The online racing simulator
(31 posts, started )
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :1) More chances for big T1 wrecks

you could have 1 car on the track... T1 will still wreak.

also 40ish sounds good to me.... but most lfs users have pretty poor interwebs so they lag like windows 3.1
47 cars...
Easily calculate that ADSL type connection 512 kbps is necessary minimum for client, today it should not be a problem.
Situation is very different for host for which the necessary minimum is 20 Mbps upload (for highest smoothness).

But bigger problem may be with old computers which do not cope with many cars on track.
And one more thing, new physics - I do not think that LFS 0.6A will have a lower hardware requirements than LFS 0.5Z28.

So I see more technical problems (ie low FPS, synchronization problems, long delays, packet loss etc) than fun.
Quote from adamshl :Easily calculate that ADSL type connection 512 kbps is necessary minimum for client, today it should not be a problem.
Situation is very different for host for which the necessary minimum is 20 Mbps upload (for highest smoothness).

But bigger problem may be with old computers which do not cope with many cars on track.
And one more thing, new physics - I do not think that LFS 0.6A will have a lower hardware requirements than LFS 0.5Z28.

So I see more technical problems (ie low FPS, synchronization problems, long delays, packet loss etc) than fun.

As you say it is usually the stone age computers people are using that makes it laggy. People don't understand that if the game runs shit on the computer - it will lag, regardless if they have a good internet or not. Sure, it helps to have a good internet but it is equally important to have a computer that runs the game smooth.

Gief me mah 47 cars..DAWG!
Quote from The Very End :As you say it is usually the stone age computers people are using that makes it laggy. People don't understand that if the game runs shit on the computer - it will lag, regardless if they have a good internet or not. Sure, it helps to have a good internet but it is equally important to have a computer that runs the game smooth.

Gief me mah 47 cars..DAWG!

And a "RP" perhaps?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :And a "RP" perhaps?

How about a Fireball Cannon?

I wouldnt join a 30+ race - ill be pissed off very fast after T1...

TehPaws3D - not that your avatar has change - I'm 100% certain you are a Red Head. XD

40 Is not a magic number - the cake is a lie....

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG