The online racing simulator
Well, there's 3 options with changing the % restrctions (no weight):
  1. 20/23/24 - the same as last year. FZR is still maybe a little too fast, FXR too slow.
  2. 20/22/23 - FXR and XRR would be too fast, as PMD says, FXR would gain 1.4% power on FZR
  3. 21/24/25 - all cars slowed, but in actual fact, the FXR and XRR gain 0.65% and 0.44% power on the FZR respectively.
:gromit:
Quote from boothy :Well, there's 3 options with changing the % restrctions (no weight):
  1. 20/23/24 - the same as last year. FZR is still maybe a little too fast, FXR too slow.
  2. 20/22/23 - FXR and XRR would be too fast, as PMD says, FXR would gain 1.4% power on FZR
  3. 21/24/25 - all cars slowed, but in actual fact, the FXR and XRR gain 0.65% and 0.44% power on the FZR respectively.
:gromit:

2 there is no talented drivers choosing the FXR anyways.. XRR could be penalized with weights if proven too fast.
I find 21/24/25 the best after some sleek testing with teammates.
No ballast for GT2s, kthxbai. XRR is bad enough on tyres.
Quote from GianniC :I find 21/24/25 the best after some sleek testing with teammates.

You so sly
Restrictions were good as they were last season. You have to pay price for FXR being AWD, it gives so much stability in lap times and to have stable laps with FZR you have to put much more effort. Also FXR driven by fast driver isn't much slower than the other two
Quote from Deutschland2007 :No ballast for GT2s, kthxbai. XRR is bad enough on tyres.

It's like only car that can do R2 R2 easily , not for me though .

21/24/25 are best.
Quote from Bmxtwins :It's like only car than can do R2 R2 easily ,

Umm... What?

XRR and FZR can both do R2s nearly equally, and FZR has the advantage of doing R2/R3 over the XRRs R3s at some tracks.
Case in point: AS4R, XRR burned the R2s. In fact, XRR ran R2s at BL1R, while R2 fronts burned on the FZR.
Incase worry about redoing the whole class why don't you just slow the fzr down abit, 20% 10kg should be enough tbh.
I didn't want to go the GT1 route and use ballast as people always complain about that. We already use intake restriction in the GT2, so why not try and correct it? It's not like it is some big change, its 1% per car, which is only 7-10hp.

It's not like I want the change. People asked if GT2s could be balanced, and said that FZR had an advantage, and that FXR was too slow eventhough its easier. I found a way to keep the restrictions almost identical but boost the FXR and XRR versus the FZR.

It's funny when you see those people complain about the restrictions, and then when you try and help them out by finding a solution they just sit back and hide. They don't test, or put any input in, they just wait and wait until something happens. Sooner or later it won't go their way and then they will complain again.

From being in the server however, I've seen more positive responses from people that have tested than negative responses. All the negatives seem to be people on here that haven't tested and just "think" that the old restrictions were better.
We are actually testing new restrictions at ky3 so if fxr should have very similar times compared to xrr and fzr on this track then i dont be suprised when all teams chose FXR. For example on old restrictions FXR in hands 7 Karat on SO4R was very fast and if i remember in qual xrr takes first with time 34.7x and 7K was very close with 34.8x or 34.9x. 1% for xrr or fzr looks like almost nothing to slow down it, so FXR teams should test new restrictions with car of their dreams and compare it to last season times.
Quote from PMD9409 :I didn't want to go the GT1 route and use ballast as people always complain about that. We already use intake restriction in the GT2, so why not try and correct it? It's not like it is some big change, its 1% per car, which is only 7-10hp.

It's not like I want the change. People asked if GT2s could be balanced, and said that FZR had an advantage, and that FXR was too slow eventhough its easier. I found a way to keep the restrictions almost identical but boost the FXR and XRR versus the FZR.

It's funny when you see those people complain about the restrictions, and then when you try and help them out by finding a solution they just sit back and hide. They don't test, or put any input in, they just wait and wait until something happens. Sooner or later it won't go their way and then they will complain again.

From being in the server however, I've seen more positive responses from people that have tested than negative responses. All the negatives seem to be people on here that haven't tested and just "think" that the old restrictions were better.

Qft.

*Even though I wish the GT2's would be quicker but meh, 7~ hp less means nothing.
Going by the times, the FXR should have 1% taken off the test limits still. If the goal is to still keep the FXR under powered compared to the RWD cars then its brilliant as it is!

One has to remember that this is supposed to be an "amateur" event and not for the super fast like happened last year. If that's the case I still think the FXR is slower than its rivals and should be allowed to be a little closer.

Some people say that the FXR should be slower as it's easier to drive. I don't buy that as an amateur league. The object [to me] should be about getting the cars pretty close, irrespective of ease of driving. That's what creates better competition overall.....
Quote from StableX :Going by the times, the FXR should have 1% taken off the test limits still. If the goal is to still keep the FXR under powered compared to the RWD cars then its brilliant as it is!

Most of the top times are probably using a Q set. I was running only about .5 faster in the XRR/FZR over the FXR on KY3. You can't make that track run identical times, or else the XRR/FZR will be incredibly slow at the tighter tracks (XRR especially).

The schedule will have about 3 tracks that the FXR has a good chance at winning at, so it can't be overpowered at all. Technically it already has almost 20 more hp than the FZR anyways.

Once again, TEST, don't go by what you think you "know" because trust me, you will find out you know less than you thought.

Quote :
Some people say that the FXR should be slower as it's easier to drive. I don't buy that as an amateur league. The object [to me] should be about getting the cars pretty close, irrespective of ease of driving. That's what creates better competition overall.....

Once again, you aren't comprehending any of what is going on. You have to make the cars even for the ENTIRE season, not just the fast tracks. Lets take your hypothesis and draw it out.

Aston: Even
Westhill: Even
Kyoto: Even
FernBay: FXR
South City: FXR
Blackwood: FXR

Yeah, that makes sense right?... Orrrr, you could actually read what we are saying and you will see it will be more like this.

Aston: FZR/XRR
Westhill: XRR
Kyoto: XRR
FernBay: FZR/FXR
South City: FZR/FXR
Blackwood: Even-ish, but probably FZR/FXR

Do you understand now?
I understood before. It's your comprehension of what I understand that is wrong!

Quote from PMD9409 :
Once again, TEST, don't go by what you think you "know" because trust me, you will find out you know less than you thought.

Check logs... was there last night with people from my team which is why I posted what I did! Please try not to comprehend that there is only one answer here and it has to be yours

I'm just going on the testing we did last night. I also drove some laps on some of the other tracks and the results were what I expected, which is why I said what I did in my last post above. There will always be one team that drives a particular car better than the general cohort but to really analyse whether restrictions are right, use averages and I think you'll see if you look at averages, the results are a little different from what you've tried to explain. That's what I've looked in to and what results I found to be right. If I'm wrong on that, so be it but right now I just still think the same after finding out what I know to be what I expected.

I'm sorry if you feel I am not comprehending anything of what is going on. However, sometimes you are equally wrong with comprehension "iRacing Mazda competition!!".
Quote from StableX :
I'm just going on the testing we did last night. I also drove some laps on some of the other tracks and the results were what I expected, which is why I said what I did in my last post above. There will always be one team that drives a particular car better than the general cohort but to really analyse whether restrictions are right, use averages and I think you'll see if you look at averages, the results are a little different from what you've tried to explain. That's what I've looked in to and what results I found to be right. If I'm wrong on that, so be it but right now I just still think the same after finding out what I know to be what I expected.

Okay, so maybe you did test last night, but how would anyone know if you are not presenting numbers or any data whatsoever to back up your argument of why the FXR should get 1% less restriction?

The problem I have with taking the average time of everyone is simple. The FZR and XRR are more difficult to drive on the limit than the FXR, therefore the times will be more spread out. So when you goto calculate the averages, the FZR and XRR will actually be slower than what they should be, which would conclude the FZR and XRR will need to be faster, and the FXR teams will get another butt plug inserted into their tailpipe.

However it is an Amatuer league, and one needs to see what amatuers times are when on the limit. If one team drives faster than another, obviously they are putting in more effort to become faster, therefore they should actually BE faster. I'm not going to want to hurt a team because they practice more.

It's an Amatuer league, people must LEARN to become better, not have someone give them a boost to become better.

Quote :
I'm sorry if you feel I am not comprehending anything of what is going on. However, sometimes you are equally wrong with comprehension "iRacing Mazda competition!!".

lol yeah, bring up something I wouldn't care about to make up for something I'm actually trying to help out on.
When looking at average times I did two things. Firstly look at average times from previous season to see what the overall spread was based on the averages and restrictions used and had a quick look at the stats from when I was on the server too.....
Quote from JPeace :I would say that last year the better drivers drove the FZR and thats why it looked so much stronger than the other cars. Having said that, tracks suit other cars, and tracks such as SO the FXR blew the FZR away.

Well it always seems that way in some forms, but there are times where good drivers were in XRR and couldn't perform as well as they thought. The "better drivers" however seemed to be the drivers who put the most effort into their setups and just drove laps.

Quote from StableX :When looking at average times I did two things. Firstly look at average times from previous season to see what the overall spread was based on the averages and restrictions used and had a quick look at the stats from when I was on the server too.....

Can we see the numbers you used? Also the calculations you made that show the clear disadvantages? It would help significantly.
Just look at last years timings overall and you'll see it's clear. It's pretty self evident without needing my figuers!
#46 - CSF
GTFXR incominggg
Quote from StableX :Just look at last years timings overall and you'll see it's clear. It's pretty self evident without needing my figuers!

But if i look at last years championship, it comes down to the final round where 7k in a fxr could have won the championship so maybe they shouldn't be changed at all is what you are saying! . If you are just tellin me to look at last years times then you definitely won't be getting 22% as the fxr had much more potential to be fast. I used those times from last year, and that's how my restrictions were created. If you think that 22% is even, then I want whatever it is you are drinking!

Bring some proper data please, because your 'data' is just your opinion with no support.
Let me just say that we(7K) were very lucky. With some bad results for E-team the first couple of races, CoRe changing car and T7R withdrawing. I seriously doubt that we could manage that again^^ (Sure hope though )
Just leave the restrictions.. You did testing last year, and said yourself that the FXR was faster at the tracks it should be faster at, Phil..
I'm not trying to change the restrictions ken, read son.

People were wanting to know if a better balance could be found, so I made a suggestion, that was it really.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG