The online racing simulator
Ahhhh just use the old restrictions. They were perfect !
Quote from [no]Kill :"we"dont like alians :-D

Tsss, did you say that when I drove for you in 2009?
though, I am a human being =)
So after been a way for some time I see the old discussion of balancing the GT2`s again has come up. As StableX has said somewhere in this thread we had a couple of laps of testing on the new restrictions. Well at least I drove every car and since I have been away for a while it still felt like the FZR was the better car overall. That should be my lack of skill propably.

I remember this converstaion from last year were Phil told me off. Well not in words but showing on track the FXR could be fast. He did a couple of stints on a server to show me that the FXR was on pace. The track was KY3 or KY3R, cant really remember but is not of that importance. Phil took my set and showed me in a couple of laps that they car on that set could drive at least faster then I was doing.

What did it tell me then ?, well I was lacking skill to drive that car to the limit. Off course I was and still am a amateur but that is what the GTAL is about. A amateur league were we can be as competive as we self want to be. If you wanna win then put in a lot of effort and practise to get to the top. You dont want that then accept you wont be able to win at all.

We can nagg about restriction to begin with but I think its more fair to have a good look at yourselfs for starters and ask yourself if you are able to win. If not then choice car and start practising. If you think you are able to win then Deko has a challenge for you, test the new restriction out. Not a couple of laps but a full stint. Next night you`ll take another car and do the same. Following night take the last car and again a full stint.

I see discussion now in this thread were a lot have been said but I still dont see any proove of the restrictions Phil proposed. As stated by StableX get a couple of Aliens to those stints and see what the results are. Deko has said he wants the Aliens to show it. As they seem to be better in cars as we amateurs are. And they are because we nickname them Aliens right ?.

I do tend to agree with the proposal of phil were in figure you gain some power towards the FZR and XRR in a FXR. And probably you wont gain much on long tracks as Aston or Kyoto. But there are other tracks were the 4WD will shine more and you have a more competive car.

Besides all of this I think enjoying yourself in the GTAL is what its all about regardless what car you drive. Sure I want to win aswell but know myself good enough I dont have what it takes. So that leaves me to practise, and have fun on the GTAL with my mates. Remember we all do this to have fun to begin with, despite what car you drive.

Whatever they outcome may be from the test drive in the cars I will happily drive the FXR again even if its showed you can`t win the GTAL in a FXR.
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF : mis reaaaaaaad too early.
#79 - CSF
Bleh mis read the last bit first time.

21/24/25 are currently looking alright in the tests we have done so far.
Quote from CSF :Bleh mis read the last bit first time.

21/24/25 are currently looking alright in the tests we have done so far.

Have you any data to show ?
#81 - CSF
No I didn't save replays, but the around KY3 the XRR was quickest with those restrictions, with the FZR a few tenths behind and the FXR rock dead last as expected. We will probably do BL1 soon, which we expect to be pretty close.
With this restrictions at BL1 I think FXR makes similar times to FZR and here FXR have advantage of 4wd and same or better avg. times imo.
#83 - CSF
Yip, XRR should be pretty close too.
Quote from CSF :No I didn't save replays, but the around KY3 the XRR was quickest with those restrictions, with the FZR a few tenths behind and the FXR rock dead last as expected. We will probably do BL1 soon, which we expect to be pretty close.

hmm but compared to last year's KY3 racing, is the FXR closer in times, or still just as further away at KY3. Every car has its certain track where it's good or bad... but atleast FXR will be a little bit more competitive.
I am bored in class so I will reply with my phone hehe.

The times at kyoto was darn close to what we were hoping for. The xrr was ahead of the fzr by the smallest of margins due to its ability to run r2s. The fzr however can run over a hour so that's a nice counter advantage. The fxr was consistently .5 of a second off. We obviously didn't want the fxr too close to the other two cars here or it will dominate on the tighter tracks we have planned.

fzr/xrr 2:23.4-8 start of stint
fxr 2:24.0-3 start of stint

Moving on to blackwood because we thought it would be the most competitive track for all three cars... it showed. All three cars were pushed to the limit on race set and stint fuel and the average times of all three cars were only 0.26 apart. The fxr was the fastest with its r3/r2 tires, followed by the xrr/fzr that were both using r2's and were less than .1 off each other on the limit.

fxr 10.9-11.0 start of stint
fzr/xrr 11.2 start of stint

Our next, and maybe final, test will be at as6r. We have no idea what will happen there since it hasn't really been used before. I encourage people to do laps and help us make a conclusion on whether these restrictions are more equal.

Oh yeah... I'm still in class, better pay attention.
Quote from PMD9409 :I am bored in class so I will reply with my phone hehe.

The times at kyoto was darn close to what we were hoping for. The xrr was ahead of the fzr by the smallest of margins due to its ability to run r2s. The fzr however can run over a hour so that's a nice counter advantage. The fxr was consistently .5 of a second off. We obviously didn't want the fxr too close to the other two cars here or it will dominate on the tighter tracks we have planned.

fzr/xrr 2:23.4-8 start of stint
fxr 2:24.0-3 start of stint

Moving on to blackwood because we thought it would be the most competitive track for all three cars... it showed. All three cars were pushed to the limit on race set and stint fuel and the average times of all three cars were only 0.26 apart. The fxr was the fastest with its r3/r2 tires, followed by the xrr/fzr that were both using r2's and were less than .1 off each other on the limit.

fxr 10.9-11.0 start of stint
fzr/xrr 11.2 start of stint

Our next, and maybe final, test will be at as6r. We have no idea what will happen there since it hasn't really been used before. I encourage people to do laps and help us make a conclusion on whether these restrictions are more equal.

Oh yeah... I'm still in class, better pay attention.

Yes that is what I was thinking, and if you do South City (god nooooo) then it will be FXR advantage even more. Though not for me...
How about this:

We know what the result was in 2010.

So use the new restrictions (Phil's baby) for 2011.

If it's still not right, then 2012 should be easier to figure out.

Those of us who are still here now during this LFS lull will most likely be here then, so if it's not yet perfect, we'll work on it next year.

Not only is GTAL a learning place for many of us players, it's a learning ground for those who administrate it.

To me personally i could give a rats ass whether or not FXR is faster or slower than FZR, because my abilities cannot show the full potential of either one.
Just give me a set of rules to follow and i'll do my best to follow them, hope for a little luck, and have a ton of fun along the way.
Indeed Kev spot on. +1

Lets use the restriction figured out by Phil. We did some testing last night and couldnt say we were on pace due too a empty ario database. However we did see the FZR was about 2 sec. faster on AS6R compared to the FXR. There was a XRR last night but I didnt see the results because it was too late for me.

I think considering our times they could be dropped at least with a second a lape by a Alien. Did enjoy myself to be honest doing some lapes again in LFS. That was a long time ago i enjoyed myself in LFS. I will go back tonight for some laps again. I hope some more people will hook up.
Quote from niels1 :Indeed Kev spot on. +1

Lets use the restriction figured out by Phil. We did some testing last night and couldnt say we were on pace due too a empty ario database. However we did see the FZR was about 2 sec. faster on AS6R compared to the FXR. There was a XRR last night but I didnt see the results because it was too late for me.

I think considering our times they could be dropped at least with a second a lape by a Alien. Did enjoy myself to be honest doing some lapes again in LFS. That was a long time ago i enjoyed myself in LFS. I will go back tonight for some laps again. I hope some more people will hook up.

If someone posts a decent FX2 qually set here I'll give it a fair old bash today and see if I can go any faster
Quote from Seb66 :If someone posts a decent FX2 qually set here I'll give it a fair old bash today and see if I can go any faster

Oke here ya go.

edit : I am on my lappie, doesnt have LFS on it. Will post later on.
Been running in test server and tried a little of both, I quite like the new restrictions and think it makes it a lot more even.
New restrictions IMO :

Round 1 - KY2R - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR (fxr is easiest to drive and have better avg.times for race)
Round 2 - WE1 - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 3 - FE4 - 1st FXR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd XRR
Round 4 - AS6R - 1st XRR 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 5 - SO4R - 1st FXR (dominate) 2nd XRR 3rd FZR
Round 6 - KY3 - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 7 - BL1 - all 3 cars makes here similar times but FXR is easiest to drive

If you want to be close on short tracks and win on fast tracks take XRR.
If you want win BL1, FE4 and SO4R and suck in fast tracks take FXR.
If you want to suck at almost every track take FZR.
I just hate the FZR. Jeez, I try my best to like it but it just dosnt work for me. XRR feels like the best car atm.
Quote from luki97 :New restrictions IMO :

Round 1 - KY2R - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR (fxr is easiest to drive and have better avg.times for race)
Round 2 - WE1 - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 3 - FE4 - 1st FXR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd XRR
Round 4 - AS6R - 1st XRR 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 5 - SO4R - 1st FXR (dominate) 2nd XRR 3rd FZR
Round 6 - KY3 - 1st XRR (dominate) 2nd FZR 3rd FXR
Round 7 - BL1 - all 3 cars makes here similar times but FXR is easiest to drive

If you want to be close on short tracks and win on fast tracks take XRR.
If you want win BL1, FE4 and SO4R and suck in fast tracks take FXR.
If you want to suck at almost every track take FZR.

Right FZR is the worst car atm. and I think it shouldn't be so.
Quote from MonkeyHead :Right FZR is the worst car atm. and I think it shouldn't be so.

+1... And IMO, devs designed the game with being the FZR the fastest if well driven, and I think it should stay the same in comparison to other cars, even though they are restricted. Just my 2 cents
Quote from jensbrix :+1... And IMO, devs designed the game with being the FZR the fastest if well driven, and I think it should stay the same in comparison to other cars, even though they are restricted. Just my 2 cents

So, if the devs are creating a class with a bad balancing we have to keep the disadvantage other cars have to FZR? XRR is now faster at fast tracks than FZR and slower at slow tracks: KY3B, WE1, KY2R are XRR tracks, where as FE4, SO4R, BL1 are FZR tracks. FZR will probably also be just as quick if not better at AS6R, because XRR can it seems not run R2s in a race there.
whit these new restrictions the fzr is the new fxr for me, wont chose it because its to slow
Quote from Deutschland2007 :So, if the devs are creating a class with a bad balancing we have to keep the disadvantage other cars have to FZR? XRR is now faster at fast tracks than FZR and slower at slow tracks: KY3B, WE1, KY2R are XRR tracks, where as FE4, SO4R, BL1 are FZR tracks. FZR will probably also be just as quick if not better at AS6R, because XRR can it seems not run R2s in a race there.

No, you get me wrong. I think it's good to balance the class, but I still think the FZR should be the best car if driven optimally. Whatever...
That's a contradiction.
You can't have balanced cars and one be better than the others.
To be fair i would say that the cars seem fairly even, XRR and FZR are fairly even on times at KY2r, carnt say ive tried the FXR though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG