

Well done to Alonso, should of been Vettels day though.

Webber and Hamilton sure dont like sharing the same piece of tarmac. Second time they collided this season...

This season is getting better and better. Hard to say who will take it.
"Your car is on fire."

"Yeah sure, let me just drive it a bit more and give me one of those red fire thingies, I'll put it out.

"Hurry, it's a huge fire!"

"Dude, relax!"

Fins
The incident really was because of the Virgin, Webber got blocked on the entry to the corner so hes exit speed was hampered and then hamilton got a look in, but pretty stupid of hamilton to just close the door on webber there was only going to be one result.

Awesome Job by Kubica hes overtake on Sutil was very impressive.

Mclaren where Pretty dud in this race and unless they pick up a big upgrade quick i doubt they will be in the title hunt, looks like it might just be a straight fight with Alonso and the two Red Bulls.
Quote from DevilDare :Oh look. Another "F1 is boring" "fan".

Relax, i'm not complaining. I forgot to add that everything else has been already said above. I just don't like repeating anything, that has been recently said. Are you happier?
What a race! I was expecting to be bored as hell but it turned out to be otherwise. Great drive for those on the podium. I had hopes that Glock would keep the 11th spot but that didnt happen. That was an epic fail from Kobayashi and Senna.... i just couldn't stop laughing.. XD

oh, and Ham should have done what Kubica did...
Meh, imo Hamilton did do what Kubica did. The difference was that the FI backed off, but Webber dove in deep anyways
Quote from el pibe :oh, and Ham should have done what Kubica did...

Or Webber should have done what Sutil did.. BRAKE.

EDIT: what NAI said.
from my POV, Ham did not give enough room to Webber considering that he (web) was off line ( braking = shite ). also kubica had a car that was miles faster and could pass sutil anywhere...... hamilton did not.
Quote from el pibe :from my POV, Ham did not give enough room to Webber considering that he (web) was off line ( braking = shite ). also kubica had a car that was miles faster and could pass sutil anywhere...... hamilton did not.

Why would he give him the room? It's Webbers job to slow his car down and make the corner. Hamilton did gave webber enough, but webber was just too shit on the brakes to be able to use it.. and instead of slowing down like he should have.. powered through it and twatted hamilton
Yea, so intresting race, I fell sleep in ~7th lap...
If Hamilton had used his racing brain he'd have known the next turn was a right hander and there was plenty of run off to use; but let's be honest, Lewis would've done the exact same move as Webber, so really racing incident, both will move on and learn from it.
Quote from Seb66 :Why would he give him the room? It's Webbers job to slow his car down and make the corner.

Which he would have easily done if Hamilton had let him enough room.
OK - Started watching F1 at 12:00, it's finally finished at 16:45. Almost 5 hours of motoracing. I think that's enough for a fortnight.
You can have a whole days motorsport in 2 weeks time with F1 in Japan and the BTCC finale at Brands
Quote from TypeRacing :Yea, so intresting race, I fell sleep in ~7th lap...

Please, just stop watching F1...

Not a bad race, Alonso and Vetell impressive from start to finish..

Kubica!:bowdown::bowdown:
Something that I don't think was covered that well (despite Brundle mentioning it a couple of times in the Forum) was Alonso's start. It was worse than the vast majority (if not all) of Schumacher's aggressive "chop" moves at the start of Grands Prix. If Vettel hadn't lifted there would almost certainly have been contact because Alonso was continuing to move over. Even though it wasn't at as high speed as the Schumacher/Barrichello incident from Hungary it was up there in terms of seriousness. It's a shame that these kinds of aggressive starts are becoming more and more commonplace in modern F1.
Quote from JPeace :I think its good, as long as its not taken to the extent that you acctually push somebody into the wall.

this is just happening because you have to be agressive like this to keep your place, and thats because its so damned difficult to overtake in F1.

This is where your logic fails. The only reason we didn't see a start crash between Alonso and Vettel was because Vettel backed out of it. If Vettel had been aggressive and continued to push for the lead the chances of a crash were very high. Aggression is good, but you need respect too. The drivers don't have to like each other or gift each other positions, but there needs to be a degree of respect through the field so people know they can race hard but, for the majority of the time, come out of situations with the car in good shape.
Quote from amp88 :This is where your logic fails. The only reason we didn't see a start crash between Alonso and Vettel was because Vettel backed out of it. If Vettel had been aggressive and continued to push for the lead the chances of a crash were very high...

So what exactly is the issue? The outcome was in Vettel's hands and it would have been reckless for him to move into a gap that was disappearing all the time. Alonso started moving over very early - long before Vettel was beside him.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG