The online racing simulator
Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
good point, if you are in pole, get into the corner asap, if you take the racing line you will be at the apex just as the crazies come flying in

my diagram is about when you are in 2nd - 6th on the grid.

If you are lower down than that, just maintain your position and distance and don't lockup into the 1st corner, remember that the cars in front of you are progressively braking earlier and eariler making your braking point earlier than the car in front.
#77 - joen
Quote from southamptonfc :Agreed.

Here is how I try to stay away from it.

In the picture you can see the apex where most people go straight towards, the crash normally happens just before where all the cars try and go into the same space of track.

The line round the outside is the one that I take if I'm near the front of the grid, there is more room out there and you can often either drive round the accident or pick you way through the scattered cars.

This doesn't stop you getting rear ended by someone who really wants to cause a pileup but most often people lock up while heading towards the inside apex, so the outside of the track is often clear.

That's what I always do when further up the grid, works out ok 7 out of 10 times.
I'm certainly not bored of the F1 car, I think It's a thrill to drive. But I have to say the skill level in this car seems to get worse by the day. Probably because the capable drivers stay away because of the nutters.
I tried a race again a couple of days ago on Blackwood, and after having to avoid about 10 accidents in 1 lap I just couldn't be bothered anymore.
I spectated some drivers on board and most of them really didn't have any clue whatsoever about driving it. Approaching T1 full throttle till after the 50m, them slamming the brakes fully and instantly, locking up all wheels, and then taking some sort of turn, braking in the corner before start/finish (Blackwood) illepall It was really really bad, there were about 3 drivers in the 20+ field doing laps under a minute.
So I really hope it gets better.
On a sidenote it's too bad there are so few FO8 races. This has become such a nice car since the latest patch, capable of doing close racing as much fun as the FOX.
Since it seems the talk is straying more towards T1 and away from the BF1, I just want to say something. T1 should be absolutely so simple to navigate through without the crashes we have. HOLD YOUR LINE and USE YOUR LEFT/RIGHT VIEW! That simple! If everyone wouldnt' try to win the race at T1 and battle to hit the apex while not paying attention to the other cars, then T1 crashes wouldn't be a problem. I'll drop into the back of the field and watch the carnage from the back. It's hilarious as folks are weaving back and forth from left to right, diving into the apex no matter if they are on inside or outside, etc. If everyone would just hold their line while approaching T1, it would be much easier to make it to T2 and eventually to the finish. Sure, you can go around the slower guy in front of you, but it's the weaving left-right-left constantly that cause all the crashes. I see more crashes BEFORE T1 than I do IN T1.

To finish in first, you first have to finish!
the reason i dont use the bf1 is simply because i have to change my view settings and control settings every time. if there was a way to have custom settings for each car i would race it all the time. (is there?)
#80 - joen
regarding the view settings there is a workaround method. Use the custom camera settings to recreate the cockpit view but with a higher FOV for instance. The custom camera settings are saved seperately for each car. So when racing the BF1 setting the view to your liking would just require pressing "V" once.
Quote from joen :regarding the view settings there is a workaround method. Use the custom camera settings to recreate the cockpit view but with a higher FOV for instance. The custom camera settings are saved seperately for each car. So when racing the BF1 setting the view to your liking would just require pressing "V" once.

That works nice for the view, but doesn't address the bigger problem, the controls. You simply do not have enough time to take your hand from the wheel and shift with the seq. shifter, so I end up needing to remap all my buttons, then get use to them being remapped. Same with changing back. I think I would just wreck way too much if you came up on my left side and I automatically tapped the downshift button 2 or 3 times trying to look over at you. That would be funny though.
Is that really a big problem? I think the gear shift control change can be done in less than 10 seconds from any part of the game.
Not a huge problem, but it is a real PITA. First change the gears to the paddle shifters, then change the look mapping which I'd probably want on the top buttons, which means change the pitlimiter and horn (though that's not a problem, no horn on the F1 car). Next is the big problem, I've been sim racing with a wheel for 10 years and have been using the sequential shifter for 10 years. For the last year and a half, I've had the Momo and have used the paddles to look left/right. I use them often and quickly, usually with a couple of quick looks. Thus with someone coming up on my left and someone right behind me, I'd give 3 quick looks to the left and BOOM, the guy behind me would wipe me out from me downshifting to 3rd down the back straight.

Then have to go and remap all the buttons again when I want to jump to the other cars.

Along with needing to see two separate sets of wheels, one on the screen and the one I'm using to control the cars because there wouldn't be any guages otherwise.
There should maybe be 3 control/view setups that you can customise and switch between?

Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG