The online racing simulator
Virus Help....Oh dear
(45 posts, started )
#26 - PoVo
Small Update.

I turned it on the other day and once it got to the desktop, the Monitor went blank and said "Mode Not Supported", and was for some reason running at 315hz(!) hence why the Monitor was shutting down. I eventually managed to get round this, quickly backed up my files and then done a full Re-Format.

Sorted.
maybe youtube had a spotty advertisement?
anyone else notice a new wave of viruses affecting google analytics to redirect links to various (fake) websites?
I knew there was a serious problem with one company knowing what every person is doing online at every moment.
I have the google redirect and it's a major PITA. I can't get rid of it short of a full wipe and reinstall which I can't do right now. Not only is a reinstall a PITA, but I'm on a 2005 computer with XP and have days and days worth of updates with a reinstall.

I've learned to live with the [right click] [copy location] [paste in address bar] way of searching.
Quote from mrodgers :Not only is a reinstall a PITA, but I'm on a 2005 computer with XP and have days and days worth of updates with a reinstall.

That's why you make a customized installation CD for an unattended XP installation, including all the updates and service packs.
I'm not sure if it's a virus

But I get work at home ads or 'this site is brought to you by' ads on various sites
#34 - PoVo
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'm not sure if it's a virus

But I get work at home ads or 'this site is brought to you by' ads on various sites

That's just advertising. A website gets paid by people, to advertise their stuff.
Quote from mrodgers :I have the google redirect and it's a major PITA. I can't get rid of it short of a full wipe and reinstall which I can't do right now. Not only is a reinstall a PITA, but I'm on a 2005 computer with XP and have days and days worth of updates with a reinstall.

I've learned to live with the [right click] [copy location] [paste in address bar] way of searching.

that might be the TDSS rootkit. it replaces the ATAPI driver with a hook that loads its malicious code. it can be removed with tools on the internet. good luck.
I seem to have a virus too.
Everytime I open internet explorer, my virusscanner gives me a warning:

C:\Windows\System32\atmlibb.dll
(atmlibb that is, double b)
It says it's an Agent2.BTIE trojan.
When I try to forcedelete it, my pc will freeze =(

EDIT:

Wut, I'm busy for 2 hours now, used Hijackthis, later I Analysed it (also online), then after that I just had to check it to delete it.
It's gone..

Nice.
anyone know of those scanners you use that finds EVERYTHING but it just takes a really long time?

a few were in one of these threads, but i cant find what one. they were links to a few websites
MalwareBytes anti malware or something helped me get rid of a tricky virus once.
Quote from logitekg25 :anyone know of those scanners you use that finds EVERYTHING but it just takes a really long time?

a few were in one of these threads, but i cant find what one. they were links to a few websites

doesnt exist tbh.
a new virus cant be found, even from the best virusscanner on the whole world.
it just has its own new signature.
if u really want to be sure...u will ned to have a few antivirus installed/scan ur pc.
#40 - PoVo
And use a bootable Anti-virus, that can be put on a USB flash drive or burned on a CD.
the post after might have been it
It sounds like you have a SmitFraud infection. I suggest you install Ad Aware Free Edition and/or AVG Anti-Spyware on your computer and run a complete system scan using the program(s). Don't just rely on one program, especially since your computer has already been infected. You can download them for free at CNET's download.com. The website below should give you some background information about the infection.

LOL That's exactly what I was thinking. You won't get viruses from Youtube unless you click one of those dodgy links. The only virus I got on my PC was from an afforementioned site as per Niall's post. :hide:
I got the exact virus yesterday, but 10 minutes after i got the virus, my screen decided to crash and give me a blue screen.
Pc started back up, Signed back on to my account. Straight away i got another blue screen.
Tried another 10 times after this, no luck.
Got very P*ssed off and decided to format the pc.
I'm not good with anger.. about 2 weeks a go i smashed my screen from losing 15 pages worth of coursework.

Goodbye 30 gig rfactor folder :/

Virus Help....Oh dear
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG