The online racing simulator
Season 2011: Restrictions Testing
Phil Diaz thinks that perhaps FZR 21 / FXR 24 / XRR 25 might work. Feel free to test it and give us some data

There's a server set: NDR.GTAL 2011

There's still the GT2 of last season.

But now a GT9 class is in Airio. FZ9 = FZR w/21% / FX9 = FXR w/24% / XR9 = XRR w/25%

Feel free to pop in and test. There's no password on for now. Post here with your opinions.
Quote from dekojester :Yeah, we've cleaned this up a bit. Let's keep the LLM bashing etc out of it, and let's discuss things relating to the season like restrictions.

Phil Diaz thinks that perhaps FZR 21 / FXR 24 / XRR 25 might work. Feel free to test it and give us some data

Last year's was 20 / 23 / 24 right?

Dunno what an extra percent does but should make it even anyways, but I think this restriction would even the FZR out as it loses more power per % since it isnt turbo (or atleast ive been told)

So should balance nicely, will test it up
#3 - Hahmo
Quote from dekojester :Yeah, we've cleaned this up a bit. Let's keep the LLM bashing etc out of it, and let's discuss things relating to the season like restrictions.

no, deko NO, NO
keep the restrictions the same they are, they're good now.
I say test 'em.
I'd say they should be tested for some time before you can actually take a conclusion, but it sounds quite decent tbh.
-
(dekojester) DELETED by dekojester
We have already tested them in LFS Endurance Series...it seems that it was unfair with FZR
#7 - Seb66
I'd say XRR has got this with the current test restrictions, looking at last season I would of chosen the XRR.. even more so now.
Keep in mind that this is TESTING. It is not guaranteed there's going to be any change whatsoever. It's also not guaranteed that there won't be a change at all.
i vote for new restrictions. Seems that XRR and FXR can atleast be competitve now and FZR isnt killing everyone.

1:25.68 on Ky3b, not great but i screwed my first sector by .6
Quote from Bmxtwins :Last year's was 20 / 23 / 24 right?

Dunno what an extra percent does but should make it even anyways, but I think this restriction would even the FZR out as it loses more power per % since it is turbo (or atleast ive been told)

So should balance nicely, will test it up

Am i the only one that noticed this statement?
WTF Ray.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Am i the only one that noticed this statement?
WTF Ray.

Kid is a bit slow, he is obviously saying it backwards.

I suggested this a couple nights back to Deko after reading people complain on how the FXR is too slow blah blah. Decided to test some numbers and see what other restrictions help the FXR and XRR in the most minimal way compared to the current 20,23,24.

After comparing multiple combinations (all sticking to around 350hp), I found that 21,24,25 was the only other choice we could have (because adding ballast is lame and you know it).

For example if we would have went with someones suggestion on putting the FXR to 22%, it would gain 1.41% power on the FZR which is way too much. However putting the restrictions at 21,24,25 we have the FXR gaining 0.65% on the FZR and the XRR only gaining 0.44% power on the FZR.

It's the smallest change possible to help the turbo GT2s that seem to be at a disadvantage every year. It's not going to make them dominant, but its not going to leave you saying "The FZR is still dominant everywhere".
-
(Seb66) DELETED by Seb66
Well then.....all hail Phil.
Well if we want to know what really happens with these new restrictions we need to get testing. Deko was kind enough to get the server up nice and quick, so lets see quite a few teams start testing.

Who knows, maybe while you guys are testing you might get some hints on the top secret 2011 schedule.
Personally i found the restrictions OK last season and dont think theres really no need to change them at all. It is true tjere are whiners about the fxr's restrictions, but ffs there was about 5-6 fxr's last season, one of them capable of winning the championsip. If there actually was drivers who can drive it, theres no need to complain.

Aswell about the xrr, I drove it last season, even noobs like us wouldve have chances of winning with xrr.. there was again only 5 xrr's last season so we cannot really compare to it with Fzr's. Though.. I prefer making xrr bit faster as it loses too much in windy conditions.
Quote from Hahmo : I prefer making xrr bit faster as it loses too much in windy conditions.

Thats one of the best points yet.. XRR get royally killed in wind
Quote from Seb66 :Thats one of the best points yet.. XRR get royally killed in wind

Yeah.. For the 12h race our pace in practise was probably the fastest, but it all got ruined because of the wind.. :l
#18 - CSF
TBH thats more of a case for banning wind than anything.
Hehe shame we dont keep with the amateur theme and suggest 3 random intake restrictions and be done with it lol. Now that would be the amateur thing to do.
Quote from CSF :TBH thats more of a case for banning wind than anything.

depends how much you care about balancing If we do use wind this year, to make it fairer, maybe no wind at the 12h race?
#21 - CSF
Wind is too random a commodity to balance cars based off what may or may not happen during the season.
The XRR is the easiest on it's tires, so I would put a weight restriction on it and maybe as much power as FXR, FZR should have less power as the other 2 as it doesn't have to deal with turbo lag.
Quote from DeathItself :The XRR is the easiest on it's tires, so I would put a weight restriction on it and maybe as much power as FXR, FZR should have less power as the other 2 as it doesn't have to deal with turbo lag.

But then the FZR will get slaughtered by lower top speed, and lower cornering speed due to having to use lower wings to keep up with the XRR
Quote from CSF :TBH thats more of a case for banning wind than anything.

Don't you dare!

Quote from DeathItself :The XRR is the easiest on it's tires, so I would put a weight restriction on it and maybe as much power as FXR, FZR should have less power as the other 2 as it doesn't have to deal with turbo lag.

XRR easiest on tires? Ehh? The weight restrictions are not needed in GT2 plus they just screw up the car's handling. XRR having the same power as FXR would be XRR domination all season long, it already has more power than the FZR, and the FXR needs more power because it loses 4-5% due to it being AWD. Therefore the FXR needs most power, followed by the XRR, then the FZR.
Why change the most used cars restriction? instead of the inferior ones.

Season 2011: Restrictions Testing
(125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG