The online racing simulator
Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
Bored of the F1 car?
Hi,

Is it just me or has the amount of people racing (non oval) the F1 car dropped hugely in the last few weeks?

It's the only car I drive now, I think its brilliant but am missing the 16 people races...
I don't think, you really miss them. I only drove the car the first week, when it was new and never touched it again after that.

Its good for hotlaps and driving alone or with only few other drivers, but on a full server, its a nightmare. You cant have close races with it IMO (only the aliens ).
the F1 ? whats that?
ah.. the BMW ...never raced it so I dont know.
Yup, the amount of skill required to make a race not end in chaos is far too high. It's also very stressing to race it because you don't have any pause between the corners anymore, so even a short race is very tiring.
F1 car in LFS, ha ha your pulling my leg
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think, you really miss them. I only drove the car the first week, when it was new and never touched it again after that.

Its good for hotlaps and driving alone or with only few other drivers, but on a full server, its a nightmare. You cant have close races with it IMO (only the aliens ).

My experiences are the same. I think I drove the BF1 at Blackwood for around 15 laps and haven't touched it again.

IMO the single seater car everyone should be using now is the F08.

The FOX is great for close racing as it's become a little easier to drive but I think the FO8 poses the right mix atm.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :My experiences are the same. I think I drove the BF1 at Blackwood for around 15 laps and haven't touched it again.

IMO the single seater car everyone should be using now is the F08.

The FOX is great for close racing as it's become a little easier to drive but I think the FO8 poses the right mix atm.

I quite agree, although i'm keeping offline atm as it still catches me out too often to become competitive.
Having said that i raced at BLGP in the FO8 along with a load of F1's and managed quite well (alright they kept crashing and i kept going)!!
#8 - richy
ive done a total of 17 laps accross 3 tracks

cant be bothered to keep switching wheel on driver on. lame excuse i know.
Please people persevere!!!

Yes there a lot of crashes and idiots but thats just like the Midland drivers or the Minardis in the 90's - total menaces, reducing everyones life expectancy, drivers, spectators, marshals etc I love it!

There is a skill in avoiding accidents, thats just something that needs to be learned, if you avoid that first corner accident and stay on the track you are guaranteed great racing I promise you. I have had some classic wheel to wheel races with equally skilled drivers. I don't necessarily mean the fastest but respectfull and fair.

Why are people saying "F1 car????" Do people think its not realistic or something?
I know that as soon as i get S2 I'm taking the V8 and the BMW for a spin.

Most likely into some gravel tho
I dont quite understand why people think its so hard to drive.

Its the lightest car with the most grip. Ok it has a lot of power but also has traction control. I find it's actually the easiest car to drive.

I recommend using a setup that has slight understeer, its how the professionals do it and only once you are very good with throttle and brakes can try a more unstable setup that will give you the fastest laptimes. But remember to finish first, you have to finish!!!

I find a stable understeering setup wins me a lot of races even though I can be a second or so slower than the fastest lap.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I only race the F1 so my view is setup for it, I know what you mean though.

The trick to not getting rear ended is to brake late and stay really wide on entry to the corner, you should find that this keeps you out of trouble most of the time.
#13 - Vain
There are no leagues that currently run the BF1. Public racing is seldomly exciting, so I usually skip that unless I'm training for a league race in a public server.

Vain
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
In my opinion, most of the time, the higher the class is... the less fun it is. I used to race a lot with GTR's on Aston, but it was always a few laps with fighting for a position, after that it was just cruising and trying to stay on the track.
Now I started racing the TBO class on Fern Bay, this is a lot more fun!

And about the BF1... I was sick of it from the minute we knew it was coming
My best races are prolly TBO on South City. They are so close and so fun. The most fun one for me happened when S2 was finally released, but I have had many since I got S1, and even to now.
I'll upload a couple of replays of wheel to wheel races that I've had later but yes, the nature of F1 means that it's not as wheel to wheel as some.

After a close race I am generally sweating, shaking and totally drained due to the concentration and not blinking for 10 minutes. I guess everyone has their own idea of fun !!!

ps I am a complete F1 nutter so I suppose I find it hard to understand why everyone doesn't like the BF1 as much as me!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I've managed to have fun in the BF1, believe it or not. True there are the T1 issues, but its funny how everyone just ignores them now, instead of voting to restart all the time (probably the "too soon to restart" rule heheh).

I think it comes back to like minded and skilled people racing on the same servers, currently there are too many people that dont know what the BF1 is capable of and they just pile in at T1.

I love the BF1 and will continue to, but my usual reaction with a racing game/sim is to favour the maddest car, period. True the racing is closer in some of the other cars, but dammit they are too slow !
Cool! There are people that think like me out there!!!
I've been driving nothing but the BMW lately (no oval though). GTR and TBO classes kinda lost their charm if one doesn't happen to enjoy driving the hands-down superior car. But hopefully balancing patches are coming sooner or later.
Quote from Vain :There are no leagues that currently run the BF1. Public racing is seldomly exciting, so I usually skip that unless I'm training for a league race in a public server.

Vain

There are some leagues who run at least a few races with it.
I see you're from germany, so take a look at this:
http://octrin.brainsware.org/f ... 86588b34af17038a3b5eaef31
Don't really like the BMW. It's a fast and "funny" thing for some laps but I'm bored of it.

My absolute favourite is the FOX. Especially in South City with this nice chicane where I won some of the races.

FOX and F08 are great cars. Dunno but the BF1 should have never been put into LfS.

*Taking my legs under my arms* Have got to go
I would drive the Sauber, but the standard of driving was very poor last time I had a try. By now I'm probably the one causing the problem (through lack of practice), so I'll be several seconds off the pace for a few races. Maybe I'll have a go at some point, but a busy server, the BF1 and inexperience in the car don't fill me with much confidence of having a fun evening. An LX4 and a track however, guarantee it. Nuff said.

And I'm a big F1 fan too portsmouthfc, so don't assume that being a fan of a professional series means I want to partake in incomplete copies driven by amateurs.
Quote from Christian Held :Don't really like the BMW. It's a fast and "funny" thing for some laps but I'm bored of it.

My absolute favourite is the FOX. Especially in South City with this nice chicane where I won some of the races.

FOX and F08 are great cars. Dunno but the BF1 should have never been put into LfS.

*Taking my legs under my arms* Have got to go

I think LFS should only have BF1, XRT and XRR.
Incidentally, why the hell DO people race the BF1 on Oval? Surely with a car like that it's all about skill, control and close thrilling racing on proper tracks, not holding the wheel at 45 degrees and flooring it for 15 laps until the next start-grid pile-up?
Quote from spankmeyer :I think LFS should only have BF1, XRT and XRR.

LOL, I'd vote for GTRs only , specifically the FZR.

I think I only ran the BF1 maybe 5 laps total (offline to try). Then I put it away and went to an empty GTR server to try the new physics. Luckily for me, there were others who thought the same and I ended up with some nice running in the FZR right from the beginning of patch U.

FZR is my choice of cars, though I do dable in the FOX a good bit. I have the same amount of laps in the F08 as the BF1. Can't drive any of the FWD cars (ie. the XFR/UFR) and I try to jump in the TBO servers, but by the time I mess around with setup and stuff, the big bit in the US is on to a different car class. Besides, there is only a few configs of Fern Bay that I like. Most servers are usually going the wrong direction that I like.

With the lack of US users, you only have 1 or 2 servers with enough racers to actually have a race (one being the dreaded AS Nat. of course). I usually end up floating around a bit bored, then disconnect and do something else anymore. I see me doing some more of my world tour in the flight sim in the near future. Or heading back to my offline NR2003 racing. Just isn't enough folks racing anymore.

TBO cars would be good, but I have so many laps in the FZR, it's hard to get use to how unresponsive the TBO cars are.

Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG